Start by marking “Defiant Captive” as Want to Read:
Defiant Captive

Defiant Captive

An innocent beauty is kidnapped by a handsome, powerful lord who mistakes her for his missing wife. Once Alexandra's heart is conquered in a new burning passion, their rapturous love is threatened by the schemes of the lord's vengeful enemies.
Published May 5th 1990 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Defiant Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defiant Captive

The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. WoodiwissSweet Savage Love by Rosemary RogersThe Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. WoodiwissStormfire by Christine MonsonFires of Winter by Johanna Lindsey
The Real Bodice Rippers
68th out of 89 books — 174 voters
Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtPrisoner of My Desire by Johanna LindseyThe Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. WoodiwissUntil You by Judith McNaught
Best Bodice Ripper Romances
205th out of 293 books — 616 voters

More lists with this book...

Tina
Book is called the Defiant Captive, as such, this book is just one annoying fight after another. The constant raping, smacking, bickering, and ranting never stops. I find books like this utterly exhausting to read, not to mention aggravating. I wished these two would just get it over with and kill each other and call it a day.

I heard somewhere that this was the author's first book, although it was repetitive at times, her writing wasn't bad for a first novel.
Aurian Booklover
Nov 13, 2012 Aurian Booklover rated it it was ok
I really have no idea why I kept reading this book. Hawke is horrible, believing the worst possible things, and punishing Alexandra time and again. In my eyes, he could not possibly be redeemed. She would marry him, he would make her, force her. So why Alexandra was suddenly in love with him, is beyond me. Because he made her feel passion? Against her will?

I knew this was an old historical romance, Christina Skye’s first book. I do love her romantic suspense, and I also enjoy her historical gho
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Whatever will I say for this one? I've read only one other book of Christina Skye and I liked it pretty much. This one was equally nice as a story in the whole. What I itched to do though, was to smack the hero in the head! I mean how can someone confuse his wife with a stranger, do and say all these horrible things because he loathes her? I totally thought that the hero was crazy in some part. Thankfully the ending was kind of smooth or else I would have thought that it was a story written in a ...more
Meredith
Found this via the Smart Bitches website and thought I'd try it. It was okay - nothing spectacular. I don't really understand why the heroine fell for the hero, considering he kept her prisoner for most of the book and was generally unpleasant, but I guess there's no accounting for taste.
Lady Raven RAVE!
Dec 29, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it liked it
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

Some world wind, when I read this book this guy was very very over baring but it was an ok read for me ..didn't agree with her first time but he didn't know. You have to read it for yourself..but it was readable...
100sweet
Mar 17, 2016 100sweet rated it did not like it
DNF @ 50%.

I thought after the H treated the h so badly he would be remorseful but the story was just the h being mistreated over and over again.
fiasco
Aug 31, 2016 fiasco rated it did not like it
thank God, i finally reach the last page.
if we've hero like the one in this story who needs a villain. story's start was quite interesting but after, OK let say 70 pages it was intolerable for me..
Lilly
Lilly rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2012
Peach
Peach rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Fannie
Fannie rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2012
Sheena Westerman
Sheena Westerman rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2014
FeliciaKaren
FeliciaKaren rated it it was ok
May 21, 2014
Callan
Callan rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2013
Vellini
Vellini rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Stepper
Stepper rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2012
Nada
Nada rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2008
Allison Bassi
Allison Bassi rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Jazkle44
Jazkle44 rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2009
Katie May
Katie May rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Karim Soltani
Karim Soltani rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Lee-anne
Lee-anne rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2012
Rocky
Rocky rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2015
TNje
TNje rated it did not like it
Sep 17, 2016
Laura Lopez-ortiz
Laura Lopez-ortiz rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Giaghazal
Giaghazal rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Caroline
Caroline rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Highest Stakes of All
  • Caress and Conquer
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • Pagan Lover
  • Fiesta San Antonio (Cord & Stacy #2)
  • Scarlet Angel
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
  • Valentina
  • Never Call It Love
  • Lily
  • A Heart For The Taking
  • Bond of Blood
  • The Taming (Cameron, #1)
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Twist of Fate
  • Return To Me (Logan Duology #2)
  • Haunting Love Stories (Draycott Abbey #.4)
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob
More about Christina Skye...