Start by marking “The Best Places for Everything: The Ultimate Insider's Guide to the Greatest Experiences Around the World” as Want to Read:

3.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
An all-access pass to the most unique, inspiring, and life-changing experiences on Earth.

Travel isn't just about the destination—it's about the experience. Now, the very best places to experience anything—from bungee-jumping and French cooking classes to whitewater rafting and seeing the Northern Lights—are revealed and collected in this inspiring and definitive guide.

New
Published May 8th 2012 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about The Best Places for Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Places for Everything

Jenny GB
Nov 21, 2012 Jenny GB rated it liked it
Obviously a book like this will invite arguments over it, but clearly the author is well traveled and has experienced a lot in the different places he has visited. From the places I've been and things I've done I would say he make solid recommendations in many categories. I would use this book after I decided on a travel destination to flesh out my trip and decide what unique things I might want to see or do in the area. It's not written with a lot of detail about cost, locations, hours, etc. bu ...more
Phil
Jan 06, 2013 Phil rated it did not like it
Shelves: travel
Disappointing. Greenberg's definition of life-changing experiences doen't match mine. If I want to know where to go bungee-jumping in Botswana, this might help, but it's just a wordy collection of half-complete lists of where to do what. This is one of the reasons we have libraries - so we can pick up a $20 book and have no regrets when it's not for us. Try that with your e-book!

C.René
May 11, 2013 C.René rated it really liked it
Found this book to be a great travel resource! It's not the end-all-be-all as some reviewers seem to have wanted, but I didn't expect it to be. I loved the diverse categories from the normal food recommendations to the best 'hunt for gems and gold'.
Amy Yazdani
Amy Yazdani marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Akın Özen
Akın Özen is currently reading it
Mar 23, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Joe B
Joe B marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Amy Dobrzynski
Amy Dobrzynski marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Becky Sundquist
Becky Sundquist rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Dianne Vick
Dianne Vick rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Norma piloto
Norma piloto rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Aracelis
Aracelis marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Raliza Kamarudin
Raliza Kamarudin marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Kendal
Kendal rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Edwina
Edwina added it
Nov 18, 2014
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Nancy M
Nancy M rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2014
Sara Frutuoso
Sara Frutuoso marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Blueanimestar101
Blueanimestar101 is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Callee Jaeger
Callee Jaeger rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014