Start by marking “Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor” as Want to Read:
Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Old Mac's tractor isn't just for getting around the farm. It also pulls a seeder, follows a combine, and even helps him get his animals to the country fair. Along with the bouncy, rhyming text, Don Carter's vivid dimensional art showcases each piece of equipment and includes all of kids' favorite farm animals, providing an irresistible new spin on the beloved song.
Published May 29th 2007 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old MacDonald Drives a Tractor

Karen
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

When I started reading this book, my son added EIEIO in the right places -- that kind of made it work. And as I was reading it, he came around to sit next to me to see all the illustrations. He laughed right out loud at the one with Old Mac in his underwear.

This book could have been better, but even as it is, it was still a very fun read.
Ashley
Alice loved the illustrations in this book. She wanted to look at the pages over an over again. The story/song portion was decent, not great, but the artworks was really good.
Leandra Cate
I really thought I would love this - what a great idea, old macdonald but with combine harvesters and seed drills! Perfect for my big machine obsessed 19 month old, right? Not really. The rhymes don't quite work. It's a hard book to read aloud. And the illustrations are done so that the machine (plough, seed drill, sprayer) ends up right in the fold of the pages... making it hard to see well. Disappointing.
Kelly
I wanted to like this more than I did. I really wanted this to be a singable book... but it isn't. Even with adjustment (adding EIEIOs and stretching syllables), the rhyme just don't match. I do appreciate the book's ability to show the hard work of small farmers and everyone loves tractors (or at least all of my preschoolers), but I wanted more.
Sandybear76
loved it! I think the preschoolers will like this one when they do their farm unit. The farmer uses his tractor for many chores around the farm - plowing, combining, cultivating, and harvesting. Each layout has a sound that goes with each tractor chore.
Caryn

Very creative version of old mcdonald!

I showed it to 1 1/2 year olds and up and they just loved the pictures! I liked the phrase about "old macdonald's hair!"

Very cute!
Leah
A great updated version of Old MacDonald. Lots of new vocabulary and jokes about underwear and manure to appeal to older preschoolers.
some of the rhymes are a little forced for reading out loud... love the illustrations!
Tricia
to tune of old macdonald, story rhymes and shows all types of farm equipment.
Shyam Rahim
My little brother loves trucks and singing. This made him really happy.
Alisa
For everyone little boy that loves tractors, machines and singing.
Vivian
Children LOVE this variation on the familiar song.
Katie
humorous variant of Old MacDonald Had a Farm.
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 26, 2014
Easter
Easter marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Get To Work, Trucks! Send It! Heaven's All-Star Jazz Band Channing Tatum In The Public Eye Washington D.C. Running Guide