Start by marking “Far Flutterby” as Want to Read:
Far Flutterby

Far Flutterby

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  20 reviews
I wonder, he said, as he inched up a tree, If there s more to this life than just branches and leaves. Once in the land of Better-Than-Brown lived Cody the Caterpillar, down on the ground. His life he found boring; he wanted much more; then a message of hope told him he would soon soar. A place called Far Flutterby it just couldn t be! He thought, That s only a dream for a ...more
Published February 2012 by Zonderkidz, a division of Zondervan (first published January 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Far Flutterby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far Flutterby

Tracy
This book is not only great for kids but for that person in your life that is looking for a job, needing a career change or maybe just needs to break free and become someone new.
"I wonder," he said, as he inched up a tree, "if there's more to this life than just branches and leaves."

This book will remind that person there are special plans in store. "I'm from the land of Far Flutterby where God has good plans for his creatures to fly! These plans include you, so have faith and you'll see!"

This
Erica Kiefer

Last night I read this book to my daughter. The concept of a caterpillar turning into a butterfly is not new, but I LOVED how this story presented itself.

This particular caterpillar is disappointed with his boring life on the ground, eating leaves and rolling in dirt and he has hopes for something better. Then he meets a colorful bird and butterfly who tell him, "there's more to this life than crawling and eating, more to this life than sitting and sleeping." They speak of God's plan for him a
Margaret
Feb 06, 2012 Margaret rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Candice Frederick
I'm not sure that I have ever read any Christian Contemporary Fiction that Karen Kingsbury is so famous for; however, I ave read some of her children's books including Let's Have a Daddy Day, The Brave Young Knight and The Princess and the Three Knights and the ones I do not yet own are definitely on my wishlist. Karen takes a story and weaves in a message to stay with a child (and the parent reading it!) for the long haul. It is all worth it in the end and using adorable characters such as Cody ...more
Gail Welborn
WA’s own Karen Kingsbury: http://www.karenkingsbury.com/

Far Flutterby, by Karen Kingsbury, Illustrated by Jennifer A. Bell, Zonderkidz, 2012, 32 Pages, Ages 4 and Up, ISBN-13: 978-0310712138, $15.99

Best-selling author, Karen Kingsbury’s imaginative new rhyming release, Far Flutterby, a picture book for youngsters age four and up, with Jennifer A. Bell’s colorful illustrations, is sure to win awards. Not only does it engage children’s imaginations, Cody the Caterpillar’s story portrays biblical t
Kaylee Warzecha
This book would be great to teach children that God has a plan for them even if they don't know it yet. That it takes patience and struggle to get where God wants us to be. An encouraging book with a Christian perspective. The illustrations are soft and full of color. (picture)
Kara Love
Beautiful pictures, and fun rhymes. A captivating story about God's plan for a boring caterpillar to struggle into life as a beautiful butterfly.
Amber
Super cute book for kids! Encouragement and not giving up are big themes in this fun book!
Rebecca "Rebaka" Lewis
Far Flutterby by Karen Kingsbury is a rhyming book that will get yours kids involved and willing to listen to. Cody the caterpillar has many biblical adventures in this story. I think the overall is that God has a wonderful plan for your life if you will just believe in him. The illustrations by Jennifer A. Bell keeps a childs attention.

The age range of this book is for kids from four to eight but adults will enjoy it when watching your children's interest comes alive.

I am difinately a Karen Ki
Joy
I read this to my older daughter the other day because she's finally wanting to sit down and let Mommy read her paper books. I really like the artwork and I think she does too. It's kinda hard to tell because she doesn't talk yet. However, the fact that she paid attention tells me that she likes it. We'll see how she likes it when she's a bit older.
Deb Tyo
Written in rhyme, this one really did remind me of Hermie, A Common Caterpillar by Max Lucado (as another reviewer has already mentioned).

"...Have faith through the hard times, believing in more! For there in the journey and stuck in the sting, the struggle...the struggle...is what gives you wings!"
Kathy
I pretty much love anything that Karen Kingsbury writes. This book had the same theme as Hermie, A Common Caterpillar by Max Lucado, but was different because it was written in rhyme. I loved the illustrations by Jennifer A. Bell. It was a cute book, nicely put together, that young children will enjoy.
Brandi
Beautiful illustrations and wonderful message for children and adults. I love the message: the struggle gives you wings. We only grow through what we see as our challenges, and we can come out with our own wings.
Beth Cutwright
delightful!!!the artwork is to die for.....Cody the Caterpillar is searching for his purpose and he finds it! I think my granddaughter will love having this read to her!
Beverly
A cute book, in rhyming verse, with nice illustrations; but doesn't really bring anything new to the "caterpillar to butterfly" theme.
Faye Berkley
This is a great book. I have read it a couple of times now and it has a great message for children and adults.
Amanda
I just picked this one up for the kids. I love it, the illustrations are wonderful and so is the message.
Peggy
This story, written in verse, has a message...the struggle is what gives you wings.
Wonderful kids book. It shows God's plan for our life in a kids perspective.
Rowlak5
Sweet story with a great religious message.
Felita
Love it! "Its the stuggle, that gives me wings."
Grace Postorino
Grace Postorino marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Lora Chastain
Lora Chastain marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Gyeyok Parah
Gyeyok Parah marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jennifer George
Jennifer George marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
May Young
May Young marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:

USA Today and New York Times bestselling author Karen Kingsbury is America’s #1 inspirational novelist. There are more than 15 million copies of her award-winning books in print, including several million copies sold in the past year. Karen has written more than 40 novels, ten of which have hit #1 on national lists.

Karen has a true love for her readers, and she has nearly 1
More about Karen Kingsbury...
Redemption (Redemption, #1) Remember (Redemption, #2) Even Now (Lost Love Series, #1) One Tuesday Morning (9/11 Series, #1) Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)