Start by marking “Always Me” as Want to Read:
Always Me

Always Me

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  12 reviews
By the summer, Tatiana “Nicky” Roman must learn to trust Xander Day if she’s ever going to discover the origin of her violent hallucinations. But centuries of being repeatedly murdered by him on July 17th are a little hard to forgive.

Over four hundred years ago, Xander thought the holy man’s prophetic words were as crazy as his eyes—that Alexander and Tatiana were destined
Nook, 0 pages
Published August 31st 2011 by Kelly Riad, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Always Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always Me

Rhomy
4.5 stars :)

4.5 Stars speak for themselves!

This was a really good book. I was drawn by this wonderful story from the first moment.
I loved the characters, the plot, the writing and the way the author showed her knowledge of history and poetry in a smooth way and without turning it into a boring read.

It is a story about reincarnation but is far from being similar to others!
The main characters are Nicky and Xander, who meet in high school. Or at least, that's what Nicky thinks ;)

The book begins
Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World)
I really really liked Always Me. It's a very interesting story of a reincarnated couple, and before you go rolling your eyes and think 'yeah, read that before', let me tell you that Always Me isn't really like other stories about reincarnation. Yes, there is love and all but it's also dark and has it's fare share of hate.

Nicky is a rich, good girl that has always suffered from nightmares, horrible nightmares of either herself or other people dying, painful and slow death. When one day she meets
Stephanie Ward
'Always Me' is a fast paced and enchanting young adult fantasy novel that follows the main character, Tatiana "Nicky" Roman as she struggles to deal with the nightmares and hallucinations that have plagued her since she was a little girl. One day at her boarding school, Nicky meets Xander Day - who has an unexpected effect on her. Without knowing how or why, Nicky feels as if she knows Xander very well - without ever having met him before. Through hypnosis sessions, Nicky discovers that she has ...more
Angie
Nicky has been plagued with horrific hallucinations and nightmares for as long as she can remember, but they feel more like memories. She also bares a strange scar near her ribcage, but no one knows how she got it. Now at the age of 17, her hallucinations are becoming more vivid and frequent, and now they involve a boy at her school. He knows something, but he won't say what. Nicky thinks she's going crazy, but deep down she knows she's not.

Nicky is a little hard to warm up to. She has an elitis
Naj (Unputdownable Books)
It's amazing how the books you put off for awhile are the books that end up being the really great ones you nearly did not read at all. Always Me is one of those wonderful books that tend to get neglected.

This is a brilliant book that takes an old tale that is modernized with a paranormal twist to it. Though, I'm a little taken aback by paranormal books now-a-days. Always Me, makes me want to get back into it.

The main character Nicky is your average teen born into a rich family, with high standa
April Etheridge
Always Me draws us into a world unlike any other. We’re immediately introduced to most of the important characters in the novel, thank goodness! Nicky is a seventeen year old girl, born into a wealthy family with stern albeit loving parents. She attends a boarding school, Damascus Academy, and as perfect of a life as that might all seem, it’s not.

Nicky (or Tatiana if you prefer to use her first name) isn’t one of my favorite characters in the beginning. Honestly, I kind of wanted to smack her an
Ashley Byland
The blurb for this book really attracted me to it. It isn't your typical, ya paranormal love story, which I do love, but this one intrigued me so much, I just had to read it. I had to know how it was going to play out and what made Nicky instantly hate Xander, and also, why was she seeing gaping wounds and blood?

When we meet Nicky, she seems like a very nice, elites girl, who sadly seems to suffer from horrific nightmares. These nightmares would turn anyone's hair grey. Just reading about them a
Pragya
Dec 24, 2012 Pragya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone

This is one of those books that doesn’t grab you with the first sentence but as you keep on reading, it seems to grow on you. And then you can’t put it down.

After I was past the initial confusion, I realized that the idea behind the book was very unique and just WOW.

There are two main characters – Nicky and Xander. I found myself rooting for Nicky while feeling the same as Nicky felt towards Xander, a pull and yet a deep-rooted fear. Now when I start feeling for a book’s characters, I r
Beth Weston
This was the very first e-book I ever read that was published by an indie author!

I picked up this book on a Saturday morning and had it finished before I went to bed that night. Always Me has the makings to be a stand out in the YA thriller/supernatural genre. At times I did not like the heroine, Nicky, as a person, but I felt compelled to read more to see what makes her tick. I was not disappointed. With unconventional characters and a precise attention to historical detail, you really cannot
Step Into Fiction

Read full review at Step Into Fiction

Review completed by: Ashley
Aubrey Davidson
This is an exceptional book - it sucked me in right away and I couldn't put it down! Nicky is an unconventional heroine; complex and detailed. The author does a fantastic job of making her characters real - they are definitely flawed, which makes them so much more interesting! Both the story and the characters are incredibly unique. Always Me is fast paced and exciting, but doesn't really compare to other stories - I've never read anything like it before. I whole heartedly recommend!
Anna Koepke
Loved this book.....the way the author weaves in and out of history to modern day!! Was caught off guard by the ending!!! So, the makes this book A- One!!! Nicky was a little hard on the edges, but you find out why. Great late night sit in the corner chair read. You won't be able to put it down. Thumbs up to Ms Riad.
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Shari
Shari added it
Sep 12, 2014
Jessika Dockery
Jessika Dockery marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Trisha
Trisha marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2013
Brianne
Brianne marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
Holly Lobprise
Holly Lobprise marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2013
Kerri mogridge
Kerri mogridge marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Chica Literaria
Chica Literaria marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Briana Pacheco
Briana Pacheco marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Margie Consorte
Margie Consorte marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Susan W.
Susan W. marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Return to Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book One) Prince of Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book Two) The Blood of Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book 3) The Queen of Arèthane (The Elves of Arèthane Book Four) The QUEEN OF ARÈTHANE (THE ELVES OF ARÈTHANE Book 4)