Onstage, Offstage

Onstage, Offstage

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  129 ratings  ·  22 reviews
He’s sold more than 25 million records. His live shows fill the world’s biggest stadiums to capacity. He has captured hearts everywhere with his classic style. Now, for the first time ever, Grammy Award–winning singer Michael Bublé offers fans an all-access, behind-the-scenes glimpse at his private life, onstage and off.Pairing the singer’s own heartfelt words with hundred...more
Published November 29th 2011 by Gallery Books (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Onstage, Offstage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Onstage, Offstage

Caitlin
Christmas gift from my little brother!

There's nothing special about Buble's writing style, but it's fun to read about his childhood and early career in his own words.

I found it especially cute when he admits his Star Wars obsession and talks about how his room was all decked out with Star Wars gear as a kid. Apparently he slips random Star Wars references into his interviews just to see if any of the reporters ever notice. Will have to look out for these now...

Also really like how he says the...more
I think the reason I felt slightly disappointed was because I thought this was a memoir of sorts. (It's not.)

This pretty much sums up the four pillars of the book: he's (1) Italian, (2) insecure, (3) learned a lot from working on his dad's fishing boat, and (4) thinks of himself "as a real guy's guy who somehow ended up wearing a suit and singing love ballads". Everything else in the book expands upon those major focal points; he's super repetitive about his Italian family heritage, the constant...more
VWrulesChick
The first half of the book is a short history on Michael and where he came from and his roots and gives us a glimpse into where he started from and how hard he had to work to get out there in the music industry. And where he is in his life now with his music, writing and with beautiful wife, Lu. The second half of the book are pictures take by reowned photographer - love the pic with Michael and his stuffed pig. He seems like a down-to-earth kind of guy with strong family values and a real passi...more
LaToya Davidson-Perez
This is a particularly good book as it was written by Michael himself. It was like getting a real glimpse into his thoughts and feelings regarding his life in pursuit of his dreams. There are points where he tends to be a bit repetitive and his train of thought meanders but as a fan, I loved it all the same. The photos are great and it was a relatively quick read given his text accounted for around 72 of the book's 300+ pages. If you're a fan this is definitely a must read.
Irene
As a huge fan of Michael Buble's music and personality, this book really gives insight into his background and all the external and internal hurdles that he overcame to get to where he is now. It is a fantastic and honest read and my respect and admiration for him not only as an artist, but as a person just shot up by tenfold. A must read for all Buble fans <3
Sophie
Made me rethink my love for his music, be it because of his horrendous lack of writing skills or because he just comes across as a bit of a dick.
Caitlin Robertson
Kind of simplistic, but it taught me more about his personality. Also, the pictures were spectacular! :)
Zoe
An easy read book, we all need one of those on the go! The book made me love Mr Buble even more x
Angela
Meh....He's a better singer than writer.
Lucinda
Onstage Offstage is a book that many Michael Bublé fans, music artists and singers will treasure.

Michael Bublé is a familiar sight onstage performing to thousands of fans in an arena or on tour, and as a consequence it is wonderful to now have a book that features the singer backstage going behind the scenes. This book complete with interesting narrative and stunning photographs will be for many a delight to behold, as it explores all angles of the very successful career of a much adored singer...more
Amanda Hendsbee
I've been a fan of Michael Buble for years but have never really had a chance to learn much about him, so this was a really interesting read for me. The book is a quick read, and very well-written. I've always been intrigued by the behind the scenes aspect of the music industry and there's a great deal of that here. The photos are a nice bonus as well. This book was a great find!
Louise
Not a bad read, some elements seemed a bit uneccessarily drawn out and pointless but some aspects I particularly enjoyed. Would have liked to have read more about Michael's life before fame and experiences shared with his family. He seemed to begin talking about this side of his life but abandoned it too soon for my my liking so wasn't really the true autobiographical account that I enjoy reading but was nonetheless a pleasant insight into the man and musician I admire! Oh yes - and lots of glos...more
Elle
This was a nice peek into the life of Michael Bublé. Not an in-depth look, but a peek at where he came from to where he is now.

I like his singing, I love when he is a co-host on Live! With Kelly, and especially enjoy when he is on Saturday Night Live. I'm looking forward to the possibility of him branching out into acting or comedy. And of course more music.

Most of this book is of photos of him (only about 75 pages of actual reading), but it was still interesting to me.
GreenGablesFan
I really enjoyed this book because readers discover a very different side to Michael. As one of his biggest fans, I knew how aloof he was always been, but loved finding out about his introspective side was interesting. I completely agree that writing a diary helps you make sense of life.

And who knew that his personal assistant was Australian? I wish he had asked me first to tour with him ;).
Amy
I am a fan. I love the photographs & the writing definitely sounds like MB to me. I have seen him in concert twice & he is funny and seems genuine. The book held true to what I picture him to be like. I may be biased in giving this book 5 stars, but it is a keeper!
Audrey
Being a Michael Buble fan, I enjoyed reading this book and getting to know the insights of how he started of as a small-town singer to being the star that he is today. Loved the photographs as well.
Charlotte
A very insightful book into the life of Mr Buble. I really enjoyed reading this book. The pictures were also of extremely great quality and added vibrance to the book.
Fran
Dec 19, 2011 Fran rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Buble
I'm a huge Buble fan, so I know I'm biased, but I really enjoyed reading his story in his words and getting this peek into his life.
Emily
Not great writing, but very interesting, with lots of photographs in the back.
Karyn Lewis
More reasons to love Michael Buble! He's just cool! And so adorable.
Eileen
Felt like he was sitting by my side talking to me Such an easy read.
Carol
Loved it! An inside look at Michael's life.
Heather Johnston
Heather Johnston marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kchye Ong
Kchye Ong marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Mindy Crump
Mindy Crump marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Rayanne C
Rayanne C marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Call Me Irresponsible (Vocal/Piano) Michael Buble - Crazy Love Michael Buble - It's Time Michael Buble - Christmas: Pro Vocal Men's Edition Volume 62 Book with Two CDs (Hal Leonard Pro Vocal (Numbered)) Michael Buble: To Be Loved