The Best Places for Everything: The Ultimate Insider's Guide to the Greatest Experiences Around the World

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
An all-access pass to the most unique, inspiring, and life-changing experiences on Earth.

Travel isn’t just about the destination—it’s about the experience. Now, the very best places to experience anything—from bungee-jumping and French cooking classes to whitewater rafting and seeing the Northern Lights—are revealed and collected in this inspiring and definitive guide.

New...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Rodale Books

Jenny GB
Obviously a book like this will invite arguments over it, but clearly the author is well traveled and has experienced a lot in the different places he has visited. From the places I've been and things I've done I would say he make solid recommendations in many categories. I would use this book after I decided on a travel destination to flesh out my trip and decide what unique things I might want to see or do in the area. It's not written with a lot of detail about cost, locations, hours, etc. bu...more
Phil
Jan 06, 2013 Phil rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: travel
Disappointing. Greenberg's definition of life-changing experiences doen't match mine. If I want to know where to go bungee-jumping in Botswana, this might help, but it's just a wordy collection of half-complete lists of where to do what. This is one of the reasons we have libraries - so we can pick up a $20 book and have no regrets when it's not for us. Try that with your e-book!

C.René
Found this book to be a great travel resource! It's not the end-all-be-all as some reviewers seem to have wanted, but I didn't expect it to be. I loved the diverse categories from the normal food recommendations to the best 'hunt for gems and gold'.
Blueanimestar101
Blueanimestar101 is currently reading it
Jul 12, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Andreia
Andreia is currently reading it
Jan 15, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Sara S.
Sara S. marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2013
Ysanne
Ysanne marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Karen Tang
Karen Tang marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2013
Adriennem.
Adriennem. marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Andria
Andria marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Kim DeCina
Kim DeCina marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Wendy Miessler
Wendy Miessler is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2013
Brin
Brin marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Keith
Keith marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Jewel
Jewel marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Don't Go There! The Travel Detective's Essential Guide to the Must-Miss Places of the World The Travel Detective: How to Get the Best Service and the Best Deals from Airlines, Hotels, Cruise Ships, and Car Rental Agencies The Complete Travel Detective Bible: The Consummate Insider Tells You What You Need to Know in an Increasingly Complex World Tough Times, Great Travels: The Travel Detective's Guide to Hidden Deals, Unadvertised Bargains, and Great Experiences Hotel Secrets from the Travel Detective: Insider Tips on Getting the Best Value, Service, and Security in Accommodations from Bed-and-Breakfasts to Five-Star Resorts