Start by marking “Hearing the Person with Dementia: Person-Centred Approaches to Communication for Families and Caregivers” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  4 Ratings  ·  1 Review
Losing the ability to communicate can be a frustrating and difficult experience for people with dementia, their families and carers. As the disease progresses, the person with dementia may find it increasingly difficult to express themselves clearly, and to understand what others say.

Written with both family and professional carers in mind, this book clearly explains what
Published January 15th 2011 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hearing the Person with Dementia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearing the Person with Dementia

Cheryl
Jan 31, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I really found this book helpful. Having a loved one with dementia it has given me tools to help me communicate better and understand how to interpret body language when they can't find the words to express themselves. I definitely want my own copy of this book to highlight, underline and read again.
Lynne Fleming
Lynne Fleming rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Bitvacuous
Bitvacuous rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Diako
Diako marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Calle Pierson-kemp
Calle Pierson-kemp marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
rose boughton
rose boughton marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015