The Naughtiest Girl in the School (Naughtiest Girl Series, Book 1)

The Naughtiest Girl in the School (The Naughtiest Girl #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  4,183 ratings  ·  151 reviews
Elizabeth Allen is spoilt and selfish. When she is sent away to boarding school she makes up her mind to be the naughtiest pupil there has ever been! But Elizabeth soon discovers that being bad isn't as simple as it seems.
Published 2007 by Hodder (first published January 1st 1930)

To ask other readers questions about The Naughtiest Girl in the School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naughtiest Girl in the School

S.
Alright, I've now read the first four installments in this series and they're arse.

I think it is because I never read them when I was younger and don't have nostalgia to ride on, but these books seem much more belligerent, yes it's possible!, than the St. Clare's or Malory Towers books.

It's possible they're aimed at even younger readers, but frankly, even if I were eight years old I'd be thoroughly fed up with this guff after a few chapters: I only persevered because I needed good solid ground t...more
Armina
سال چهارم ابتدایی که بودم، یه روز سر کلاس چشمم خورد به این کتاب که روی تاقچه ی کلاس گذاشته بودنش. هیچکس اون دور و بر نبود که بهش ادعای مالکیت بکنه، و من هم اون دوران، دوران کنجکاوی بیش از حدّم بود، به طوریکه نمی تونستم از کنار هر جسمی که چند تا ورق متصل به هم داره رد بشم و از سر تا ته نخونمش! خلاصه، به خودم قول دادم بذارمش سر جاش و از کلاس بیرونش نبرم. و بعد شروع کردم خوندن.
یک فصل و نصفی خونده بودم که معلممون اومد. سریع کتاب رو گذاشتم سر جاش، اما زنگ تفریح که رفتم سراغش، نبود.
اون هفته کلی تو کت...more
Lisa
Elizabeth Allen is a horrid, spoiled brat. Her parents send her to Whyteleafe, a school with Socialist and sadistic tendencies that strips her of her foolish pride and transforms her into a sensible, loving, moral, typically British schoolgirl.

I read my mother's childhood copy of this book (printed on flimsy, WWII-era paper) when I first visited England. I spent the rest of my childhood rereading it and writing parodies of it.
Jana
The Naughtiest Girl in School

I bought a couple of Blyton’s books a couple of years ago because I thought that I might have missed out not having had the chance to read them when I was a child. I never got around to reading them until one Friday afternoon a couple of weeks ago.

The books all seem a bit formulaic and I had to constantly remind myself that they were written at a totally different time in a rather different society. Nevertheless I couldn’t shake the conflicting feelings about the bo...more
Katie Daniel
The Naughtiest Girl in the School is the first book in Enid Blyton's series about Elizabeth Allen, an extremely selfish and spoilt little girl. Elizabeth is so naughty that her parents opt to send her to boarding school in the hope that she will enjoy meeting new children and become the happy child they would like her to be. However, Elizabeth has very different ideas and is determined to behave so badly that she gets sent home. She soon finds that being naughty isn't as easy as she thought and...more
Imsathya
Of all Ms Blyton's school series, the Whytleafe School series featuring Elizabeth Allen have remain personal favorites since I read them about three decades ago. Even when I was young, the notion of student based bodies - students bringing problems and students solving it themselves in a common forum - made a deep impression on me. There are also socialistic tendencies around everyone getting an equal share of money which also seemed to be so right to me. So to me, the Naughtiest Girl series was...more
Anthea Manuel
I really like this book. So I gave it FIVE STARS!!!
But then I love all Enid Blyton books.

Elizabeth Allen has never been to school before and she thinks she will hate it. But instead she loves it of course it took a few tricks and punishments but that's what makes all the more wonderful. In the beginning she made everyone think she was horrid but then she changed. I love how she becomes friends with Joan and tries to do nice things for her but in the wrong way unknowingly. She thought that she st...more
Mahfuzah Abdul
although it was a child reading book,yet i enjoyed reading it.
actually my purpose was,i just want to 'recheck' my grammar as i've been sooooo into medical books for quite some time.
and it does helps me a lot.
Fiona Baker
The very first "proper" book I ever read. I think I was maybe 7 or 8 years old. It has lead to 35 yrs of reading with a passion, 1000s of books many I'll never remember reading but this one I'll never forget. I can even remember the point in time when I finished it, where I was at home and how proud I was of myself. Most importantly how proud my dad was of me. He too had a passion for reading and loved books. Apologies to those reading this expecting a review and not my trip down memory lane......more
Cory
This book is magnificent! It is good for girls aged 7-13. The naughtiest girl in the school is about a young girl named Elizabeth that is certain she does not want to go to her new boarding school "whyteleafe", she starts off mean and disobedient but gradually starts to evolve into a kind little girl. This is one of Enid blyton's older books first published around 1950 to 1960. It is a must read for any young girl.
Zharap
This book is really good and easy to get into. I give it 5 stars.
Desiree
Apa yang kamu rasakan jika kamu anak satu-satunya yang biasanya dimanja oleh mama dan papa, bebas melakukan apa saja dirumah, tiba-tiba harus bersekolah dan tinggal di asrama bersama-sama dengan banyak orang dalam satu gedung dan jauh dari keluarga? Pastilah sangat menyebalkan rasanya.

Demikian perasaan Elisabeth Allen saat orangtuanya memutuskan untuk mengirimkan Elisabeth ke sekolah asrama Whyteleafe.

Banyak hal baru yang ditemui Elizabeth selama bersekolah ditempat ini. Dia harus belajar berbag...more
Andrea Ika
Elizabeth Allen sama sekali tak senang waktu diputuskan ia harus bersekolah dan tinggal di asrama. Di rumah ia memiliki segalanya, apa saja yang bisa membuatnya senang. Di sekolah pastilah ia akan tersiksa. Maka Elizabeth memutuskan untuk menjadi anak paling nakal, paling badung. Tetapi ternyata hasilnya jauh di luar dugaannya.

Review
Dibuku ini baru dikisahkan bagaimana awal mula Elizabeth bersekolah di sekolah Whyteleaf. Elizabethlah yang menjadi murid baru di sekolah ini dengan tekad awalnya i...more
Fitria Mayrani
Membaca buku anak-anak memang lebih menyenangkan ya!

Seri Si Badung, buku pertama dari empat jilid karya Enid Blyton. Elizabeth Allen, 11 tahun. Gadis cilik manja, nakal, jahil, anak tunggal Nyonya dan Tuan Allen. Elizabeth tidak mau bersekolah, ia hanya ingin di rumah saja bermain dengan hewan peliharaannya. Pengasuhnya, Nona Scott sudah tidak tahan mengasuhnya karena kebandelannya yang keterlaluan. Orang tua Elizabeth akan berpergian lama, oleh karenanya mereka mengirimkan Elizabeth ke sekolah...more
Ellen Isabella
Elizabeth Allen has been a naughty girl. All this time she studies in the house and there were many governesses had come and gone. Now only Mrs. Scott is left to teach her at home. Then Elizabeth's parents decide to send her to school called Whyteleafe. Elizabeth doesn't want to go but she has to.

Elizabeth doesn't like her school. She plans to act horridly so she will be sent home. She keeps on breaking the rules and doesn't care about any punishment. But then she meets Joan who has no friend an...more
Yovano N. (Opan)
Bisa juga dibaca di sini: http://kandangbaca.blogspot.com/2012/...

Cewek Paling Badung di Sekolah adalah seri pertama dari empat seri 'Si Badung' karya Enid Blyton. Meski saya tak banyak membaca karya-karya Enid Blyton yang lain (Lima Sekawan, Sapta Siaga, dll), saya termasuk beruntung sempat membaca buku ini waktu kecil.

Elizabeth Allen, 11 tahun, berparas manis, kaya, dan manja. Saking manjanya, ia jadi kurang ajar. Kelakuannya sangat nakal. Selama ini ia menjalani homescholling seperti anak-ana...more
E. Mellyberry
Nina, my 7yo girl, read this classic and she asked me to stamp 5★ into the review. It was rather a tough journey for her to finish this because according to her, some part of the book was just too sad.
When I asked her why she rated it 5★, my daughter explained that she was glad to learn that Elizabeth turned herself around, from being the naughtiest girl, to being a kind girl who cared so much about her best friend.

All right, girl. Five stars it is ;)
Mady
Jan 18, 2010 Mady rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mine, 2010
A new school series by Enid Blyton, which I'd never heard about! :)

Elisabeth is a spoiled kid who is sent to boarding school in order to learn to behave. She then tries her best to be very naughty so that teachers won't have a choice but to be send her back home as soon as possible. But slowly she becomes attached to the school and her colleagues annd soon enough Elisabeth is sad about leaving, until she's brave enough to change her mind.

It's fun to read, but this is so far from reality that I r...more
Luis
I read this book out loud to my daughters. The oldest one (10) loved it and want to read the next in the series. The youngest (6) enjoys more the books of kids in adventures. I'll read them one of the "Five" series next but I will go one with Elizabeth story in the future. The book is very attractive to kids, I still remember when I read these series as a child. The girls rated it, not me =).
CLM
May 16, 2009 CLM rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to CLM by: Chappaqua, NY library
Elizabeth Allen is such a rude and provoking child that her governess quits and her parents, in despair, send her to boarding school. To punish them for sending her away, Elizabeth is determined to be the naughtiest girl in the school and thus be expelled as quickly as possible.

Whyteleafe School is unusual because it is both co-ed and more or less self-governing (in an era where all schools in fiction were single sex and the teachers all powerful). The Head Boy and Girl are portrayed as so wise...more
Hil
I first read this in the mid-80s when I was about 8-10 or so and I really liked this series. I also read The Naughtiest Girl Again and The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor before this, but I recently found out there is a fourth one (and others written by someone else that I probably won't read!).

I know it's dated now and unrealistic even then - the children more or less run the school and make all the decisions - but there's something appealing to children about boarding school life where it seems a...more
Rebekah Zammit Munro
I liked it a lot but at first I did not like it much because I thought she was gonna be a patchetic little girl who is always grumbling about the rules in the school but then I noticed that was the way she was brought up. But then she noticed that it is a nice school.
Shivangi
a very well written book.... i seriously like it ....all the characters..especially the character of elizabeth.. i liked how she became a good and sensible girl from a rich and spoilt brat..
seriously..
love it.....
must read it...
bst book ever...........
Vedika
I liked this book. I read it about a year back, and think that it is a good book recommendation for people who aren't advanced readers, but still enjoy reading. Be sure to also try out the new books written by Anne Digbby.
Amina Hayat
The Naughtiest Girl is a very good series of books for children. It is a story of a girl name Elizabeth Allen who does't like school but is fascinated by her school.
Samy
What I liked about this book was the adventurous journey of Elizabeth Allen, who first hated school but then eventually started liking it and even became popular!
Mikx
Elizabeth is a spoilt brat and soon is shown the error of her ways when sent to a boarding school. If recommend this book to a girl who
is over 7 preferably.
Renae
Upon seeing this book and based on the title and the front cover only, I wasn't very fond it at all. But it's interesting and funny.
Have a read!
Dini Novita  Sari
Hihihi, kisah yang menarik dan menghibur! Nggak sabar baca kelanjutannya, Sekali Lagi si Paling Badung, yang juga ada di timbunan. Ehehehe. :D
  • The Naughtiest Girl Saves the Day (The Naughtiest Girl, #7)
  • New Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #7)
  • Jo of the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #2)
  • Autumn Term (The Marlows, #1)
  • Än lever Emil i Lönneberga
  • The Lottie Project
  • The Demon Headmaster
Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to editor Hugh Pollock, with whom she had tw...more
More about Enid Blyton...
The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2) The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1) Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1) The Faraway Tree Stories (The Faraway Tree #1-3) The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)

“I wonder where you got that idea from? I mean, the idea that it's feeble to change your mind once it's made up. That's a wrong idea, you know. Make up your mind about things, by all means - but if something happens to show that you are wrong, then it is feeble not to change your mind, Elizabeth. Only the strongest people have the pluck to change their minds, and say so, if they see they have been wrong in their ideas.” 24 likes