Start by marking “Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)” as Want to Read:
Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)

Waterfalls (Glenbrooke #6)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  1,081 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Meredith Graham's job as a children's book acquisitions editor takes her to Glenbrooke, Oregon, where she meets the only man who has ever made her heart leap: Jacob Wilde. Trouble is, his heart doesn't seem to be leaping in response to hers. But then, Jake's a movie star. Out of her league. Still, she can't get him out of her mind. So when circumstances continue to throw t ...more
Published May 14th 2004 by Multnomah Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Waterfalls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waterfalls

Redeeming Love by Francine RiversLeaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  WoodThe Master's Plan by Stephany TullisSilenced 2 by RaeBeth McGee-Buda
Read this Christian Fiction!
125th out of 345 books — 255 voters
On a Whim by Robin Jones GunnComing Attractions by Robin Jones GunnPeculiar Treasures by Robin Jones GunnSisterchicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones GunnSummer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn
Robin Jones Gunn Books
42nd out of 51 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Leah
The opening of a camp by Meredith's sister and brother-in-law brought her to Glenbrooke where she met the only man who made her heart leap, Jacob Wilde. He has other ideas about love, however. Strange ideas that work to break Meri's heart. She can't get him out of her mind and out of her life as his newest project brings them closer together.

Meri is a children's book acquisitions editor and Jacob Wilde is an actor looking to turn into a producer with a book and film series. He wants to work with
Robin
Waterfalls (Glenbrooke Series #6)
Robin Jones Gunn

Book Summary: Pretty, spunky Meri has never had a problem holding her own with attractive men. But her trip to Glenbrooke, Oregon, takes a decidedly interesting turn when she finds herself sharing a picnic with a man who makes her heart beat in triple time. When she discovers her picnic partner is none other than movie star Jacob Wilde, she loses her characteristic cool and ruins everything! The next time their paths cross, the tables are turned.
Christine
I tried to like this book I really did. I loved all of the Glenbrooke Series, except for this one. This one was the lone hold out that no library in my area had. I ordered it on ebay, and anxiously saved it for a cross country plane trip.

I was so disappointed. In my opinion, it didn't "read" like she even wrote it, almost like she used a ghost writer.
Kristine
Hands down my favorite in this already wonderful series. As a teen and even into my mid-20s I relate so much to Meredith and her struggles waiting for God's timing. Sure it's idealistic, but that's what makes it so fun. What if a quirky girl really could capture the attention of a handsome movie star? Considering how far-fetched that is, I think Robin did a great job making everything around it realistic.

On a side note, as a teen I found this book engaging enough that it made me want to be an ed
Life Between Coffee Spoons

Julie Barrett
waterfalls glenbrook series book 6 by robin jones gunn
meredith is a child book editor and meets up at a family gathering where a photographer is also stopped by to see the waterfall where he plans on filming a movie.

seminars and conventions bring them together and she even gets to audition
for his movie. really like how the local people in town help and their stories
are brought up to date from previous books.

I rate this story a 5 as I really like the series and the places it takes me to.
Joy Gerbode
Another re-read, good book, a bit farfetched perhaps, but still very enjoyable. I love this author and every one of her books I will read again and again.

May 2015 ... enjoyed this re-read ... love the waterfalls ... love the spiritual insight, and I love how all these books wind around familiar characters, but with entirely new and separate stories.
Shantelle
This was the first book I read in the Glenbrooke series (though it's the sixth), and it's my favorite! I absolutely adore it! A sweet, non-typical romance set in the present-time. Movie stars and young women searching for the perfect balance. Humorous and fun, Waterfalls made a perfect summer read for me.
Brooke (i blog 4 books)

This was such a sweet and wonderfully romantic story ... one of my favorite in this series so far! Meri was a really fun character to get to know. I enjoyed the tension between she and Jake and how she is learning to lean solely on the Lord for her future. Great story!
Heather
I wanted to like this book because I'm a huge fan of Robin Jones Gunn; however, this particular book did not earn even a 2 star rating. Sorry Robin!
P.S. Whispers (Glenbrooke #2) is sooo much better!
Jodi
This was another cute and clean love story. I did get frustrated at times with Jake, and the ending wrapped up very quickly and ended rather suddenly, but overall, another good book in this series.
Kelli
Read this a couple years ago. Found it cheesy and only mildly interesting. The writing gets to fluffy and unrealistic too. It sadly seems this keeps happening with Christian fiction.
Tiffany
It's been years since I last read this book. I can't promise great writing but it was a nice story and made me want to be an acquisitions editor. I'd like to re-read this book as an adult.
Becki
I have a gripe with the cover design...Meri has brown hair on the cover despite the fact the author makes a huge deal of mentioning she colors her hair blonde several times
Heather
Very sweet and loving. Allows for someone to seek help through Christ about similar issues within. I only wish that the author would have continued on a bit with the story.
Ashley
Okay so not only does the main character have a job I would love to have, but she falls for a movie star!! All in Glenbrooke, a stereotypical small town!! Its amazing!!
Amy Blott
That love is a choice and its more about commitment than feelings. Praying with someone from the opposite sex one on one is very intimate and should not be taken lightly.
Michele Minor
This is a good romance novel where both Merideth and Jake need to discover their love for each other. This is a sweet story with a strong Christian theme in it.
Carolyn
A delightful, Christian, romance story with humor and wit. Takes place in Oregon which gives it an extra plus!
Tasha Hicks
This book is a timeless romantic classic, It is another one of the books I could read over and over again.
Natalia
It was slow... but it was still good. It was kinda like Katy and Dayne in the Baxter series.
Guitargirl
I really like this one. one of my favs definitely!!!!!!!! LOVED it!! :)
Emily
The first book I've read to the series. It's my favorite too.
Diana
One of my favorites of the series. Definitely a great, easy read.
Sharon
Girl meets man at a picnic not realizing he is a movie star.
Marcia Nash
love this book. laughed out loud while reading this one.
Dina
My favorite in the Glennbrook Series.
Brooke
I really liked this book!
  • Every Storm
  • Jennifer: An O'Malley Love Story
  • Latte Daze (Maya Davis, #2)
  • Torchlight
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Mixed Signals
  • When Joy Came to Stay
  • The Icing on the Cake (Weddings by Design #2)
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten #2)
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Glenbrooke (9 books)
  • Whispers (Glenbrooke, #2)
  • Echoes (Glenbrooke, #3)
  • Secrets (Glenbrooke, #1)
  • Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
  • Tea at Glenbrooke (Glenbrooke, #9)
Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 1 (Christy Miller, #1-3) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 2 (Christy Miller, #4-6) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 3 (Christy Miller, #7-9) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 4 (Christy Miller, #10-12) Until Tomorrow (Christy and Todd: College Years #1)