Start by marking “Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)

Twice-Caught (Tarin's World #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Tarin's been caught, but can he be civilized?

Despite his wild ways and his keen instincts, Twice-caught Tarin is bonding with his beak-faced captain, Garrick, but not everyone wants their relationship to succeed. Learning civilized skills and living in buildings have their good points, but Tarin struggles to reconcile his yearning for freedom with his desire for Garrick an
Published September 28th 2011 by Torquere Press (first published September 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Twice-Caught, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twice-Caught

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
130th out of 503 books — 996 voters
Captive Prince by C.S. PacatDuck! by Kim DareBloodraven by P.L. NunnConcubine by Jill KnowlesCaptive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Best Gay Slaves
62nd out of 196 books — 733 voters

More lists with this book...

SheReadsALot
Aug 02, 2013 SheReadsALot rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of MM Domestic Discipline stories - it's a different twist
Holy Elf! What a great conclusion to a brilliant series. I'm sad this ended...but I am happy with the way it did. (Probably why I waited so long to finish)

Mostly...I wouldn't have minded someone constructing a mega laser beam or catapult and shooting the mother-licking holy elf out if the Mud Blood that is Jadon. He was a villain all the way. What he did was cruel, I was in agreement with Tarin's choice of punishment. But I was happy the Bad Egg got what he deserved.

LOL and I'm speaking like a W
Emma Sea
Computer ate my review :(

the tl;dr is that I waited too long to read this after reading the first one. I put it off because I was really looking forward to it. Sank my own battleship :(
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Alright, so I still don't know how to write exactly how much I loved this story without gushing and making this review forty times longer than it should be.

It was interesting seeing Tarin and Garrick adapting to their lives what with Garrick's hand and Tarin still a new boy, learning his way around the compound. Tarin was just as funny and stubborn as before. Garrick is a little more mellow but it's obvious how much Tarin and Garrick feel for each other. (view spoiler)
Eden Winters
I fell in love with Tarin and Beak-face in Out of the Woods, and fell in love all over again with Twice-Caught. Twice-caught picks up pretty much where Out of the Woods left off, with Tarin struggling with his desire to return to his former life and protect his man from Bad Egg, and finding that being civilized has its good points.

Tarin's point of view is refreshing, and the author's skill really lets us see the world through his eyes. There are a few new characters, a few new plot twists, some
Murmurella
Before I say anything else,

I love SMG's books! I adore - hear me? - adore! What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, back to originally scheduled bitching.

That's it. I did it. I started the series...

... and I finished it. I wanted answers and now I will never have them.

My suffers were for nothing. I have more questions than before and they are driving me insane. Nothing makes sense and there is no logic at all where the worldbuilding is concerned. I hate this book so muc
Lilia Ford
Everything I said in my review of book one applies here: This is just as good, just as thought-provoking, and anyway, if you've read book one, YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO READ IT!

For my crazy idea of teaching the book in a college seminar, check out my post: http://liliafordromance.blogspot.com/...

Bottom line: this was on my "Best of 2012" list, and more than a year later, the book still haunts me. Highest Recommendation.
Vivian Archer
Continuation of truth from the mouth of babes theme. Again, belaboring the point. Bad decisions allowing clearly bad characters to run wild and create conflict, but most disappointing is all the unanswered questions about the founding premise of the society and world as it stands in the story. Not really engaged enough to follow this if further books are planned.
Snowtulip
Tarin just brings sunshine and happiness to my world when I read about his adventures. This second book is not as fast paced as the first, but it still was an incredibly enjoyable read. Friendships and relationships are really highlighted in this book and I loved the simplicity that Tarin brought to the understanding of friendship. I still crack up at Tarin repeating lines from the movie Babe!
Ingrid
Sep 29, 2011 Ingrid rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
The first book left me with some questions about how this world came to be and the role the mothers played in this all. Those questions will be answered but in a roundabout way. Which was fine by me.

The story started a bit slow and it felt like not much did happen to put the story forward ( esp after the roller coaster first book). It was funny to see familiar things in a screwed up way like in divid nights.

I liked this story and how it ended but read the first book before starting on this one!

Dee Wy
In book two we have the ongoing adventures of Tarin and Darrick. Tarin must choose if he will stay with Garrick or return to the woods as he often yearns to do. Jadon is still the bad guy and stirs up lots more trouble for everyone. A number of secondary characters also play important parts in the drama and greatly enhance the story.

A great read with a nice ending, but it still leaves us with many questions about Tarin and Derrick's world. I for one am hoping that means there will be more books
Jodi
What a great sequel! I loved getting back into things with Tarin, fat man Beak-face and the rest of the gang (even Stupid Cory!). Everything went as I had hoped (or as much as I dared to hope), and I couldn't be happier with how things played out. Well, okay...I could've been a little bit happier, but who am I to complain?? *bites lip* Okay, y'all know me too well. I do have one solid complaint: I want more!! ;)
M
I've never wanted to violently drown another person before, real or imagined, as much as I did Tarin. Holy shit, is he annoying. I also felt a bit disgusted (and mind you, it takes a lot to disgust me) at the institutionalized pederasty in these books. And yet, I could not stop reading. I can't explain.
Mtsnow13
A satisfying conclusion. Answered many of the questions I had left from completing the first book. Lots of anxiety, and really loved to hate Jadon! Had heart rate up and down and all over the place, but only seemed like an HFN. Great worldbuilding, and fun take on DD.
MsMiz (Tina)
Still so many unanswered questions.....wonder if we are meant to know or are we just like the men in the community?
Jane
May 07, 2012 Jane rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
I didn't enjoy this as much as the first book. Parts of it were disturbing to the point where I was in two minds whether to finish. (view spoiler) ...more
❂ Endless
3.5

Tarin's spirit is awesome! :D

The book actually felt like mmm... like i was a horse whose vision had been narrowed by "blinders" by restricted information about the world and why there are "men" in the Before Times buildings and "boys" in the wild that must be caught. Instead of building my expectation of finding out more information later in the book(s) about it, it felt constraining and irksome. Plus, the morose bits (view spoiler)
Julesmarie
Hmm. Having this split into two books for no apparent reason other than getting to charge people more makes it very difficult to not reflect that in my rating. I'm doing my best to resist and just rate the book.

It was fun to get to see more of Tarin and Garrick's life together. So many of the questions I had weren't answered. The reason for the "colony" or for the other colonies was never given. Why the "mothers" have their society set up they way they do was never addressed. What actually happe
Lauraadriana
3.75...This time around we catch up with Tarin's world, not too long after we left them in Out of the Woods.

He is a liiiiiitle more civilized, and a WHOLE lot more in love with his Beak Faced man. He is still cheeky and bratty, and raising hell all over the Community.

This book has a different pace than the first one. It is a much slower moving read. The author certainly threw in a lot into this plot. There were SO MANY unanswered questions in the last book, and the dynamics in this world was ce
Tere
It's hard to explain why this story it's soooo good wihtout giving away some important bits and spoilers. I deeply enjoy dystopias and post-apocalyptic settings so I was really thrilled with Out of the Woods's summary. This second book is as good as the first one, hands down.

The community were they live it's hard to swallow, the inequity and unfairness with which the boys are sometimes treated (especially for some men in the camp)it's rather discouraging, but Tarin's smarts and quirks really ma
Yblees
I've already mentioned how much and why I love this story in my review for volume 1. Just found out the author was working on volume 3 as of mid 2012 - fingers crossed it comes out soon.
I also found a list of character ages on the author's "Tarin's World" webpage, and reconstructed a timeline for the Men's colony with VERY interesting implications. All spoilers, so be warned...
(view spoiler)
Timeforme
This review is for both Out of the Woods and Tarin's World as I read them back to back and they really did flow as if they were one book. So some of my spoiler comments relate to one book and some to another.

While several other reviewers commented on the humor in these books, I really didn't see much (other than confusion on the pronunciation and meaning of words, mix-ups in poems and songs, etc). Instead I saw a much darker and crueler man's world that the boys are forced to adapt to.

(view spo
A.B. Gayle
What a great follow up to "Out of the Woods"!

Any book told from the point of view of a protagonist who is not privy to all the facts but relies on his inherent common sense will create a skewed view of the world he inhabits. So it continues to be with Tarin.

Underlying the continuing charming story about Twice Caught and Beak-Face, there is a depiction of a society where one sector is kept ignorant and kept in their place, even though they are cherished. If you translate "boys" to "women", this m
Aislinn
I loved this series. Tarin was just as appealing in the second book as he was in the first, and the conflict built steadily through the second book, looking like there wasn't a way out of heartbreak. The resolution was a little bit deus ex machina, but considering the world that had been thoroughly constructed, starting with the first book, it worked for me.

Tarin wasn't the only great character in the book. His 'beak-face' Garrick was a teddy bear, and I loved Aran and Ofer. The cultural refere
Adriana
I'm reviewing the books together.

Firs of all I am thankfull for reading this books now, why? Because these books need to be read back to back, if not you only get the firt part of the story that leaves you without a happy ending.
The plot of this books is great, the awesome story of a all male town, were the God(ess) is called Mother and of course is a woman!, where man hunt wild boys that roam the forest to train them as their "boys" (if you know what I mean).
This story brings to mind some sci-f
Wende
Oct 02, 2011 Wende rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelby P
I'm rating this book higher than the first because majority of my questions were answered. Tarin is truly a wonderful character. I loved his growth and maturity. Loved his loyalty. There were so many good things in this story. The camaraderie among the "wood boys." The story was so interesting. I hated Jadon with a passion and was making myself sick thinking of what could happen to Aran. I'm happy how it all played out.
Sherry
3.25

I don't think I'm getting everything and am kinda confused....wth is going on? (view spoiler) The writing is good but I was lost.
Mandy Beyers
Really, really liked these! The world is extremely imaginative and I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen to all the characters (and was happily surprised by how all the loose ends tied up).
Kennie
Very original setting. The whole story is presented from the view of a teenage boy grown up in the woods coming into a semi-civilized society of men. The cultural clash between both combined with Tarin's limited vocabulary is often hilarious. This book is the second half of "Tarin's world" which obviously was cut into two units right in the middle.

This book and the second part make two halves of the story which happens in about 1,5 years. All you get to know about the world and it's history is w
Karen
Love this world, love this story. Great follow up to Out of the Woods and it looks like it hasn't finished yet (I hope).
  • Winner Takes All: Master/Slave Fantasies by Christopher Pierce
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything, #1-7)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Collared
  • Tribute
  • Exit Strategy (Exit, #1)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • The Bonding (Gaven, #2)
  • Dead to the World (Water Lovers of Sirilon #3)
  • The Copper Horse: Fear (The Copper Horse #1)
  • Kraken
  • Pathfinder
  • The Slave Catcher
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • Hell and Beyond (Broken, #2)
  • November (November, #1)
  • Cruel to be Kind: Novel
  • Lee's Story (The Slave Breakers, #3)
I'm a writer of queer erotica -- mostly m/m and D/s.
I live with Beloved Joe and the evil kitten clan.

I fled Thatcher’s England in the late 1980ies, and have lived in the American Midwest since then. Frying pan and fire come to mind. Back in the UK, I ran a record store (ah vinyl!). Since coming to America, I've taught college, edited at a small publishing house, researched and written background r
More about Syd McGinley...

Tarin's World (2 books)
  • Out of the Woods (Tarin's World, #1)
Out of the Woods (Tarin's World, #1) What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love? Pet Rescue Pet Sitting Attitude Adjustments

“Wake up and fuck me," demanded Tarin.

"I thought your bum hurt?"

Tarin squirmed. "Want cock, too. Fall out a tree, climb it again.”
5 likes