Start by marking “Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)” as Want to Read:
Sunsets (Glenbrooke, #4)

Sunsets (Glenbrooke #4)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,505 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Alissa runs into this man everywhere she goes…coincidence, or part of some greater plan?

Alissa loves her new job as a travel agent in Pasadena —the chance to start over. But shortly after her arrival, an abrupt meeting with a man at her favorite espresso shop leaves her wondering if all men in California are rude and arrogant. Just like the ones she’s been hurt by recent
Published May 14th 2004 by Multnomah (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Sunsets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunsets

Michele Minor
Jul 28, 2009 Michele Minor rated it really liked it
This book is a good romance without any of the smut that is in some romance novels. I like it when Alissa hears about how an elderly couple had reunited in their seventies and the problems that they had gone through before reuniting with each other. Alissa runs into Brad and she starts to learn the lesson that the older couple can teach her. This book also has some of the other characters in the previous books in this series, with some of the author's humor included in the book.
Selah (abibliophilesstyle)
Not as cheesy as Echoes, but I found Alissa's and Brad's relationship frustrating. They squabble, have some serious miscommunications, and are new friends between times. The romance really comes out of left field. Chet and Rosie, however, are adorable. :) Again, like Gunn's other books, I'm not sure her theology is completely sound, and it seems to be very emotion driven.
Bree
Aug 15, 2015 Bree rated it really liked it
Christian contemporary romance. I really liked the ending.
Lena Morrison
Amy
Jul 11, 2014 Amy rated it liked it
This was a fangirl buy because I wanted to know what happened to the character of Alissa I met in the Christy Miller series I read and loved as a teen. As a fangirl I was disappointed there was no cameo from any other characters from that series. I would have loved to read more about Alissa's daughter as well.

However, not having cameos or having a big to do about a baby she gave up for adoption (this is all backstory so is not spoilers) is far more realistic.

There are spoilers for what I suspect
Charlotte
Sep 02, 2008 Charlotte rated it really liked it
I decided I love this series because even though the characters of each book are intertwined, you can still pick them up without worrying about not understanding something. Everyone's story pretty much ends in their book and any cameos they have in other books are more like extras than anything else. This makes it very easy for me because I'm mostly just checking out these books from the library and they don't have all the books so I can still enjoy these books without needing to skip some avail ...more
Kerith
Jul 26, 2011 Kerith rated it liked it
Alissa Benson from Gunn's earlier Christy Miller books resurfaces in this novel. She has lost that new-convert verve and is just coasting through life when she meets Brad Phillips (linked to Lauren Phillips of ECHOES, my favorite of the Glenbrooke books) -- here the story line rather breaks down a bit, as Brad is so abrasive and egotistical that it's hard to see the attraction between the two. Gunn's romantic streak takes over with the tale of Chet & Rosie, the lovely little duplex, and the ...more
Julie Barrett
Nov 01, 2011 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
sunsets glenbrooke series book 4 by robin jones gunn
elissa is a travel agent and is just moving into a new neighborhood. she doens't like longterm things so moves often. she recalls her past as things that happen brush into her life and she must deal with them.

she starts to believe in God again and things smoothen out and are easier to deal with. 3 of them start out to help move one of their sisters to oregon. things just get worse as they go on but her faith comes to the rescue again. the docto
Melissa
May 10, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful story. The characters are realistic, and it adds a certain quality to the story that almost takes your breath away. They’re not perfect, and they know it. But, they rely on God to help them make up for that. And that’s what makes it good. Plus, there is a very sweet and fun romance. The main characters are so engaging, especially when they are together, that it is impossible not to see they’re perfect for each other.
Dorothy
Mar 24, 2016 Dorothy rated it it was amazing
When I started this fourth book of the Glenbrooke series I couldn't figure out why it was part of the series since it was taking place in California. Then I understood the gentleman of the story is the brother of Lauren from the last book. The story is about Alissa, a travel agent, who as a teenager was a strong Christian but met a man who was not showing his faith. Now Alissa has problems and until she gets things straight with herself she will never be able to grow as a Christian.
Ashley Carmichael
Loved getting back to a character from my youth! But I did feel there might have been too much backstory to move the plot forward enough to be as compelling especially for there to be realistic ending between the two main characters which felt rushed and forced. The psychology of the character is important but was spent in her head too much for a believable relationship to form, which was a little disappointing.
Rachel
Oct 06, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
I found it amazing because I started off reading Christy Miller series another series by Robin Jones Gunn and in this book it talks about Alissa a girl in the Christy Miller series and now I know after reading this how her life is and all. In the Christy Miller series Alissa did something very wrong and didn't know about God or wasn't a Christian yet but now in this book it talks about her life after accepting Christ.
Patty Ritter
I really enjoy reading these books. Each installment has a captivating plot line. I love how everyone is intertwined. The books are also spiritually uplifting because they always bring a different viewpoint or way to find/show god's love. A truly good read for anyone willing for a little romance. :)
Joy Gerbode
Feb 27, 2011 Joy Gerbode rated it it was amazing
Another great re-read! Wonderful story, nice romance, great characters, lots of fun, and just in general a comfortable, pleasurable read.

May 2015 ... another great re-read. I am thoroughly enjoying the encouragement to strengthen my own relationship with God as I read these books this time.
Kristine
Jan 03, 2011 Kristine rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that fans of the Christy Miller series will be biased toward as they see a familiar face in Alissa. It was nice to see her story see a happy ending given all the obstacles she overcame as a teenager. The way Robin manages to tie it into Glenbrooke is nice as well!
Ruth
Jan 11, 2008 Ruth rated it liked it
I was first introduced to this character in Gunn's Christy Miller series and it is nice to see where she ends up. I found Brad and Alissa's relationship funny and real at the same thing. I enjoyed the read. However, I wish that her story would have been flushed out a bit more.
Kathryn
Feb 22, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
This has always been my favorite in the Glenbrooke series, and I think I've probably read it a half dozen times in the past 15 years. It's still a wonderful story, a slow romance with a lot of spiritual growth on the part of the main character. Love the hymns woven throughout the text.
Haylie
Jun 26, 2007 Haylie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: romance
This is a really good book. It is mostly romance but not all of it. It has some tragedy in it, it is a little slow in the middle but not all that much. I couldn't put this book down!
Jessica Fuller
Sep 20, 2010 Jessica Fuller rated it it was amazing
Not as good as the other ones, but definitely not boring either. For it being in the middle of the series it was good.
Rachel
May 05, 2015 Rachel rated it liked it
I think it's cool how Gunn mentions characters from other books and even wrote this book about a character mentioned often in the Christy Miller Series.
Shemeka Mitchell
Jan 20, 2016 Shemeka Mitchell rated it really liked it
This was an inspiring novel. Well written and the characters were well developed. I enjoyed it. I would have loved to read more about Chet and Rosie though.
Natalia
Aug 18, 2011 Natalia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, cause the characters were from other books of Robin J. Gunns, but it was also kinda obvious what was going to happen...
Tiffany
Dec 22, 2011 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Another great love story by Robin Jones Gunn. Love her<3 This one may have been my favorite of the Glenbrooke series.
Apr 22, 2014 Sarah rated it liked it
A good story. I thought it could be better written and the theology was pretty shallow, but I enjoy the lives of those intertwined at Glenbrooke.
Emily
Oct 13, 2008 Emily rated it it was amazing
It was so good! One of my favorite Glenbrooke books!
Danni
Feb 28, 2009 Danni rated it it was ok
I liked it but it was a little too much religion for my taste.
Sep 24, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Glenbrooke series! Love these!
Jodi
Jan 17, 2009 Jodi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-stories, adult
Another great Glenbrooke series novel. Cute, sweet story.
Erin
Jan 12, 2008 Erin rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book in Glenbrooke series.
Jerry
Jul 25, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it
This series delivers once again! If only I could get my hands on the remaining novels...
  • Not Exactly Eden
  • From the Ashes (Jennie McGrady Mysteries, #10)
  • A Dangerous Silence
  • The Visitor (The English Garden, #3)
  • The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3)
  • Treasure (Full Circle Series #4)
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten #2)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Shattered Justice (Family Honor Series #1)
  • The Icing on the Cake (Weddings by Design #2)
  • It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 90 books with more than 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide. Her Father Christmas books are a Hallmark Original movie. Her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Robin's novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and h ...more
More about Robin Jones Gunn...

Glenbrooke (9 books)
  • Secrets (Glenbrooke, #1)
  • Whispers (Glenbrooke, #2)
  • Echoes (Glenbrooke, #3)
  • Clouds (Glenbrooke, #5)
  • Waterfalls (Glenbrooke, #6)
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)
  • Wildflowers (Glenbrooke, #8)
  • Tea at Glenbrooke (Glenbrooke, #9)

“When the devil comes knocking on your door simply say "Jesus, it's for you.” 46 likes