Start by marking “Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off” as Want to Read:
Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off

Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off

Simple, powerful marketing strategies every business can afford to implement There's never been a better time to be a marketer or entrepreneur than right now. Thanks to the Internet, a new world of free and inexpensive tactics can help get the word out to the prospects of any business with a limited marketing budget. Free Marketing delivers more than 100 ideas to help any ...more
Published August 31st 2011 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Free Marketing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free Marketing

Alyssa
Jun 03, 2016 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learned tons of tips, with my favorites below:
1) Google's Free Keyword Tool
-adwords.google.com/select/keywordtool...
a. helps you find the most used keywords for your subject, ex. blogs
2) Get Found on Search Engines
-collab with people who have pages that are older with the highest views, to boost views to your website
-send testimonials to everything you do, and sign it with your name, picture, and website
3) Have a Press Kit Ready on Demand (some media outlets need it)
-A basic bio about key pl
Sergei_kalinin
May 19, 2014 Sergei_kalinin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
В целом очень толковая обзорная книга про интернет-маркетинг. Именно обзорная, т.к. довольно поверхностно рассматриваются все возможные способы продвижения в интернете (рассылки, сайт, блог, контент-маркетинг, SEO, SMM и т.д. и т.п.).

Возможно, для интернет-маркетолога в крупной компании не самая лучшая книга; но вот для малого бизнеса и для начинающих индивидуалов-инфобизнесменов - самое то! ;) Причём книга не только для полных "чайников"; в ней есть не только понятно изложенные "азы", но и зна
Gabriela
Nov 13, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Free Marketing, Jim Cockrum has developed over 101 ideas that can help marketers and small business entrepreneurs to boost their revenue with only a small marketing budget. He offers insights that are applicable both online and for offline businesses. He shows you how to encourage your best customers to spread the word thereby marketing your product to others, how you can collaborate with your competition to market a new product and other creative ways of spreading the word with the no budget ...more
Abby Campbell
Feb 08, 2013 Abby Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any small business that needs help marketing
Recommended to Abby by: Amazon search
Jim Cockrum provides a great amount of free marketing tips in this book. As a new author, I have learned that marketing is half my job. Also as a new author, my budget is very limited to begin. Therefore, this book came about at the right time for me. I have only begun using some of Cockrum's initial tips and have seen growth in my business. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an online business.
R. Hill
Nov 01, 2015 R. Hill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A+ - Cockrum is a pure marketing genius. Many of his ideas from this book are very applicable both on and off line. He also gives great examples of real life people making money online and not just by teaching how to make money on line but by doing whatever they are passionate about. I listened to it on audio but went right out and bought the hardback for reference.
Ann Addley
Oct 16, 2014 Ann Addley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I loved this book. Maybe it was just that I identified with the entrepreneurial tone of the narrative that ties the book together, but I found this book very helpful. It has a clear format broken into bite sized chunks and many marketing tips presented in easy to action steeps. I will be following several suggestion's from this book.
Daniele
May 26, 2012 Daniele rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: online
Great book, so many tips and info all together!!

I wasn't reading Jim's blog before, so for me all the information were absolutely new and fresh.

Recommended for everyone that wants to get up to speed to the latest online marketing trends from a REAL guru.

Stephen Smotherman
I thought I might resell this book once I read it, but instead, this book is a keeper that I know I'll return to over and over. It's an amazing resource that is full of great ideas that have sparked even more ideas. Best book for marketing in 2014!
Scott Wozniak
Apr 10, 2015 Scott Wozniak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is written by a real practitioner, someone who actually did it. It offers lots and lots of ideas. If you're interested in learning how to do more marketing online this is a very helpful read.
Patti Ryan
Apr 11, 2012 Patti Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jam packed with ideas for marketing your business. Hope it comes out in paperback so I can afford to buy my own copy. Took loads of notes.
Heather Katsonga-Woodward
One of the best marketers online. This book is pragmatic and by joining Jim's mailing list I've learnt quite a few things that aren't in the book.
Brian
May 16, 2013 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
This started off as a useful marketing book, and then devolved into another "I got rich by teaching other people how to get rich" book. It was okay.
Brian Basilico
Jul 03, 2013 Brian Basilico rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stuff. It covers a lot of topics in a pretty clear fashion! May be a bit much and overwhelming for beginners!
Jenny
Nov 08, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to get through...offered things that I had read in other books. I appreciate the depth so there was plenty I could pick and use from that applied to my business.
Susan
Oct 08, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good tips. Almost too much to process on audiobook without taking notes.
Matic Franko
Matic Franko rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Jim Cockrum
Jim Cockrum rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Andy
Jun 25, 2015 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Useful tips.
sirinsy guadarrama
sirinsy guadarrama rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Michelle (milly)
Michelle (milly) rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Krystle
Krystle rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Hemant Nadakuditi
Hemant Nadakuditi rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Scott Peters
Scott Peters rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2014
Viet Hung Nguyen
Viet Hung Nguyen rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Mary Joy
Mary Joy rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Paula Barnard
Paula Barnard rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Experiential Marketing: How to Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act, Relate
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • Baked In: Creating Products and Businesses That Market Themselves
  • Personality Not Included: Why Companies Lose Their Authenticity and How Great Brands Get It Back
  • Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition Into the Dirt
  • What Clients Love: A Field Guide to Growing Your Business
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • The Business Writer's Handbook
  • Rules For Revolutionaries: The Capitalist Manifesto for Creating and Marketing New Products and Services
  • Crunch Point: The 21 Secrets to Succeeding When It Matters Most
  • The New How: Creating Business Solutions Through Collaborative Strategy
  • Financial Statements: A Step-by-step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports
  • The Business of Software: What Every Manager, Programmer, and Entrepreneur Must Know to Thrive and Survive in Good Times and Bad
  • Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand