Start by marking “Always Me” as Want to Read:
Always Me

Always Me

By the summer, Tatiana “Nicky” Roman must learn to trust Xander Day if she’s ever going to discover the origin of her violent hallucinations. But centuries of being repeatedly murdered by him on July 17th are a little hard to forgive.

Over four hundred years ago, Xander thought the holy man’s prophetic words were as crazy as his eyes—that Alexander and Tatiana were destined
Nook, 0 pages
Published August 31st 2011 by Kelly Riad, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Always Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Me

Rhomy
Dec 23, 2012 Rhomy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, young-adult
4.5 stars :)

4.5 Stars speak for themselves!

This was a really good book. I was drawn by this wonderful story from the first moment.
I loved the characters, the plot, the writing and the way the author showed her knowledge of history and poetry in a smooth way and without turning it into a boring read.

It is a story about reincarnation but is far from being similar to others!
The main characters are Nicky and Xander, who meet in high school. Or at least, that's what Nicky thinks ;)

The book begins
Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World)
Dec 16, 2012 Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World) rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I really really liked Always Me. It's a very interesting story of a reincarnated couple, and before you go rolling your eyes and think 'yeah, read that before', let me tell you that Always Me isn't really like other stories about reincarnation. Yes, there is love and all but it's also dark and has it's fare share of hate.

Nicky is a rich, good girl that has always suffered from nightmares, horrible nightmares of either herself or other people dying, painful and slow death. When one day she meets
Naj (Unputdownable Books)
Dec 14, 2012 Naj (Unputdownable Books) rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
It's amazing how the books you put off for awhile are the books that end up being the really great ones you nearly did not read at all. Always Me is one of those wonderful books that tend to get neglected.

This is a brilliant book that takes an old tale that is modernized with a paranormal twist to it. Though, I'm a little taken aback by paranormal books now-a-days. Always Me, makes me want to get back into it.

The main character Nicky is your average teen born into a rich family, with high standa
April Soos
Dec 12, 2012 April Soos rated it really liked it
Always Me draws us into a world unlike any other. We’re immediately introduced to most of the important characters in the novel, thank goodness! Nicky is a seventeen year old girl, born into a wealthy family with stern albeit loving parents. She attends a boarding school, Damascus Academy, and as perfect of a life as that might all seem, it’s not.

Nicky (or Tatiana if you prefer to use her first name) isn’t one of my favorite characters in the beginning. Honestly, I kind of wanted to smack her an
Angie
Dec 15, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicky has been plagued with horrific hallucinations and nightmares for as long as she can remember, but they feel more like memories. She also bares a strange scar near her ribcage, but no one knows how she got it. Now at the age of 17, her hallucinations are becoming more vivid and frequent, and now they involve a boy at her school. He knows something, but he won't say what. Nicky thinks she's going crazy, but deep down she knows she's not.

Nicky is a little hard to warm up to. She has an elitis
Stephanie Ward
Dec 18, 2012 Stephanie Ward rated it really liked it
'Always Me' is a fast paced and enchanting young adult fantasy novel that follows the main character, Tatiana "Nicky" Roman as she struggles to deal with the nightmares and hallucinations that have plagued her since she was a little girl. One day at her boarding school, Nicky meets Xander Day - who has an unexpected effect on her. Without knowing how or why, Nicky feels as if she knows Xander very well - without ever having met him before. Through hypnosis sessions, Nicky discovers that she has ...more
Ashley Byland
Dec 27, 2012 Ashley Byland rated it it was amazing
The blurb for this book really attracted me to it. It isn't your typical, ya paranormal love story, which I do love, but this one intrigued me so much, I just had to read it. I had to know how it was going to play out and what made Nicky instantly hate Xander, and also, why was she seeing gaping wounds and blood?

When we meet Nicky, she seems like a very nice, elites girl, who sadly seems to suffer from horrific nightmares. These nightmares would turn anyone's hair grey. Just reading about them a
Pragya
Dec 24, 2012 Pragya rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone

This is one of those books that doesn’t grab you with the first sentence but as you keep on reading, it seems to grow on you. And then you can’t put it down.

After I was past the initial confusion, I realized that the idea behind the book was very unique and just WOW.

There are two main characters – Nicky and Xander. I found myself rooting for Nicky while feeling the same as Nicky felt towards Xander, a pull and yet a deep-rooted fear. Now when I start feeling for a book’s characters, I r
Step Into Fiction
Jan 16, 2013 Step Into Fiction rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ashley

Read full review at Step Into Fiction

Review completed by: Ashley
Beth Weston
Jul 29, 2012 Beth Weston rated it really liked it
This was the very first e-book I ever read that was published by an indie author!

I picked up this book on a Saturday morning and had it finished before I went to bed that night. Always Me has the makings to be a stand out in the YA thriller/supernatural genre. At times I did not like the heroine, Nicky, as a person, but I felt compelled to read more to see what makes her tick. I was not disappointed. With unconventional characters and a precise attention to historical detail, you really cannot
Aubrey Davidson
Aug 02, 2012 Aubrey Davidson rated it it was amazing
This is an exceptional book - it sucked me in right away and I couldn't put it down! Nicky is an unconventional heroine; complex and detailed. The author does a fantastic job of making her characters real - they are definitely flawed, which makes them so much more interesting! Both the story and the characters are incredibly unique. Always Me is fast paced and exciting, but doesn't really compare to other stories - I've never read anything like it before. I whole heartedly recommend!
Anna Koepke
Sep 09, 2012 Anna Koepke rated it it was amazing
Loved this book.....the way the author weaves in and out of history to modern day!! Was caught off guard by the ending!!! So, the makes this book A- One!!! Nicky was a little hard on the edges, but you find out why. Great late night sit in the corner chair read. You won't be able to put it down. Thumbs up to Ms Riad.
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
May 24, 2013
Katiria
Katiria rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Rosie
Rosie rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2013
Maira
Maira rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2012
Nachiketa
Nachiketa rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Shea
Shea rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Dominique
Dominique rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2012
Aubrey Davidson
Aubrey Davidson rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2011
Jennifer Wheeler
Jennifer Wheeler rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Mercedes
Mercedes rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Kevis Hendrickson
Kevis Hendrickson marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2011
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2011
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2012
Elsa Carrion
Elsa Carrion marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2012
Krista Grandstaff
Krista Grandstaff marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2012
Mackenzie
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2012
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Elisabeth Wheatley
Elisabeth Wheatley marked it as to-read
kris
kris marked it as to-read
Jessica Karou
Jessica Karou marked it as to-read
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Pooh
Pooh marked it as to-read
Scylla
Scylla marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Katryne
Katryne marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Aleinaaa
Aleinaaa marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2012
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2012
Jessica (Stuck in Books)
Jessica (Stuck in Books) marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
K.J.
K.J. marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Bookish Michelle
Bookish Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Lisazj1
Lisazj1 marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read