Start by marking “To Live Again (Dawn Rochelle, #5)” as Want to Read:
To Live Again (Dawn Rochelle, #5)

To Live Again (Dawn Rochelle #5)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,394 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Dawn Rochelle looks like any other 17year-old girt, but looks can be deceiving. At the age of 13, Dawn was diagnosed with leukemia. Now almost five years into remission, Dawn's a senior in high school and looking forward to going to college. But her plans are disrupted when she suffers another medical crisis that causes partial paralysis. The doctors are optimistic about h ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 160 pages
Published April 10th 2001 by Laurel-Leaf (first published April 2001)

To ask other readers questions about To Live Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Live Again

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live for by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDanielAngels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
11th out of 62 books — 82 voters
Forbidden by Tabitha SuzumaThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBefore I Fall by Lauren OliverIf I Stay by Gayle Forman
Sad YA Books
39th out of 73 books — 104 voters

More lists with this book...

Amanda
This was a good close to the series. I’m happy she wrote one more. I liked this series, but none of the books were 5 star books. The books are worth the read but they are sad and I know Dawn was going through a lot but she was really annoying. I recommend these books to everyone.
Jess
1 star/5 stars

I have to go with Grace's split rating system here, because let's be honest: objectively, this is a TERRIBLE book. But goddamn if it didn't hit the emotionally manipulative notes that speak to my childhood. I approve.
Carina
Oct 15, 2008 Carina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a book you cannot put down
Recommended to Carina by: I like her books and I always read them
These books are so awsome! Everybody should pick these books up in the book store and read them and I promise you won't regret it.
Clare
A heart-warming ending to a great story. I recommend all the Dawn Rochelle Novels, they are all beautiful tear-jerkers.
Grace
THAT WAS EVERY BIT AS CHEESY/DRAMATIC/TERRIBLE AS I WAS HOPING.

My 13 year old self is pleased.
Natalie
Having not read the other books and just picking it up as something light and meaningless to read at school it was fine, I don't recommend it as a serious read. It is obviously meant for younger readers and might be more interesting for them. The complete story line that is implied in the beginning seems like it could be very inspirational.
Terrina
I gave this book four stars because at the beggining it was a little confusing but as you read it would slowly make sense. What I did like was that Dawn's best friend was there no matter what. That her friend was constantly asking if she was ok and if she had any troubles. I felt bad for Dawn because her disease that she had was deadly and could kill her if it wasnt cured right. I also didnt like how at prom her date,Jake, left to go check on someone in the hospital that didnt really needed to b ...more
Miranda
Great close to a great series!
Molly
Dawn Rochelle has survived Leukemia and is living like a normal teenager trying to finish high school and plan for college. When she suffers a stroke possibly due to chemo treatments and ends up with partial paralysis, she is not sure how much more she can take.

In many ways, this felt like an unnecessary and over-dramatic end to the series. It almost seems like an after thought. However, it does promote perseverance through hardship and that is a good message.
Ellen Cohen
I thought this book was truly awesome. If you read the other four Dawn Rochelle books you have got to get this one. It was great how Dawn lived her life to max with hope in the other books, but will she have the strenghth to get past the stuggles that lie ahead in this book, you'll just have to read this book and find out. I found this book heart breaking and hopeful. I hope you think it is the wonderful book I thought it was.
Suzanne
I used to love Lurlene McDaniel's books when I was younger. I never read this one, probably because it came out when I was too old for these books. Which is funny, as my sister pointed out, because I am now much older and reading it. haha. It was a nice way to wrap up the series, and I'm glad I got to see how it all ended. I was particularly interested in reading the book now because I am studying speech language pathology.
Lisa Craig
I grew up reading the Dawn Rochelle series. As much as I am not fond of Christianity and the theme of Christianity in books, I was able to enjoy the whole series.

I read this book in particular over and over mostly because of its realistic point of view. I enjoy books that teach people that just because one's suffering is over, it doesn't mean that we will never experience sufferings of any kind in the future.
Heidi
Here's what Cassady G. had to say about this book:
Overview: Big brother and little sister are a happy family.
This book ROCKS because: To Live Again is about a little sister and a big brother. They have a happy relationship. The reason they have a happy relationship is because the little girl almost died. The brother helped her get better with parts of his own body.
Coryn N

I didn’t really like this book as much as the other ones. I gave it 3 stars. It wasn’t very exciting, but it was still ok. Dawn tries to live a normal life even though she is a leukemia survivor. Her idea of a life was different from the one she had to live. Her life was harder then most teenagers her age. She made it through though, and with a smile on her face.
Abby O
I gave the book To Live Again 5 stars, because it is a really sad book but it was also good I liked the beginning of the book because it shows her being a normal girl again and how she can live and go to school being a normal kid. She just got rid of her leukemia and she can live a normal life once again. That is why I like this book.
Angela
Clean, cute book about a girl that recovers from a stroke. My 13-year-old daughter wanted me to read it. Lots of info about stroke victims, rehabilitation, and social support for those suffering from accidents, chronic illness, strokes, etc. Includes a sweet, light romance that would be appropriate for preteens even.
Dorel
This 5th book was a awesome story to read. I love how Ms. McDaniel's introduces you to another illness. This series was a great series for me to read because it helped me learn & gave me good insight about cancer. Dawn can also be inspiring to anyone who reads this series. So sad that this is the last book & I am glad I own it.
Erin
I remember starting this series back in elementary school, and loving them all. When I heard there was a fifth and final book to the series I had to read it of course! It was a decent end to the series, not nearly as memorable as all the others, but perhaps that has come with age and growth of my own.
Books Kids Like
Dawn Rochelle has had some serious medical problems in her life. Somehow, McDaniel makes her story interesting rather than maudlin or melodramatic. I thought the book was a good end to the series.
Mary Bronson
This was a really great book. I really enjoyed reading it. Dawn is still a great character and her struggle with life is cont Dawn is still getting strong.
Jessica
This was a great book to end the Dawn Rochelle series! I loved the entire series and this book put everything together to make a fantastic ending!
Madeline
This book was so sad just cause in the other series she got rid of her cancer then it came back you feel so extremly sorry for her.
Caroline
Dawn suffers a stroke from complications due to the Cancer medication she's been taking all her life. Will she ever recover?
Ada
I read this book years after I read the others. Much like her other works, I cried like a baby and smiled like a fool.
Katla Figgatt
I think that this book was the best in the Dawn rachelle Novels. It was the most inspiring :)
Jessie
Nov 12, 2012 Jessie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: usa
I loved the first 4 Dawn Rochelle books. This 5th one was good but it wasn't as good as the others.
Melissa
Another Dawn Rochelle novel gives me inspiration on how to persevere through life.
Discoverylover
This is the one that stuck with me most from the first time I read this series.
Erica Fortson
Can't help but read about dawn :) great books about her she's been try a lot
Thinking 1 7 Feb 13, 2010 02:01PM
  • Kiss and Tell (Love Stories For Young Adults, #29)
  • Some Girls Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #11)
  • Whispers from the Dead
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Hindenburg,1937
  • Maggie: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #13)
  • The Glass House People
  • My Anastasia (Beneath the Crown, #3)
  • Magician of Hoad
  • Memories of Summer
  • My Girl
  • I Do (Love Stories For Young Adults, #35)
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • When She Was Good
  • I Am Fifteen--and I Don't Want To Die
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye