Start by marking “Half-Wits” as Want to Read:
Half-Wits

Gerard E. Goggins

Half-Wits

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  2 reviews
He is faced with a chilling memory and a painful past.He is in the cauldron and he doesn't know if God cares.

And then, just as love comes into his life and the world seems to get brighter, he is faced with a monstrous, crushing evil.

A powerful novel about light and darkness, love and hate, the problem of evil, and the transcendence of God's love. It is not for the feint of
Paperback
Published by Ambassador Books (first published September 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Half-Wits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Half-Wits

While this book was definitely disturbing, it was at the same time very captivating. The characters were well developed and most of my predictions of what would happen next were wrong. The main character is also investigating faith a bit, and working through some common struggles attached with that. Overall I am glad to have read it and would pass it on to those that I knew could handle a bit of disturbance.
Joanie
I read this in a moral theology course in college and I really liked it. I think part of the attraction was that we were actually reading a novel instead of the theology writings of C.S. Lewis or something equally painful. The book is a little heavy handed with the good and evil message but I remember really liking it.
Vicki
Vicki added it
Mar 29, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
May 01, 2010
The Anonymous Disciple What's Behind the Collar?: Priests Talk about Priests Poetry Of The Spirit