Start by marking “Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)

Haunting Grace (Beyond Time #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Having endured years of an abusive marriage, Grace Evans finally walks out on her loveless marriage and boards a train for York. Within hours of arriving in the ancient city, her life is changed forever by a portrait in her hotel room...
Published September 27th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Haunting Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunting Grace

Pure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOf Poseidon by Anna BanksSilence by Becca FitzpatrickStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Breathtaking Book Covers
28th out of 203 books — 198 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. LewisThe Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Best Fantasy Series, Trilogies, and Duologies
343rd out of 1,650 books — 7,001 voters

More lists with this book...

Diane
I just finished reading this wonderful book. Now get a glass of wine and a nice cozy fire to curl up in front of
and listen to this great ghost story.

It is about a women Grace who has left her abusive husband and has trave to York
The story tell of how she meets a ghost from 400 years ago. She thinks she is loosing her mind.
Yet she feels close and safe with him. Things really start to happen when she see a picture of him and his wife.

You have to read it if you want to know what happens next.
Michael Vorhis
Haunted by Haunting
====================
Elizabeth Marshall might be tempted to consider herself somewhat outside her normal genre when writing ghost stories. Readers may wonder what to expect with Haunting Grace. But I'll tell you: She had me by the second paragraph.

Of the prologue.

Haunting Grace carries the same warm, human element of other Elizabeth Marshall works. We get to know main character Grace by her recent tribulations; we commisserate with her as she begins a new life, vascillating bet
L.K. Jay
I started to read the first instalment of this trilogy and I haven't been able to put my Kindle down until I had read all three parts. I love a good ghost story and I love York as well so the two go really well together.

Grace has just left her husband and moved to York where she takes a hotel room and is fascinated by a portrait hanging in the room. From then on we follow the story of how Graces' life changes quite dramatically.

This was a real page turner and it is satisfying when you see all
Zoe Saadia
A delightful story!
I'm usually not into fantasy or anything paranormal, but Elizabeth Marshal's book turned out to be a delightful read. Just the book to curl with on the sofa.
This author has a great imagination and lots of courage to cross the borders of the accepted science facts. All these combined with the lovely characters and a very thorough researched historical setting, turned this story into a great read. Although I must to admit, after reading "When Fate Dictates" I had expected nothin
Elaine Mcdonald
This book is 30 pages, the second is 36 pages and the third book in this "series" is 30 pages. If you read all three books, for a total of 96 pages it is still just a short story. The premise of the book is interesting. But I will not be purchasing the rest of this series. The writing does not flow smoothly and I just don't see it being worth $1.98 to finish this book.
Judith Leger
I downloaded Haunting Grace because it was free. It sounded like an interesting book. I wasn't disappointed. The story starts with Grace arriving in York after leaving her husband. Strange things start to happen concerning a ghost. The entire story was well written and I looked forward to reading the rest. The scenes with the ghost fascinated me. Almost as if I was there with Grace.
Traci
One of three short stories about a woman who sees a picture in her hotel room of a man who lived in the past. For being so short, it was good. I will find the others.
Naomibrooksnaomi Brooks
for such a short story its really good keeps u sucked in to the very end,i gave it 4 stars because of that reason,and minus a star because its sooo short
Lori
I loved this book, and I'm so glad I found it. It is an amazing story and a great read. I can't wait to read the next one. :)
Christine
I'm not sure how to rate this short story. I don't care for most short stories and this one is really short. It ends on a completely unnecessary cliffhanger. The next two stories in this "trilogy" appear to be just as short, so I'm not sure why they were not combined into a single short novella. For how short it is and how abruptly (and unnecessarily) it stops mid-story, I want to give it only one star. BUT...

I was pleasantly surprised by the writing. Most of the freebies I've read are clearly "
Laura Summers
Reviewed for www.bookchickcity.com

HAUNTING GRACE, CHANGING GRACE and SAVING GRACE are three short stories that together comprise a novella. At the time of writing this review, they are all free to download on Kindle (UK), so I thought I’d give them a whirl. As they are all essentially three parts of one story, I’ve found it easier to review them as one. Each are a quick read, and I read each in the space of an hour. So if you fancy something a little bit different one evening, they’re worth pick
Mirely
Grace is unhappy in her marriage. She decides to pack her things and leaves her husband and daughter behind. She moves to York, finds a job and is staying at a hotel. In her hotel room hangs a portrait of the man who used to own the place. The man in the portrait starts to haunt Grace in a most peculiar way... and I think she kind of likes it.

This very short story is well written and is one of three books in the series. All of the books in the series are short in length. The very last sentence
Karin Corneau
Short, sweet and to the point. Overall this was a decent story with an interesting premise. However (and this may just be me) I found the writing a little tiresome. I just couldn't get invested in any of the characters as I really know nothing about them. I'm not even sure what Grace looks like (may have missed something there) and the overuse of the characters names during conversation got really irritating. To be honest I found it a bit amateurish but again this is just my opinion. I started r ...more
Marilyn
I enjoyed this quick, short read with a cliff hanger. I was also happy to have the other two books in which the story continues. It was an interesting, ghost, time travel, story with a wonderful ending at the end of book 3. Really, grab these books, you won't regret it if you are into those genres.
Definitely well written and interesting. I'm only disappointed in the abrupt ending. It was a good spot to end on to make a cliff hanger but was just so abruptly done. I will definitely read the next books in the series.
Kirsten
Fun and quick read. I wish that there had been more to it, but I believe that it is a continuing series. I would love to read the rest to see how the story finally comes together.
Sherry
in this short story, Grace discovers herself being haunted by Robert Hamilton after she moves into a hotel room that was first Roberts' some 400 years earlier
Shawn
This was a time travel romance and I loved it! She leaves her cruel husband and finds a new world she never imagined possible. Book 1 of 3.
*Angela*
A decent story, but not complete. I imagine that if all 3 short stories were printed together, it would be complete.
Erin
It's part of a 3 book story, all very short. The third one had an abrupt ending that made me wonder if that was it...and it was.
Kendall Koch
This book is a great way for people who like paranormal things, like time travling and other creepy things.
Delaney  Burton
I really enjoyed this short story and can't wait to see what happens in the next one.
Lisa
I enjoyed reading this little tale but it was very predictable and far too short!
Rebecca
I enjoyed reading these short stories just wish they would have been full length novels.
Christina Sanders
Pretty good for a short story, which I usually do not care for.
Shayna Varadeaux
Not my cup of tea. Not big on really short stories.
Shelly
Read 37% of this and really didn't like it.
Elizabeth Cribb
Loved one and two. Planning on number three.
Donnajo
nook. short book 81 pages. freebie.
Sue
Short but enjoyable.
  • Haunted
  • A Gift of Thought (Tassamara, #2)
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Dare to Bleed (Emily Sullivan, #1)
  • Blood Iris 2012
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Border Lord's Bride
  • Cursed (Touched, #1)
  • Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5)
  • Sunrise at Sunset (1st Edition) (Sunset Vampire, DISCONTINUED EDITION)
  • The Indie Eclective: The Halloween Collection
  • Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Niki Slobodian, #1)
  • Fanged Love (The Vampire from Hell, #0.5)
  • Flashy Fiction and Other Insane Tales
  • Wildly
  • Haunted Moon (Moon Coven, #0.5)
  • Me, Myself and I (Dark Reflections, #1)
Elizabeth Marshall is the pen name of the author of the ‘Highland Secret Series’. She was born on Christmas Eve at St Mary’s Hospital, at the Marianhill Monastery, in the province of Natal, South Africa.

Elizabeth grew up in a small village called Hillcrest surrounded by a large Scottish farming family.

Her primary education was delivered by Nuns from the Monastery in which she was born. The teachi
More about Elizabeth Marshall...
Changing Grace (Beyond Time, #2) Saving Grace (Beyond Time, #3) When Fate Dictates (Highland Secrets, #1) Beyond Time (Highland Secret Series #2) Entwined (Highland Secret Series, #3)