Start by marking “I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads” as Want to Read:
I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads

I Never Thought I'd See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads

Is Western civilization in an accelerating decline? And if it continues will it eventually weaken and cause us to come to the end of cultured civilization as we now know it? "Yes," says David Jeremiah, and in his book, I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY! he details numerous signs of this cultural decay including:

America held hostage by Iran Marriage becoming obsolete Creepi
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Never Thought I'd See the Day!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Never Thought I'd See the Day!

Jan 10, 2012 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am currently reading this book and it really shows you how far this country and the world has come and how we have changed gradually for the worse without even realizing it. The things that this country was founded on and what most people believed is now being attacked. Some of what has happened is due to christians being complacent and letting things happen without standing up for what is right. This country was founded upon the principles laid out in the bible and now the bible is treated to ...more
Teri Moote
Nov 01, 2011 Teri Moote rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The title says it all. There are so many things that I never thought would be happening here. A good, thought-provoking book about our culture today and the direction we're heading, from a biblical perspective. There were several chapters that really struck a chord with me; giving me new insight and understanding - into educating our children and into the battle in the Middle East. The book covers a lot of ground.
Jan 14, 2012 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
I think other conservatives will agree with me that times have really changed, and not necessarily for the better. This one is an eye-opener
Harold Cameron
Sep 05, 2012 Harold Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am 56 years old and I have heard a number of different people young and old say “I never thought I’d see the day,” for a number of different reasons – but all relating to some major change or changes that have occurred in our society, in our culture, and the way we live as well as treat one another.

In his compelling book, Dr. David Jeremiah, senior Pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon, California and New York Times bestselling author, hits the proverbial “nail on the head” wh
Jul 10, 2013 Steve rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This October 2011 release from radio and TV pastor Dr. David Jeremiah is a wake-up call for America.
It's a natural companion and follow-up to Jeremiah's earlier release, "What in the World is Going On?"
I had the privilege of interviewing the author following that title's publication.

In his latest trumpet call, Jeremiah goes behind the headlines to put the spotlight on angry atheists, indifferent Christians, a profaned Jesus, obsolete marriage, a morality in free fall, a marginalized Bible, an ir
Heath Marion
Sep 17, 2012 Heath Marion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title of this book captured my thoughts as I wondered what this pastor had to say about what is happening today. As a young pastor I wanted to read the thoughts of a pastor who has faithfully ministered for several decade to thousands of people.

This is not a book filled with ranting about the good old days from a person who longs to live in the past. Dr. Jeremiah walks us through Western civilization changes and how it is impacting marriages, families, and children today. He demonstrates wit
Apr 24, 2012 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very well written book. Because of the vast amount of detail and information in this book, I do not recommend that people purchase the audiobook version, until you have read this book. There is so much information you will get easily bored and lost listening to an audio book. In this book Dr. Jeremiah addresses nine issues, which he believes, have significant implications on the church and the culture. The chapters in this book are as follows.

1. When Atheists would be Angry
2. When Chri
Cathy Cramer
I read this book after my sister and mom. I think this book is mostly for younger people who don't understand how today's popular culture differs from the tenets of Christianity or for older people who don't understand the cultural drift away from the Christian nation they remember. As for my part, I never remember living in a culture supportive of Christianity. To me, choosing to be a Christian has always been counter-cultural, as well as a clear choice in opening oneself up to criticism. I sti ...more
Don Weidinger
May 17, 2015 Don Weidinger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
departure from God’s standard, one forward two back, met the enemy he is us, screaming foolish atheists brights prideful, believers deeper wider grounded, ussr 6m abortions 40k to 1k churches, inquisition 2k 350 years, hitler mao stalin 100m, 137m atheists 2%, war of terror is fear intimidation, spiritual warfare Art of War know enemy and self, evil deceives divides ruins Job, battleground not a playground, infiltration as dead animal, lure of business social media debt good causes, Jefferson bi ...more
Dave Jones
I got this book for Christmas.

David Jeremiah is excellent. He has a well-researched (I'm one of those OCD-types who actually reads footnotes!), observer of popular culture and how its present state relates to Biblical principles in about 8 or 9 different arenas. However, this is not yet another "going to Hell in a handbasket" tomes. He does inject hope in this work and wraps it up by showing how this affects us personally.

Jan 08, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miscellaneous
Biblical insight into nine areas where our world, our nation, our churches, and ourselves (ouch) are not where we should be according to the truth contained in God's Word.

But, don't worry, all can change if ... [no spoilers here]

Read the entire book, checking the Bible references as you go, and then take action based on the last chapter!!

Excellent insight into how we got here, and what each of us can do about it.
Sabrina Laitinen
Oct 22, 2011 Sabrina Laitinen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of information in this book and it took me longer than I anticipated to read and process Dr. Jeremiah's teachings in this fascinating read.

It truly is inspiring and uplifting and brings home a message taht we must be wary and vigilant in these turbulent times.

I learned a lot, especially about the Middle East, and will surely recommend this book.
Fred Thompson
Apr 19, 2012 Fred Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Jeremiah reveals the extent of moral and ethical decline in America and, indeed, in the world today. He talks about the shift from moral, Biblical values to today's "anything goes" ethos.
Mar 24, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.....stop and think about WHY some things are happening in the world today
Pat Burgesser
Jun 10, 2014 Pat Burgesser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic commentary on current culture.
Sheila Myers
Feb 14, 2016 Sheila Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
A book every Christian should read. Dr Jeremiah does an excellent job of describing the cultural decline in nine areas of our lives. More important are the points made about we, as Christians, should respond to these changes.
Marvene Subera
May 06, 2016 Marvene Subera rated it it was amazing
P poo put

U r Abwe

A very thoughtful and enlightening study of critical world events of the recent past , biblical history.
Jul 17, 2015 Judah marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Nothing against David Jeremiah (he's actually the only TV preacher that seems to be solid in his theology, at least from what I've gleaned), but I've grown tired of the trumpets of doom. I don't deny that the Western is at a crisis point, but I'm starting to lean toward the idea that American civic religion is dead and that is a very good thing (now if only MTD would die). This is not to say that Jeremiah is using this book as a gloom and doom platform, but rather this book was started in my bri ...more
Oct 19, 2014 Matt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
This book covered a lot of different topics and had a lot of good stuff in it. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. I look forward to reading more from David Jeremiah!
Jeff Carpenter
Apr 05, 2014 Jeff Carpenter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Another good one from Jeremiah!
Excellent book on changes & what they mean.
I won this book from a Goodreads give away. I really tried to read it but just could not connect with it. I did pass the book along to my dad - who could and did connect with it. I think he could better identify with what David Jeremiah was trying to say. He was pleased with the book where I could not get through it. Maybe you need to be of the same generation as the author to identify with it.
Toni L.
Dec 27, 2015 Toni L. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I really liked the way this was book was written. It could easily have been a tale of gloom and doom but Dr. Jeremiah kept the focus where it belongs - on Jesus. This helped to see what the problems are and to see how they should be addressed in a biblical way.
Ingrid Shanklin
Jul 15, 2013 Ingrid Shanklin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very comprehensive read,on that should be on every Kingdom citizen's reading list. It's what's not being reported in the news, but what everyone should know.
Nov 27, 2011 Will rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read several complete chapters and merely skimmed the rest.
Harriett Shooter
Not earth shaking, but some interesting points
Brandy Smith
Dec 13, 2013 Brandy Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always very informative
Innocent Dlamini
Innocent Dlamini marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016
Kathie added it
Oct 19, 2016
Jimmy Chavedo
Jimmy Chavedo marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2016
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • Passing It On: Growing Your Future Leaders
  • Dancing with Max: A Mother and Son Who Broke Free
  • The Cause Within You: Finding the One Great Thing You Were Created to Do in This World
  • The Seven Prayers God Always Answers: God's Promises for Everyone,  Everywhere,  Every Time
  • Balancing the Christian Life
  • A Popular Survey of the Old Testament
  • Creation and Time: A Biblical and Scientific Perspective on the Creation-Date Controversy
  • Correct, Not Politically Correct: How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone
  • God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You
  • Interpreting the Symbols and Types
  • A Faith of Our Own: Following Jesus Beyond the Culture Wars
  • Quitting Church: Why the Faithful Are Fleeing and What to Do about It
Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, felt God’s calling on his life at a very early age. Born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio, Dr. Jeremiah was raised in a family deeply committed to ministry. At the age of eleven, Dr. Jeremiah and his family moved to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremia ...more
More about David Jeremiah...