Start by marking “Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor” as Want to Read:
Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

Old Mac's tractor isn't just for getting around the farm. It also pulls a seeder, follows a combine, and even helps him get his animals to the country fair. Along with the bouncy, rhyming text, Don Carter's vivid dimensional art showcases each piece of equipment and includes all of kids' favorite farm animals, providing an irresistible new spin on the beloved song.
Published May 29th 2007 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

IRIFF
Old MacDonald does more than just tend to animals on his farm. There are crops to grow and work to be done. In this badly metered, not so rhythmic, nursery doesn't-actually-rhyme story, we spend some time with Old Mac and his tractor doing various chores on the farm. The pictures are fun and if you get tired of talking about the tractor side of things, you can flip through and actually sing the nursery rhyme with each animal on the page. It's great for interactive reading and perfect for my son' ...more
Karen
Jan 24, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

When I started reading this book, my son added EIEIO in the right places -- that kind of made it work. And as I was reading it, he came around to sit next to me to see all the illustrations. He laughed right out loud at the one with Old Mac in his underwear.

This book could have been better, but even as it is, it was still a very fun read.
Kelly
I wanted to like this more than I did. I really wanted this to be a singable book... but it isn't. Even with adjustment (adding EIEIOs and stretching syllables), the rhyme just don't match. I do appreciate the book's ability to show the hard work of small farmers and everyone loves tractors (or at least all of my preschoolers), but I wanted more.
Sandybear76
loved it! I think the preschoolers will like this one when they do their farm unit. The farmer uses his tractor for many chores around the farm - plowing, combining, cultivating, and harvesting. Each layout has a sound that goes with each tractor chore.
Ashley
Aug 26, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it
Alice loved the illustrations in this book. She wanted to look at the pages over an over again. The story/song portion was decent, not great, but the artworks was really good.
Caryn
Aug 01, 2008 Caryn rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books

Very creative version of old mcdonald!

I showed it to 1 1/2 year olds and up and they just loved the pictures! I liked the phrase about "old macdonald's hair!"

Very cute!
Leah
Mar 08, 2012 Leah rated it really liked it
A great updated version of Old MacDonald. Lots of new vocabulary and jokes about underwear and manure to appeal to older preschoolers.
Jaxon Pitzer
Jaxon Pitzer rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
GoldfiKids
GoldfiKids rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2010
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2012
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Karyn
Karyn rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2010
Madhu
Madhu rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Jefferson Holbrook
Jefferson Holbrook rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Tyla
Tyla rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2009
Sara K
Sara K rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Cicely
Cicely rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Deanna
Deanna rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
May 29, 2013
£L£NA ßL¥TH£
£L£NA ßL¥TH£ rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2010
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2016
Andréa
Andréa rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2016
Aug 22, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
some of the rhymes are a little forced for reading out loud... love the illustrations!
Eric Coulbourne
Eric Coulbourne rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014
Katie
Jul 01, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it
humorous variant of Old MacDonald Had a Farm.
Kristie
Kristie rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2007