Start by marking “This Old House Salvage-Style Projects: 22 Ideas for Turning Old House Parts Into New Treasures for Your Home” as Want to Read:

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Salvage-Style Projects is the definitive inspirational resource and how-to guide for turning cast-off architectural details into high-style, low-cost home furnishings. This 144-page book includes 22 creative reuse projects for everything from vintage porcelain faucet taps to paneled wood doors. All that's required of the reader is a sense of adventure, an eye for bargains, ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Oxmoor House

To ask other readers questions about This Old House Salvage-Style Projects, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Old House Salvage-Style Projects

1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse by Garth Johnson1000 Jewelry Inspirations (mini) by Sandra SalamonyFa la la la Felt by Amanda CarestioLearning to Weave by Deborah ChandlerColor Works by Deb Menz
CREATE!
21st out of 128 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily
Jan 22, 2012 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: home-garden
Let me start by saying that I don't watch "This Old House." I picked up this book for the turning older objects into cool household items. There are some beautiful projects in this book, but most require harder to find items or pricey items or both, and I was hoping for more common finds. And things I could do fairly inexpensively. Not really what is here, but I did enjoy browsing.

Eric
Jan 19, 2013 Eric rated it it was ok
Blew through this one in about an hour last night. I only really liked three of projects of the 22, the corbel bedside table, stained glass window wall cabinet, and the wood window picture frame. Nice pictures throughout and instructions were included. Produced through This Old House, and felt a bit commercialized but really not a bad book.
Sara
May 25, 2015 Sara rated it liked it
Eh, you can find all these online (probably at This Old House's website, for that matter!).

One thing I did like, though -- and that I've never seen done before -- were the insets for each project, which described the history and usage of each architectural salvage piece that was being used for the project.
Teresa
Apr 15, 2014 Teresa rated it liked it
3.5
Jada Roche
Jan 20, 2014 Jada Roche rated it really liked it
Cute ideas....which would be soooo much cuter if I stood a chance in hell at "salvaging" most of the stuff in this book. It did give me some ideas though, and the instructions are easy to follow.
josh
A nice, quick read full of good ideas and some useful techniques that can be applied to a number of projects. Particularly useful is the how-to for French cleats, the message center and outdoor bar projects.

The online step by steps add another helpful dimension to this project / idea guide.
Wendy
Sep 01, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
I would recommend that you take a look at this book, it gives you all kinds of good ideas then it tells you how to make them.
Tia Coleman
Tia Coleman marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Brendan
Brendan marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Carrie Niemi
Carrie Niemi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Denise de Forest
Denise de Forest marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Dion
Dion rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
Kristen DiNobile
Kristen DiNobile marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
weston hemenway
weston hemenway rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Lori Fulton
Lori Fulton rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2015
John Aceto
John Aceto marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Drew James
Drew James marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Christin Monaghan
Christin Monaghan rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Nicoal
Nicoal marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Kevin Koppelmann
Kevin Koppelmann marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Debbie Beene
Debbie Beene marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Alexis Gentry-tate
Alexis Gentry-tate rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
John Kieltyka
John Kieltyka rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Michelle Mizzell
Michelle Mizzell marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Laurin
Laurin rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Thekookykrafter
Thekookykrafter rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Lin
Lin rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2015