Start by marking “Frisky Brisky Hippity Hop” as Want to Read:
Frisky Brisky Hippity Hop

Frisky Brisky Hippity Hop

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  36 reviews
With their hurrying and scurrying, digging, climbing, and leaping, squirrels fascinate young children. Here photographs capture squirrels working, playing, hiding, and even teasing a hawk.
Published February 1st 2012 by Holiday House

To ask other readers questions about Frisky Brisky Hippity Hop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frisky Brisky Hippity Hop

Donalyn
Based on an 1871 poem, this book celebrates squirrels and their active lives. Fantastic photographs.
Barbara
Based on a poem written in 1871 with new lines added, this book celebrates squirrels who almost always seem to be on the move. The poem's lines and the accompanying photographs follow squirrels up and down trees, describing their characteristics and activities: their tails,"broad as a sail" (unpaginated); movement "giggly wriggly" (unpaginated); and the sounds they make as they prepare a peanut for dining "snappity crackity" (unpaginated). Young readers will enjoy the fun of watching first one s ...more
Maggie KutsBorg
I loved using real photographs for my squirrel themed storytime. That said, this book didn't keep my toddlers' attention very well - I should have worked them out on wiggle songs a little harder first!
Marathon County Public Library MCPL
Poetry combined with photography leads to a delightful autumn book for not only children but anyone who enjoys the season. Not many words combined with awesome photography lure you to get outdoors to enjoy the season.

Pam S. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.
Sandy Brehl
I'll admit my first impulse was to give this three stars, since it is a very competent rhyming text with appealing squirrel photos. But I'll also admit I am a total fan of squirrels, and so reread it several times. That's when I realized it has significant potential for younger readers for language development, world patterns, rhyming words, and vocabulary development. If you read it, take time to read it twice.
Christiane
I can't wait to use this for a squirrel story time! Utterly adorable photos of squirrels doing adorable squirrel things like scampering, digging, peeking out of tree holes, and sitting upright with their cute little paws on their bellies. I think kids will really enjoy this, especially since we have so many squirrels around here.
Angela
What makes this expanded poem most interesting is the up-close and personal photographs of squirrels. Recommended companion to THOSE DARN SQUIRRELS--a fun, illustrated picture book tale of an older man and his battles with the squirrels in his life.
Linda Atkinson
If you aren't a fan of those "rats with tails," you have to be amazed at their antics. Murray Head has done a fantastic job of capturing these creatures in photographs to accompany an 1871 poem by Alexina B. White with new verses by Susan Lurie.
Melissa
A cute rhyme and clear, up-close photographs. The poem this book is based on is carefully cited, but since it was adapted and expanded by the author, it would have been nice to reprint the original poem in the back.
David
Another photography book. I'm not big on poetry in stories, but this one was fun with a decent rhythm and not too long. It provides a child with a pictorial view of an animal in its natural habitat.
Vicki
The awesome, clear, sharp photographs help the readers and listeners to see a squirrel in action in the real world. Leaping and soaring, great vocabulary (just look at the title!)for all.
Jennifer Kaap
Very cute and simple squirrel picture book with real (very cute) photographs... I could use this both for toddler and preschool storytimes. Catchy verse.
Rosalie
Real live illustration go along with the poetic story of a playful squirrel. Read to a classroom of children in the fall! Your children will love it!
Kate Hastings
Preschool- Grade 1. Great real pictures of squirrels. Not much of a story-- but might be fun to share the "real" thing before a story.
Michelle
Great pictures of real squirrels, but it is a little on the longer side so it may not work as well in a toddler storytime.
Edward Sullivan
Wonderful photographs of adorable bushy-tailed rodents illustrate this fun 1871 poem. expanded with new verses.
Kris
The photos of the squirrels are what sets this picture book apart. Would be fun to pair with Scaredy Squirrel.
Shelli
Adorable! I love when picture books have real pictures of critters just being their normal sweet selves.
Leah
Beautiful photographs of gray squirrels and a simple poem that introduces their activities to young children.
Maria
Four stars just for the photos. I think this could be a fun addition to a squirrel story time.
Mary
This is a *rhyming* *photograph* book about *squirrels*.
My life may be complete. /love
Way cute pictures of squirrels and a snappy poem make this a sure-fire storytime hit.
Patty
Great photographs for the preschool set exploring poetry, fall and squirrels.
Nicole
Loved the pictures in this book - all snapshots of real squirrels in action...
Allison
I loved this book! I like the fact that it has real photographs!
Nadia
Cute pictures, meh poetry. Inara likes flipping through it.
Maria
Simple words and photographs... this will be great for Storytime.
Annelise
Photos by the guy who sang "One Night in Bangkok"
Review for school library. Great book for young students.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Swim, Duck, Swim! Ghostwriter Detective Guide : Tools and Tricks of the Trade (Ghostwriter Ser.) RALLY! A Year's Supply of Fun! (Ghostwriter Series) World of Knowledge Unsettled Subjects: Restoring Feminist Politics to Poststructuralist Critique