Start by marking “Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)” as Want to Read:
Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)

Waterfalls (Glenbrooke #6)

4.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,209 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Meredith Graham's job as a children's book acquisitions editor takes her to Glenbrooke, Oregon, where she meets the only man who has ever made her heart leap: Jacob Wilde. Trouble is, his heart doesn't seem to be leaping in response to hers. But then, Jake's a movie star. Out of her league. Still, she can't get him out of her mind. So when circumstances continue to throw t ...more
Published May 14th 2004 by Multnomah (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Waterfalls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waterfalls

On a Whim by Robin Jones GunnComing Attractions by Robin Jones GunnPeculiar Treasures by Robin Jones GunnSummer Promise by Robin Jones GunnAs You Wish by Robin Jones Gunn
Robin Jones Gunn Books
42nd out of 51 books — 15 voters
The Jewel Trilogy by Hallee BridgemanGreater Than Rubies by Hallee BridgemanEmerald Fire by Hallee BridgemanTopaz Heat by Hallee BridgemanA Melody for James by Hallee Bridgeman
Christian Novels for teen to adult women
113th out of 235 books — 89 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
May 31, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing
The opening of a camp by Meredith's sister and brother-in-law brought her to Glenbrooke where she met the only man who made her heart leap, Jacob Wilde. He has other ideas about love, however. Strange ideas that work to break Meri's heart. She can't get him out of her mind and out of her life as his newest project brings them closer together.

Meri is a children's book acquisitions editor and Jacob Wilde is an actor looking to turn into a producer with a book and film series. He wants to work with
Robin
Jul 06, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Waterfalls (Glenbrooke Series #6)
Robin Jones Gunn

Book Summary: Pretty, spunky Meri has never had a problem holding her own with attractive men. But her trip to Glenbrooke, Oregon, takes a decidedly interesting turn when she finds herself sharing a picnic with a man who makes her heart beat in triple time. When she discovers her picnic partner is none other than movie star Jacob Wilde, she loses her characteristic cool and ruins everything! The next time their paths cross, the tables are turned.
Trine
Aug 10, 2016 Trine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, christian, own, 2016
It was my first Glenbrooke book and very easy to read even without knowing the earlier stories, perhaps because not much of the story actually does take place in Glenbrooke. The story was okay, nothing special. All the thoughts running around in the head of our heroine slowed the pace a bit too much and detracting from the overall enjoyment. But what really annoyed me was that the blurp on the back of the book told the whole story! It is supposed to be a teaser not a resume!
Christine
Jun 06, 2014 Christine rated it did not like it
I tried to like this book I really did. I loved all of the Glenbrooke Series, except for this one. This one was the lone hold out that no library in my area had. I ordered it on ebay, and anxiously saved it for a cross country plane trip.

I was so disappointed. In my opinion, it didn't "read" like she even wrote it, almost like she used a ghost writer.
Dorothy
Mar 26, 2016 Dorothy rated it it was amazing
I am truly enjoying this series of books. This one is about Meredith who works for a publishing company to determine if a manuscript is good enough to publish. She is also the sister of Shelly who the last book was about. Meredith also has some things to get straight and in the process she does some funny stunts.
Ashley Carmichael
By far the best developed, most well rounded character in the series. And the added philosophy development was also a nice level of subtext the other stories lacked.
Kristine
Hands down my favorite in this already wonderful series. As a teen and even into my mid-20s I relate so much to Meredith and her struggles waiting for God's timing. Sure it's idealistic, but that's what makes it so fun. What if a quirky girl really could capture the attention of a handsome movie star? Considering how far-fetched that is, I think Robin did a great job making everything around it realistic.

On a side note, as a teen I found this book engaging enough that it made me want to be an ed
Life Between Coffee Spoons
May 02, 2013 Life Between Coffee Spoons rated it it was amazing

Lori
Jun 16, 2016 Lori rated it it was amazing
My Personal favorite Christian fiction series.
Jennifer Robb
Found a cool prayer within this fiction book.
Julie Barrett
Nov 01, 2011 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
waterfalls glenbrook series book 6 by robin jones gunn
meredith is a child book editor and meets up at a family gathering where a photographer is also stopped by to see the waterfall where he plans on filming a movie.

seminars and conventions bring them together and she even gets to audition
for his movie. really like how the local people in town help and their stories
are brought up to date from previous books.

I rate this story a 5 as I really like the series and the places it takes me to.
Joy Gerbode
May 24, 2015 Joy Gerbode rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Another re-read, good book, a bit farfetched perhaps, but still very enjoyable. I love this author and every one of her books I will read again and again.

May 2015 ... enjoyed this re-read ... love the waterfalls ... love the spiritual insight, and I love how all these books wind around familiar characters, but with entirely new and separate stories.
Shantelle
This was the first book I read in the Glenbrooke series (though it's the sixth), and it's my favorite! I absolutely adore it! A sweet, non-typical romance set in the present-time. Movie stars and young women searching for the perfect balance. Humorous and fun, Waterfalls made a perfect summer read for me.
Brooke (i blog 4 books)

This was such a sweet and wonderfully romantic story ... one of my favorite in this series so far! Meri was a really fun character to get to know. I enjoyed the tension between she and Jake and how she is learning to lean solely on the Lord for her future. Great story!
Heather
Jun 28, 2012 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book because I'm a huge fan of Robin Jones Gunn; however, this particular book did not earn even a 2 star rating. Sorry Robin!
P.S. Whispers (Glenbrooke #2) is sooo much better!
Jodi
May 14, 2016 Jodi rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-stories, adult
This was another cute and clean love story. I did get frustrated at times with Jake, and the ending wrapped up very quickly and ended rather suddenly, but overall, another good book in this series.
Kelli
Dec 31, 2010 Kelli rated it it was ok
Read this a couple years ago. Found it cheesy and only mildly interesting. The writing gets to fluffy and unrealistic too. It sadly seems this keeps happening with Christian fiction.
Tiffany
Nov 28, 2012 Tiffany rated it liked it
It's been years since I last read this book. I can't promise great writing but it was a nice story and made me want to be an acquisitions editor. I'd like to re-read this book as an adult.
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki rated it liked it
Shelves: book-collector
I have a gripe with the cover design...Meri has brown hair on the cover despite the fact the author makes a huge deal of mentioning she colors her hair blonde several times
Heather
Jan 17, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Very sweet and loving. Allows for someone to seek help through Christ about similar issues within. I only wish that the author would have continued on a bit with the story.
Ashley
Jul 24, 2011 Ashley rated it liked it
Okay so not only does the main character have a job I would love to have, but she falls for a movie star!! All in Glenbrooke, a stereotypical small town!! Its amazing!!
Amy Blott
Apr 25, 2008 Amy Blott rated it it was amazing
That love is a choice and its more about commitment than feelings. Praying with someone from the opposite sex one on one is very intimate and should not be taken lightly.
Selah
Jan 23, 2016 Selah rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - my favorite of the series so far. Meri is much more appealing than her sister. She reminds me of my daughter - spunky, vivacious, goofy, and emotional.
Michele Minor
Oct 13, 2009 Michele Minor rated it really liked it
This is a good romance novel where both Merideth and Jake need to discover their love for each other. This is a sweet story with a strong Christian theme in it.
Carolyn
Dec 19, 2008 Carolyn rated it liked it
A delightful, Christian, romance story with humor and wit. Takes place in Oregon which gives it an extra plus!
Tasha Hicks
Oct 21, 2009 Tasha Hicks rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-own
This book is a timeless romantic classic, It is another one of the books I could read over and over again.
Natalia
Jul 29, 2011 Natalia rated it it was ok
It was slow... but it was still good. It was kinda like Katy and Dayne in the Baxter series.
Guitargirl
Dec 19, 2011 Guitargirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: robin-jones-gunn
I really like this one. one of my favs definitely!!!!!!!! LOVED it!! :)
Mar 16, 2016 Laura rated it liked it
This one was my least favorite in the series but still very good!
Emily
Aug 30, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
The first book I've read to the series. It's my favorite too.
  • From the Ashes (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #10)
  • Danger in the Shadows (O'Malley #0.5)
  • As Time Goes By (The Californians, #2)
  • Torchlight
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten #2)
  • Not Exactly Eden
  • Line of Duty (Newpointe 911, #5)
  • Miss Match (Lauren Holbrook, #1)
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Glenbrooke (9 books)
  • Secrets (Glenbrooke, #1)
  • Whispers (Glenbrooke, #2)
  • Echoes (Glenbrooke, #3)
  • Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
  • Tea at Glenbrooke (Glenbrooke, #9)