Doctor Who: The Girl Who Never Was (Big Finish Audio Drama, #103)

Doctor Who: The Girl Who Never Was (Big Finish Doctor Who Audio Dramas #103)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  8 reviews
'Dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot. Someone's listening. Somewhere.'

A ghost ship. A girl with no memory, adrift in time. An old enemy. This could be Charlotte Pollard's finest hour - or her last.

Set course for Singapore, 1931. Journey's end.
Audio CD
Published December 2007 by Big Finish

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

Drew
So here we are at the final Eight/Charley story, and it's bittersweet, because after finally getting shut of C'rizz (Absolution) it feels as if the Eight/Charley combination is back in fine form.

The Divergent Universe arc (Scherzo through The Next Life) was a slog. Charley was short-tempered and irritable, and Paul McGann's Doctor sounded like he was just going through the motions. Add newcomer C'rizz to the mix, and everyone just seemed unhappy and bored. Furthermore, C'rizz, the killer with t...more
Mel
This was a very good ending to Charley and the Doctor's travelling together. It was a fun adventure with all sorts of twists and turns. There was mistaken identity and then cybermen and lots of time travel. It was also fantastic that the cybermen voices were the singing cybermen voices of tenth planet. That was just lovely. A good adventure though I am also sad that the adventures of Charley and this Doctor are coming to an end.
Audrey
Gave it four stars because I think Charley and Eight, despite some tension in the beginning, were back in fine form for this, their last adventure together. I enjoyed their banter and teamwork, and the ending was appropriately timey-wimey and bittersweet. Onwards and upwards! Starting in on the Charley and Six run tonight or tomorrow.
Nicholas Whyte
Alan Barnes is always a writer who makes me sit up, so I was looking forward to The Girl Who Never Was. However I was a little disappointed. The elements are great - Anna Massey claiming to be an elderly Charley, Cybermen on an abandoned ship near Singapore, timewarping and decay - but it doesn't quite gel as well as Barnes at his best.
Steven
After the loss of C'rizz, Charley demands to be taken home. Instead, she and the Doctor end up split between 1942 and 2008, on board a mysterious lost battleship near Singapore.
Mary Smithz
Absolutely beautiful end for the Eighth-Charley arc.
Charlotte
A bit of a disappointing send-off for Charley - and I just find it really hard to listen to the Cybermen's voices.
Janina
Dec 21, 2013 Janina added it
I cry
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
John Lynch
John Lynch marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Wart Hill
Wart Hill marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Lexie
Lexie added it
Jun 09, 2014
Rebecca Kent
Rebecca Kent marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alan Barnes is a British writer and editor, particularly noted for work in the field of cult film and television. Barnes served as the editor of Judge Dredd Megazine from 2001 until December 2005, during which time the title saw a considerable increase in the number of new strip pages. Among other strips, Barnes originally commissioned The Simping Detective. He also wrote a handful of Judge Dredd...more
More about Alan Barnes...
Doctor Who: Storm Warning (Big Finish Audio Drama, #16) Doctor Who: Zagreus (Big Finish Audio Drama, #50) Doctor Who: Neverland (Big Finish Audio Drama, #33) Doctor Who: The Next Life (Big Finish Audio Drama, #64) Doctor Who: Orbis (The New Eighth Doctor Adventures)