Start by marking “Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures: A Study of Subterranean Mysteries in History, Folklore, and Myth” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This edition is no longer in print. The most up-to-date edition is here: http://www.amazon.com/Caverns-Cauldro...

The 3rd edition of the cult classic CAVERNS, CAULDRONS, AND CONCEALED CREATURES, is the first book of its kind to examine the striking similarities between folklore, religious, mythic, new age, fictional, and first-hand eyewitness and historical accounts of anom
Paperback
Published September 1st 2002 by TGS-HiddenMysteries

To ask other readers questions about Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caverns, Cauldrons, and Concealed Creatures

Lea
This is one of those books that I am EXTREMELY torn about how to rate. On one hand, the author presents some very interesting hypotheses that I had never really considered before -- and I absolutely love when someone can make me look at things in a whole new light. His arguments are very well thought out -- at least initially -- and seem to be exhaustively researched. On the other hand, there are some controversial (and arguably offensive) sections. I'll touch on these just briefly, as I think o ...more
Little Miss Esoteric
Paranoid misinterpretations of ancient mysteries and Underworld mythology. The author's lack of understanding shows at each turn and his conjectures are not only ludicrous, but also often offensive. I would go off on a suitable rant, but quite frankly I have other books to read.
Christopher
Aug 04, 2012 Christopher rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. Mr. Mott delves deep into some of our most enduring cultural mysteries. His lucid prose is the main ingredient backed up by thoughtful research that makes this book a "must-have" for any student of Forteana. Get it.
Elentarri
This is an extremely interesting book with an interesting and scarey hypothesis that makes more sense to me than the usual "guesses" and "explanations". The answer might just be beneath our feet instead of amongst the stars.
Tramov
Dec 12, 2012 Tramov rated it liked it
Starts out with an interesting thesis and expounds upon it with a definite show of research. Then at about the three quarter mark goes right to crazy town.
Srhyan
Jan 13, 2014 Srhyan rated it really liked it
As a fan of mythology, conspiracy theories, historical texts, and fantasy writing of all types I really enjoyed this book. The book is an interesting albeit highly speculative exploration of different cultures views and understanding of creatures they believe to be living around them as the title suggests, in caverns, caves, and generally underground. Depending on what other books you enjoy you might really like this (those who like ufo literature, paranormal stuff, and secret societies) or find ...more
Lana
Aug 25, 2015 Lana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all researchers of paranormal
This is a fantastic book exploring various paranormal phenomena--alien abductions, UFO sightings, cattle and human mutilation, various cryptids including Big Foot, El Chupacabra, Mothman, Jersey Devil. According to the author all these things are related in that they involve sub-terrenean entities that live underground,can change their density, and occasionally come to the surface for resources and use people for genetics/reproduction and other (evil) purposes. According to him the idea that ali ...more
Carol
Dec 05, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. The kindle version makes it hard to see the illustrations. It did a good job of merging myths and legends with historical accounts. Creeped me out more then once.
ecd 14
excellent read, despite many redundant themes it is well worth the read for anyone interested in any subject related to cryptids, ufos theology or ufos. very well researched and presented in an easy to follow style.

Nathaniel Cowper
Mar 10, 2016 Nathaniel Cowper rated it really liked it
A very interesting book, I much enjoyed the mythology and the exploration of the subterranean wold. The conclusion was not as epic as the rest of the book however.
Tara Finger
Tara Finger marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Hzanski
Hzanski marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Erin MacMichael
Erin MacMichael rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Dealer
Dealer marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
chris barreca
chris barreca marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
JA
JA marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Dorie
Dorie rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Andrew Steenbergen
Andrew Steenbergen rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2016
Claudia Lim
Claudia Lim marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
ecd 14
ecd 14 rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Hobo Spice
Hobo Spice marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
M Rodriguez
M Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Robert Mullin
Robert Mullin marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Sarai Lillie
Sarai Lillie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Kundry
Kundry marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Razielivaldi
Razielivaldi marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Wm. Michael Mott is a writer, artist and educator who has six books and many magazine features in print or electronic book form. He's written about paranormal phenomena; comparative myth, religion and folklore; UFOs; cryptozoology; pulp, adventure, science fiction and fantasy fiction; and art and education topics. He's been a guest on in excess of 40 national and internationally-syndicated radio p
More about Wm. Michael Mott...