Start by marking “Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost” as Want to Read:
Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost

Ghosthunters #2: Ghosthunters and the Gruesome Invincible Lightning Ghost (Ghosthunters #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  480 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Book 2 in the GHOSTHUNTERS series of frighteningly funny paperback originals by the phenomenal Cornelia Funke! After banishing the Incredibly Revolting Ghost of book 1, Tom, former klutz, Hugo, still an Averagely Spooky Ghost (ASG to the uninitiated), and Hetty Hyssop, current world-renowned ghosthunter, have formed an agency dedicated to dealing with difficult apparitions ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Ghosthunters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosthunters #2

Simon
Well that was interesting. The book was most certainly written for the audiences of those who have yet to have devolved body parts and have voiced drop. But still, I remember seeing these books in scholastic magazine, back in the day when my family used to actually order from it. I had always wanted to read them but was "too young" for them.
None the less, these books are incredibly inventive and new, using old and done before ideas. Good piece of work.

In this particular story, I liked the idea o
Elena Delos (EscribadeAvalon)
Al fin, no he podido pillarlos y leer en orden la saga de "Hugo" pero estoy feliz de haber encontrado en Filsa este tomo que no tenía (el tercero de mi colección). Me encanta como todo puede resultar muy infantil y gracioso y de pronto... tengo miedo!! estas seguro serán lecturas que les haré a mis futuros hijos! :)
Tristin
I like this book because it states why the boy is a Ghosthunter, also it states why he hunts ghost, for example: Hetty Hyssopos is the main ghosthunter and he has a team of ghost that help him fight them off. (page 1), another example: is that Hetty really has fun hunting ghost and loves to fight the bad one.(page 4)
My cousin Jaylin will like this book because it talks about how fun ghosthunting is, Also it talks about how it is active for young kids like myself and it takes you on an adventure.
Lisa
Silly story- but good for little kids. Audio.
Min
Funke's talent as a writer and illustrator bring this mad-cap adventure a sense of child-thrilling doom and delight with our brave and resourceful characters fighting ghosts of every shape and size using surprising methods.
The author, kindly, provides the reader with a guide at the end of each book regarding how to prepare and best combat any of the otherworldly creatures should they be encountered.
Always wear red and keep a mirror handy!
Jacob H.
this book was given only two stars because it is not a good book at all. it has very little detail and is not very real. even though it is a fiction book it still so unreal that it is bad. the characters are to unreal, one of the ghost hunters is a ghost him self. the ghost hunters are old and one is young and the book said it is a job filled with danger to y is he only 10 or 11.
Eoin
I liked this one even better than the first. It was funny and creative. The type of ghost that was battled in this story had a lot more complications than the ghost in the first book which made for a more complex and generally better story.
Charles Streams
This book was better than the first one. It had some funnier parts taking place in a hotel and with the hotel manager. I think part of the description of some parts of this book were lost in the translation, but still a fun read.
Aaron
Feb 22, 2008 Aaron rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Marissa, Julia, Weston
aaron

you should read this book because I want you to know about the whole thing because it is real]y good.

The scariest part is when the hand comes out of the elevator.
Merrylinn
What a fun book for children beginning to read chapter books. Ghosts are a fun subject, slightly scary. This book, and the series, are fun, funny, and fast-paced.
Sayan
it is well writtten
Beka
A fun series about a boy, his grandmother's friend who hunts ghosts, and their not-so-scary ghost friend who helps them. Very fun and imaginative.
Jenni
Lovely! My children and I LOVED listening to this book. The narrator is great, and it's a well written story. We've already dove into book 3.
Susan
J loves this series. It is just silliness and fun and all things light while still having a little bit of a scary edge to make it thrilling!
Vedant Patil
Read this years ago..
Good for kids in early teens....

Also for adults who wanna take a break from serious reading and chillax...
Tamra
My 10 year old really likes this series. The language can be a little beyond his reading level at times, but the plots have him hooked.
Rebecca
This book is good for young elementary students who enjoy a good laugh at a book and don't want to be too scared.
Christy
Hetty Heslop and company fight fire ghosts and lightning ghosts with icing and spit.
Oliver
I liked it because there wasn't just one ghost, there were a lot of little ghosts.
Frank
I liked this one even better than the first one. Again a fun book for me to read.
Lesley
Book #2 in a cute, funny series for elementary school kids. Mine loved it!
Kirsten
I was disappointed with this book. It was really quite boring.
Hope
Very fun romp from an excellent author :)
Beth
Another great book to listen to.
Angela
Fun and campy ghosthunting romp!
Beth
Ethan gives it two thumbs up!
Emelia
BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE!!
  • The Attack of the Aqua Apes (Ghosts of Fear Street, #3)
  • Arachnid The Spider King (Beast Quest, #11)
  • Nurk: The Strange, Surprising Adventures of a (Somewhat) Brave Shrew
  • Am Samstag kam das Sams zurück (Sams, #2)
  • The Ghost, the White House and Me
  • Secrets Of Deltora
  • Der Räuber Hotzenplotz: Eine Kasperlgeschichte (Hotzenplotz, #1)
  • The Nine Pound Hammer (The Clockwork Dark, #1)
  • The Case of the Black-hooded Hangman (Hank the Cowdog, #24)
  • The Margrave (Relic Master, #4)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
Cornelia Caroline Funke is a multiple award-winning German author of children's and YA fiction. She is best known for her Inkheart trilogy. The Inkheart books have gained a variety of attention, and critics have praised Funke as the "German J. K. Rowling". Her books are very popular in her native country, and many have now been translated into English. Her work fits mainly into the fantasy and adv ...more
More about Cornelia Funke...
Inkheart (Inkworld, #1) Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) The Thief Lord Dragon Rider Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3)