Start by marking “This Old House Salvage-Style Projects: 22 Ideas for Turning Old House Parts Into New Treasures for Your Home” as Want to Read:

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Salvage-Style Projects is the definitive inspirational resource and how-to guide for turning cast-off architectural details into high-style, low-cost home furnishings. This 144-page book includes 22 creative reuse projects for everything from vintage porcelain faucet taps to paneled wood doors. All that's required of the reader is a sense of adventure, an eye for bargains, ...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Oxmoor House

To ask other readers questions about This Old House Salvage-Style Projects, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Old House Salvage-Style Projects

1000 Ideas for Creative Reuse by Garth JohnsonFa la la la Felt by Amanda CarestioThe Pulse of Mixed Media by Seth Apter1000 Jewelry Inspirations (mini) by Sandra SalamonyTranslating Books at Home by Melchiore V. Buscemi
17th out of 127 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Let me start by saying that I don't watch "This Old House." I picked up this book for the turning older objects into cool household items. There are some beautiful projects in this book, but most require harder to find items or pricey items or both, and I was hoping for more common finds. And things I could do fairly inexpensively. Not really what is here, but I did enjoy browsing.

Blew through this one in about an hour last night. I only really liked three of projects of the 22, the corbel bedside table, stained glass window wall cabinet, and the wood window picture frame. Nice pictures throughout and instructions were included. Produced through This Old House, and felt a bit commercialized but really not a bad book.
Eh, you can find all these online (probably at This Old House's website, for that matter!).

One thing I did like, though -- and that I've never seen done before -- were the insets for each project, which described the history and usage of each architectural salvage piece that was being used for the project.
Jada Roche
Cute ideas....which would be soooo much cuter if I stood a chance in hell at "salvaging" most of the stuff in this book. It did give me some ideas though, and the instructions are easy to follow.
A nice, quick read full of good ideas and some useful techniques that can be applied to a number of projects. Particularly useful is the how-to for French cleats, the message center and outdoor bar projects.

The online step by steps add another helpful dimension to this project / idea guide.
I would recommend that you take a look at this book, it gives you all kinds of good ideas then it tells you how to make them.
John marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Drew James
Drew James marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Nicoal marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jodi Pirkovic
Jodi Pirkovic marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Kevin Koppelmann
Kevin Koppelmann marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Debbie Beene
Debbie Beene marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Michelle Mizzell
Michelle Mizzell marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Janet Morris
Janet Morris marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Ami marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Mike Smyth
Mike Smyth marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
This Old House Easy Upgrades: Kitchens: Smart Design, Trusted Advice This Old House Easy Upgrades: Built-Ins, Shelves & Storage: Smart Design, Trusted Advice This Old House Easy Upgrades: Bathrooms: Smart Makeovers, Trusted Advice Complete Landscaping (This Old House Complete) Complete Remodeling (This Old House)