Start by marking “Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art” as Want to Read:
Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art

Art Saves: Stories, Inspiration and Prompts Sharing the Power of Art

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Discover it for yourself. Inside Art Saves, experience the stories of 20 artists who found that artistic expression and the artistic process is worth living for. Whether you are a calligraphy/graffiti artist like Lisa Engelbrecht, a metal artist like Michael DeMeng, or digital collage artist like Susan Tuttle, art has a way of giving you beauty, meaning, spiritual richness ...more
Unknown Binding, 144 pages
Published January 1st 2012 by Northlight (first published June 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Art Saves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Art Saves

liberal sprinkles
You don't have to be an artist or crafter to get something out of this book. Art Saves delivers bit-sized inspiration from 20 artists, including author Jenny Doh. You'll learn about what inspires them and drives them, how art helped them overcome personal struggles, what they do when the going gets tough and how they give back to the community. Many of these lessons are relevant to more than just artists and can easily be applied to life in general.

The messages are uplifting but I thought the in
liberal sprinkles

The messages are uplifting but I thought the in
Kathryn Dechairo
Inspiring book and I was happy to discover some favorite artists amongst the mix. I'm a true believer in the power of art as a healing tool having experienced it myself. Great uplifting read.
Bev
I looked through this book several times for the projects and then one day I actually READ it!
It is so inspiring! These artists have such a wonderful attitude about sharing art and helping people enjoy creating their own art.
Rebecca
Thanks to Angie for spotting this for me -- very inspiring! Lots of simple ideas that give art some extra meaning and importance. Going to have to study this more. :)
Linda
Inspirational stories from some wonderful mixed media artists. You don't have to be into art to appreciate this book. Inspiring!
Roxanne
Beautiful profiles of artists with accompanying discussions of their passions and words on leading a creative life.
Sonya
Jenny has a great insight into artists and how they create. I really enjoy her series of books.
Marijke Dyke
This is a book that inspires the artist in all of us.
Dawn Marie
Dawn Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Lily Lamotte
Lily Lamotte marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Deidra23
Deidra23 marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sarah added it
Aug 26, 2014
Sarah Bacchus
Sarah Bacchus marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Christine Matteson
Christine Matteson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Meags Mcginty
Meags Mcginty marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Creative Lettering: Techniques & Tips from Top Artists Journal It!: Perspectives in Creative Journaling Craft-a-Doodle: 75 Creative Exercises from 18 Artists We Make Dolls!: Top Dollmakers Share Their Secrets & Patterns Signature Styles: 20 Stitchers Craft Their Look