The Angels Trilogy (Angels Trilogy, #1-3)

The Angels Trilogy (Angels Trilogy #1-3)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,225 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Published October 8th 2002 by Laurel Leaf (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Angels Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Angels Trilogy

Emily Elisabeth
Ah-Mazing. I LOVED this trilogy. I really did. I think it was phenomenal and well, just great. It was kind of sad at the very end for me, but hey, I'm emotional. It's a great book for ALL ages!!!
Rita
I did not know what to expect from this book - boy was I surprised! What a heartwarming story - it caught me right from the start and kept me riveted throughout the trilogy. It could easily have been one book, since the story is really a continuation throughout - I really do not know why the author broke it up into 3 separate parts. Anyway, any story involving the Amish always intrigues me, and this one was no exception. The relationship between the Amish and the English in general is fascinatin...more
Sami
Leah is not happy about being stuck in the hospital for the holidays while her mother is thousands of miles away on a honeymoon with husband number five. Until she meets her hospital roommate, Rebekah, and her big family. Cynical 16-year-old Leah has never known people like this before. From Rebekah’s handsome brother, Ethan, who can barely look Leah in the eye, to her kind older sister, Charity, the Amish family captivates Leah with its simple, loving ways. When Leah receives frightening inform...more
Cynthia Rodriguez
This book has a very sad but moving story. It is a book that greatly exemplifies the roles of love and faith in our lives. Like Leah, I found myself surprised by the power that faith could have in one’s life; and how the simplest things sometimes were worth the most. I found myself intrigued by the Amish culture, and their very simple but faithful way of life. The pure trust they put into God was moving. They gave him their lives wholly, living and loving for him. Like Leah, I found this hard to...more
Naomi
I am currently reading the Angels Trilogy. I am in the second book, i can honestly say that when she announced she had cancer i cried. And in the second book when... well i wont tell you cause it would ruin it! But i was devastated, this book is amazing and it helps me see that sometimes we cannot explain things scientifically and we cannot change anything if it is Gods will. SO, i suggest you go get this book NOW and START READING. Trust me you will not regret it.
p.s- Write to me if you have re...more
Brenda Munds
I borrowed this from my 14 year old niece. It is a heart wrenching story about an amish boy and an american girl and how their worlds meet.
I knew some about the amish community but after reading this I can appreciate their lifestyle more. A great read for all ages.
Must read all 3 books. Quick and easy reader.
Deborah Ideiosepius
It was ok. I suppose I expected a little more about the Amish or a little more about the supernatural aspect - the angels.

In fact, most of it was a pretty standard boy/girl teen romance. Leah, the main character is likeable and easy to read. The situation is interesting enough and the cancer scare and the Amish give it a bit of interest beyond the usual. There is the family disapproval, deep dark secret which isn't really that deep or that dark, surmountable difficulties of friends and illnesses...more
Krissy P (Kris)
Gabrielle
Angels Watching over me: Leah ends up in the hospital with a broken finger. There she meets Rebekah who has to have around the clock care and has a surprising and soothing love for bible stories. Rebekah's family is Amish. They have many different customs that Leah wants to understand and get to know. Leah is diagnosed with bone cancer. There is a girl that goes by the name of Gabriella that mysteriously only Leah and Rebekah can see. Leah is told that the leg must be amputated to save her life...more
Margaret Fraleigh
This is the first book I have read by this author. There are three stories to this series.
Angels Watching Over Me, Lifted Up by Angels and Until Angels Close My Eyes.

The stories are amazing. They tell of a English girl who meets an Amish boy. Through
laughter and saness we read how their worlds are different in many ways, but so alike in
others.

Truly an azmaxing series.
Morgan Gambino
I read the first book of this trilogy and I thought it was pretty good the author kinda tries to show you through her book that miracles can really happen! In this book they are mostly in the hospital because of Leah's finger . The narration in the story is in third person. In this story Leah is upset with her mom because she thinks that her mom doesn't need to be getting married for the fifth time! I really like this book because one, I love lurlene mcdaniels and second it teaches me that no ma...more
Jaclyn
I don't usually take books that students say I should read especially a trilogy - three books in one volume, but I couldn't say no this time...the story of a young girl falling for an Amish boy was a bit overly dramatized, but in reading this book, my student's all-time favorite, most read book, I could see my teenage self. I would have loved the drama, the suspended reality, and the supposed control that teenagers think they have over fate. It was a fast read - a good bit of fluff for a warm Sa...more
Gabi
When I first started reading this book, I almost put it down right away for its simplicity. But I decided to give it a chance, and I'm glad that I kept reading. The story itself is very touching and at times, provoked tears. It was also informative about the Amish people and their way of life, as well as the conception of angels and spirituality; however briefly. I also liked how it wasn't the typical happily-ever-after ending, but it wasn't a complete let down either. I would read another book...more
Whitney Pack
I love these books. They are so heartfelt and well be prepared to cry your eyes out. Lurlene McDaniels does an amazing job with her books. She knows how to suck readers in and keep them wanting more. I have read a ton of Lurlene McDaniel books and I fall more in love with each and every one. She is by far my favorite author. She is a very heartfelt writter and if you think these books may be to much for you to handel give them a try. I garentee you will want to read more of her books.
Arielle
Four stars does not mean, in this instance, that it's good -- more that it's good for what it is. The plotline is repetitive yet somehow less grating and trite than most. The glaring issues are easy to push aside because the characters are more unique than we tend to see in her writing. If you're a reader of the Lurlenes, you'll likely be as impressed with this offering as I was. If you're not already, this trilogy isn't strong enough to bring you into the fold.
Lauren
Nov 14, 2007 Lauren rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
I don't remember the details from this novel but, it really broke my heart to read it. All the novels of Lurlene McDaniel deal with somesort of cancer or other disease and this one is no different. I absolutely love the almost forbidden romance between a modern age girl and an Omish boy, brought together for their illnesses, well, the Omish boy's sister's illness. It really is hard to read the last book but, it really is great.
Kelly José
When I was in 5th-7th grade, I was all about the young adult romance novels haha.

Lurlene McDaniel was one of my favorites for cry-my-heart-out romance, and this trilogy was certainly no exception. It's a book with a good story that twists around the romance of Leah and Ethan. If you cry easily, these stories are sure to make you bawl (I know I did by the end of the series).
Kristyn
In this book I learned that it doesn't matter what kind of religion or background or lifestyle a person has as long as you love them and they love you back. Also that when you least expect it anything can happen and the greatest thinigs in life happen in the blink of an eye.
Any girl that dreams of romance and finding the right person in the wrong places would love this book.
Stacy
May 07, 2009 Stacy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody! :)
Recommended to Stacy by: Family Member
I am a fan of almost every book written by Lurlene McDaniel, and The Angels Trilogy are my favorites! I laughed, I cried...I cried some more, and I fell in love with the characters. These stories will break your heart but you will not be able to put them down. All of Lurlene's books are beautifully written and I'd suggest her stories to anybody who asked!
Michelle. D.
Pretty good time waster. The story kind of didn't go anywhere though. It was pretty much just a normal excitement series of events that made an okay plot.
The characters for me were kind of boring but overall, they were okay.
McDaniel has a way of writing really cliched ideas into her own which is why I like reading her work.

Three stars.
Arthur
A striking and realistic story in three books. Each book continued from the lives of Leah after her being in hospital during Christmas, Ethan the boy who appeals to Leah when they met for the first time that day while Ethan had been there to visit his sister Rebekah who had been still there but recovering from her cancer.
Karenbella
Krista
I love the first two books and the look into Amish life, but the last book left me feeling like the story wasn't resolved. I first read these books in 1999 in junior high and went a search trying to find them as an adult. That should show how the story stuck with me.
Sam
Angels trilogy was great! It's a girl fighting for her life while befriending an Amish family and finding love...what more could you want. If you're lost and need to find you're way, or you need a spiritually uplifting novel, you really need to read this.
Lauren
Mary Bronson
I loved all three of the Angels books. I loved the plot and characters of the story. I loved the relationship between Leah and Ethan. It is very true and raw. The book was touching, heartwarming, and at some parts heartbreaking. Very powerful.
Kim
I'm not a Lurlene McDaniel fan but I did really enjoy this trilogy of books as a teen. I think Ethan was one of the first characters I ever had a crush on! And I'm pretty sure this was the book that ignited my Amish fascination.
Susan
May 27, 2012 Susan marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013 - we are going through books, culling and sorting
This trilogy was on the shelf in the hall, waiting for me to read, on Tori's recommendation. For now it's going back on her shelf, with her other Lurlene McDaniel books.
Brittanyhodgson
Oct 05, 2008 Brittanyhodgson rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes romance
I love this book and I learned a lot about the amish ways from reading it. It had great values to learn about friendship and family coming first. Great to read on a rainy day mid-autumn snuggled under the covers with a cup of tea!
  • My Anastasia (Beneath the Crown, #3)
  • Love In Touch
  • Guests of War Trilogy: The Sky is Falling / Looking at the Moon / The Lights Go On Again
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul IV: Stories of Life, Love and Learning
  • Hindenburg,1937
  • The Society (Forbidden Doors, #1)
  • Summerhill Secrets, Volume 1 (Summerhill Secrets, #1-5)
  • Just Another Girl
  • Possession (Daughters of the Moon, #8)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Autumn's Promise (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #3)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • The House Next Door
  • Scribbler of Dreams
  • Sierra Jensen Collection, Vol. 2 (Sierra Jensen, #4-6)
  • No Time to Die (Dark Secrets, #3)
  • Armed and Dangerous (The IMA, #2)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye