Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)

Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,164 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Alissa runs into this man everywhere she goes…coincidence, or part of some greater plan?

Alissa loves her new job as a travel agent in Pasadena —the chance to start over. But shortly after her arrival, an abrupt meeting with a man at her favorite espresso shop leaves her wondering if all men in California are rude and arrogant. Just like the ones she’s been hurt by recent...more
Published May 14th 2004 by Multnomah Publishers (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Sunsets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunsets

On a Whim by Robin Jones GunnComing Attractions by Robin Jones GunnPeculiar Treasures by Robin Jones GunnSisterchicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones GunnSummer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn
Robin Jones Gunn Books
41st out of 51 books — 15 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Merchant's Daughter by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenTorrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Clean teen fiction (Christian)
477th out of 511 books — 488 voters

More lists with this book...

Charlotte
I decided I love this series because even though the characters of each book are intertwined, you can still pick them up without worrying about not understanding something. Everyone's story pretty much ends in their book and any cameos they have in other books are more like extras than anything else. This makes it very easy for me because I'm mostly just checking out these books from the library and they don't have all the books so I can still enjoy these books without needing to skip some avail...more
Julie Barrett
sunsets glenbrooke series book 4 by robin jones gunn
elissa is a travel agent and is just moving into a new neighborhood. she doens't like longterm things so moves often. she recalls her past as things that happen brush into her life and she must deal with them.

she starts to believe in God again and things smoothen out and are easier to deal with. 3 of them start out to help move one of their sisters to oregon. things just get worse as they go on but her faith comes to the rescue again. the docto...more
Kerith
Alissa Benson from Gunn's earlier Christy Miller books resurfaces in this novel. She has lost that new-convert verve and is just coasting through life when she meets Brad Phillips (linked to Lauren Phillips of ECHOES, my favorite of the Glenbrooke books) -- here the story line rather breaks down a bit, as Brad is so abrasive and egotistical that it's hard to see the attraction between the two. Gunn's romantic streak takes over with the tale of Chet & Rosie, the lovely little duplex, and the...more
Michele Minor
This book is a good romance without any of the smut that is in some romance novels. I like it when Alissa hears about how an elderly couple had reunited in their seventies and the problems that they had gone through before reuniting with each other. Alissa runs into Brad and she starts to learn the lesson that the older couple can teach her. This book also has some of the other characters in the previous books in this series, with some of the author's humor included in the book.
Rachel
I found it amazing because I started off reading Christy Miller series another series by Robin Jones Gunn and in this book it talks about Alissa a girl in the Christy Miller series and now I know after reading this how her life is and all. In the Christy Miller series Alissa did something very wrong and didn't know about God or wasn't a Christian yet but now in this book it talks about her life after accepting Christ.
Patty Ritter
I really enjoy reading these books. Each installment has a captivating plot line. I love how everyone is intertwined. The books are also spiritually uplifting because they always bring a different viewpoint or way to find/show god's love. A truly good read for anyone willing for a little romance. :)
Kristine
This is one of those books that fans of the Christy Miller series will be biased toward as they see a familiar face in Alissa. It was nice to see her story see a happy ending given all the obstacles she overcame as a teenager. The way Robin manages to tie it into Glenbrooke is nice as well!
Ruth
I was first introduced to this character in Gunn's Christy Miller series and it is nice to see where she ends up. I found Brad and Alissa's relationship funny and real at the same thing. I enjoyed the read. However, I wish that her story would have been flushed out a bit more.
Haylie
Jun 26, 2007 Haylie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: romance
This is a really good book. It is mostly romance but not all of it. It has some tragedy in it, it is a little slow in the middle but not all that much. I couldn't put this book down!
A good story. I thought it could be better written and the theology was pretty shallow, but I enjoy the lives of those intertwined at Glenbrooke.
Joy Gerbode
Another great re-read! Wonderful story, nice romance, great characters, lots of fun, and just in general a comfortable, pleasurable read.
Natalia
I liked it, cause the characters were from other books of Robin J. Gunns, but it was also kinda obvious what was going to happen...
Jessica Fuller
Not as good as the other ones, but definitely not boring either. For it being in the middle of the series it was good.
Tiffany
Another great love story by Robin Jones Gunn. Love her<3 This one may have been my favorite of the Glenbrooke series.
Diana
Easy summer read. Makes me want to live in a cute duplex with colored water in the windows.
Christy Daniel
PG rated romance novel. Sappy, but sweet and interesting plot lines behind the love stories.
A more realistic love story compared to the first 3. On to book 5
Danni
I liked it but it was a little too much religion for my taste.
Emily
It was so good! One of my favorite Glenbrooke books!
Sharon
Female travel agent and the new next door neighbor
Jodi
Another great Glenbrooke series novel. Cute, sweet story.
Erin
This was my favorite book in Glenbrooke series.
Janneth
Not my favorite of the series. But, I enjoyed it.
Ashley
its another great story in the series!
Alissa
One of my all time favorite series.
Airys
Airys added it
Aug 31, 2014
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...
Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 1 (Christy Miller, #1-3) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 2 (Christy Miller, #4-6) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 3 (Christy Miller, #7-9) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 4 (Christy Miller, #10-12) Until Tomorrow (Christy and Todd: College Years #1)

“When the devil comes knocking on your door simply say "Jesus, it's for you.” 29 likes