The Drops of God 4 (The Drops of God, #7-8)

The Drops of God 4 (The Drops of God #4)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The Second Apostle
Wine novice Shizuku Kanzaki has defeated his rival, up-and-coming wine critic, Issei Tomine in their first of twelve wine hunting trials to find the Drops of God. By the slightest of margins, he was able to distinguish a variance in vintage to capture the First Apostle - 2001 Georges Roumier "Chambolle Musigny 1er Cru Les Amoureuses." Now with his home s...more
Paperback, Collected English Edition, 400 pages
Published June 12th 2012 by Vertical (first published November 22nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Drops of God 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Drops of God 4

Mike
Aug 28, 2012 Mike rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
The Drops of God Volume 4 continues directly from Volume 3. The plot and knowledge of wine on which it is based builds carefully and the series really should be read in order from the beginning, but there are somewhat self contained stories in this volume and it probably could be read on it's own.

**Note: This review contains no spoilers for Volume 4 but will have somewhat major spoilers for earlier volumes. **

Shizuku Kanzaki has done well in his first test as a student of wine and emerged victor...more
alana
Wow, I really disliked this edition of The Drops of God. Whereas the drama of the first issues truly centered on wine, this volume suddenly threw in great amounts of manga angst -- death threats, unwanted pregnancies, sex in the desert, junior high bullying. Ouf! While there was still a slight emphasis on finding reasonably priced wines that mirror or rival Grand Cru wines, the overall storyline was scattered and drama ridden.
Stewart Tame
And the second apostle is found. Things are moving along at a nice pace. Side stories are popping up at every turn, but it never feels padded. In most hands, the wine-centric nature of all the stories would become tiresome rather quickly, but Agi and Okimoto do a tremendous job of keeping things fresh and interesting. Not thrilled to see that the English translation of the story is going to appear out of sequence, but since it's at the author's request, I'll just have to grin and bear it.
Rachel C.
The wine hijinks continue. Tomine gets it in his head that the way to find the Second Apostle is to (view spoiler). The melodrama in this series is hilariously awesome.
Kristen Williams
I really loved books 1, 2 and 3. Book 4 reminded me that this is really a soap opera created by people who love wines from France, primarily Bordeaux and Burgundy. The world of wine is huge - more wines please.
Mandi
The story seemed to slow down a bit in this one. Maybe it's just because I took so long to read it... Or maybe I took so long to read it because the story was slow?
Ravenhats
The quest for finding the next apostle continues, along with some interesting side stories. If you love wine or learning about wine this is the manga for you.
Mark Taylor
Fun fun fun. Why can't I get these in japanese? I'd rather struggle though the translation than wait for the English publications.
Barbara
I enjoyed this one the best of all so far. Extremely disappointed they are jumping ahead in the series.
Curtis
Great series, they are skipping to a later story arc from the english release later this year though :(
Brandelion
This series seems to get better and better with each issue.
Elsa
I want some of this wine!
Nicola Godman
Nicola Godman marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Amani Aziz
Amani Aziz marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Les Knight
Les Knight marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Corey Prinz
Corey Prinz marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tadashi Agi, 亜樹直, is the penname of Yuko and Shin Kibayashi, a sister and brother team of Japanese manga storywriters. Shin Kibayashi also uses the pseudonyms Seimaru Amagi and Yuya Aoki.
More about Tadashi Agi...
The Drops of God 1 (The Drops of God, #1-2) The Drops of God 2 (The Drops of God, #3-4) The Drops of God 3 (The Drops of God, #5-6) Les Gouttes de Dieu 1 The Drops of God: New World (The Drops of God #23-24)