This Old House Salvage-Style Projects: 22 Ideas for Turning Old House Parts Into New Treasures for Your Home

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Salvage-Style Projects is the definitive inspirational resource and how-to guide for turning cast-off architectural details into high-style, low-cost home furnishings. This 144-page book includes 22 creative reuse projects for everything from vintage porcelain faucet taps to paneled wood doors. All that's required of the reader is a sense of adventure, an eye for bargains,...more
Published September 13th 2011 by Oxmoor House

Emily
Let me start by saying that I don't watch "This Old House." I picked up this book for the turning older objects into cool household items. There are some beautiful projects in this book, but most require harder to find items or pricey items or both, and I was hoping for more common finds. And things I could do fairly inexpensively. Not really what is here, but I did enjoy browsing.

Eric
Blew through this one in about an hour last night. I only really liked three of projects of the 22, the corbel bedside table, stained glass window wall cabinet, and the wood window picture frame. Nice pictures throughout and instructions were included. Produced through This Old House, and felt a bit commercialized but really not a bad book.
Jada Roche
Cute ideas....which would be soooo much cuter if I stood a chance in hell at "salvaging" most of the stuff in this book. It did give me some ideas though, and the instructions are easy to follow.
josh
A nice, quick read full of good ideas and some useful techniques that can be applied to a number of projects. Particularly useful is the how-to for French cleats, the message center and outdoor bar projects.

The online step by steps add another helpful dimension to this project / idea guide.
Wendy
I would recommend that you take a look at this book, it gives you all kinds of good ideas then it tells you how to make them.
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Britta Swiderski
Britta Swiderski marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Mary O'Bryant
Mary O'Bryant marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Kmarzo
Kmarzo marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Susan Molyneux
Susan Molyneux marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Kerry
Kerry added it
Aug 09, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2013
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
This Old House Easy Upgrades: Kitchens: Smart Design, Trusted Advice This Old House Easy Upgrades: Bathrooms: Smart Makeovers, Trusted Advice This Old House Easy Upgrades: Built-Ins, Shelves & Storage: Smart Design, Trusted Advice This Old House Fun Family Projects: Great Ideas that Mom, Dad, and Kids Can Build and Enjoy! Complete Landscaping (This Old House Complete)