Start by marking “Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected” as Want to Read:
Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected

Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected

4.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  612 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Enjoy the best of Lisa Genova’s powerful, poignant storytelling with this set of her two New York Times bestselling novels, Still Alice and Left Neglected.

STILL ALICE
An accomplished professor diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease learns that she is more than what she can remember. Now a major motion picture from Sony Pictures Classics.

LEFT NEGLECTED
A busy multitasking mot
Published December 6th 2011 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Lisa Genova Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisa Genova Box Set

Art
Apr 01, 2012 Art rated it it was amazing
Left Neglected, if anything, even more telling than Still Alice. Being something that could happen to any of us makes it more compelling.
Also, in discussing it with friends, I found out that two of them had spouses who are affected. on by an accident, and the other by a stroke at 43!
Lisa Genova is a terrific story-teller, and I am looking forward to her next book.
Alisha Slauenwhite
Feb 12, 2013 Alisha Slauenwhite rated it really liked it
STILL ALICE - 4.5 stars
So I absolutely loved Still Alice. The perspective the main character is haunting and beautiful. The story of a strong, independent,and intelligent professor losing the one thing she loves about herself the most - her mind.

Reading about this wonderful woman losing herself to the disease Alzheimer's was heart-breaking to me. I lost my grandfather the the same disease, so I may be biased in my review.

The relationship between John and Alice will make you laugh and cry in Al
Liz Curl
Jan 13, 2015 Liz Curl rated it it was amazing
I liked this book very much and look forward to seeing Julianne Moore play the role of Alice in the current movie. Some of the symptoms she was having came a little too close to home and made me think about my own mental accuities. Overall, I found the book informative, well-written and interesting character development.
Carolyn
Feb 09, 2013 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Such a good story! I really felt as if I have a better insight into what goes on in the mind of an Alzheimer patient and what the family goes through trying to figure out how to manage and deal with their loved one. There were a couple of times I thought I knew how the story would end and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. This is a story that will linger in my mind for a while.
Lisa
Jul 22, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
This book caused such an emotional reaction from me, that I had to blink back the tears on more than one occasion. It's not even that I felt "sorry" for Alice, I was more impacted when it was playing out a scene when she wasn't aware of what was happening, who anyone was, etc. The innocence of needing to be told things and reminded things over and over was heart wrenching.

Such an amazing read!
Mario
Jun 23, 2013 Mario rated it it was amazing
Excellent Book about a woman with her PHD and who is a teacher in a prestigious college who develops Early Onset Alzheimers. Book picks up the story a few months before she is diagnosed and follows her throughout her disease. The only book I've ever read that must describe what it is really like to have this disease. Easy read. Highly recommend it.
Xavier Bryan

A very well written novel. Extremely relative to everyday life, and life changing experiences. The author, Ms. Lisa Genova, enunciates truth and understanding. After i stumbled on 'Still Alice' which is wonderful as well, I knew that She is more than gifted. Her words are well structured. After i read her narratives I'm motivated. This gorgeous Arthur writes beautifully, and has exceptional and motivating sentence structure, and perfect bone structure to match. Her novel's are very meaningful an
Mimi
Dec 04, 2013 Mimi rated it really liked it
Both books were amazing! You really have to stop and refocus our lives!
Couldn't put them down! When I read a book I'm so absorbed in it, that I can't put it down!
Ingrid Warren
Jan 20, 2015 Ingrid Warren rated it it was amazing
Still Alice and Left Neglected are wonderful, insightful and important books. Must reads!
Caroline
Feb 05, 2015 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Still Alice and Left Neglected were both excellent books by Lisa Genova. Both stories focus on a main character devoted to a high powered career whose life changes dramatically due to disease or injury. In Still Alice, the focus was on a woman coping with early onset Alzheimers, told from Alice's perspectivective. In Left Neglected, Sarah's life changes dramatically after a car accident leaves her brain damaged, and unable to perceive her left side. Both books focus on the protagonists' ability ...more
Kit
Nov 29, 2014 Kit rated it it was amazing
Both books are insightful and wonderful! So very well written!
Lisa Godwin-gleeson
Still Alice and Left neglecte are fabulous books!!
Shawne Collins
Great story of tragedy, struggle, family, change, and overcoming. This is the first book read by this author. I plan to read others written by her. The story flowed alomg, making reading and comprehension effortless. I would recommend reading this book.
Tara Daum
May 06, 2015 Tara Daum rated it it was amazing
I read this book in about a week on vacation. Loved every bit of it! Any easy read with a quality story. Not a true story but based on true information. Book is way better than movie, as usual. I highly recommend.
Nandy8
May 09, 2015 Nandy8 rated it really liked it
Fascinating and very Boston blue collar in feeling. A good education about Huntington's Disease. Genova really gets inside a person's mind, feelings,
and the people affected by that person's disease.
Jan Birley
Nov 11, 2015 Jan Birley rated it it was amazing
I thought bouth of these books were perceptive and moving. Both are highly informative in a medical sense as not only do you enjoy the writing but learn at the same time.
Joan Lazaunik
Sep 16, 2015 Joan Lazaunik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Endearing

Both books evoke real emotions, hauntingly plausible stories. Descriptions that draw you into the scene and suspenseful moments that make you hold your breath.
Ruth
Mar 14, 2015 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, now eager to see the movie. Sad and disturbing, but it makes a great case for the care patients need right until the end of life.
Cherie Jones
Feb 17, 2015 Cherie Jones rated it it was amazing
Great point of view....great story. Cried my face off.
Pwilliams
This book was very enlightening in the way the story was told from Alice's prospective. You feel as though you can see inside of her in her thoughts, frustration, anxiety, etc. as she was dealing with her dementia progression. I would re-read this book I liked it so much.
Aggi
Jan 17, 2016 Aggi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kein Buch hat mich in letzter Zeit so aufgewühlt und eingesogen. Der Inhalt wird bestimmt noch lange nachwirken.
Nicole Gerrand
Aug 01, 2012 Nicole Gerrand rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book and it connected with my own feelings as a disabled person - people perceive you as being disabled but you don't feel it. Lisa Genova is an extraordinary writer with so much insight into how the brain adapts to the person' capabilities. He ending was a bit too tidy but believable
Kathy
Jul 23, 2015 Kathy rated it really liked it
LG composed two dramatic, empathetic & realistic stories about two mysterious brain disorders: Alzheimers & Left Neglect. Both stories are personable, easy to read & extremely informative about these conditions. I heartily recommend reading both.
Louise Melanson
Jul 31, 2013 Louise Melanson rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. Although Was convinced I had Alzheimer's afterwards. Interesting seeing it from the other side, since I work with Alzheimer's patients. And believe me they are getting younger!!!!
Jean
Jun 28, 2013 Jean rated it really liked it
Still Alice was haunting! This was a little of the same, but different situation.. a little redundant after reading Still Alice
Author is extremely well versed on the subject matter!
Becky
Jul 31, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
Both books are enlightening....written from the perspective of women with the illnesses (Alzhrimers in Still Alice, a traumatic brain injury in Left Neglect). Amazing writing.
Jill
Mar 31, 2015 Jill rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, but I feel it was a bit longer than it needed to be. It dragged a bit in the middle. Definitely, not as good as Still Alice.
Angie Schwartz
Jun 09, 2013 Angie Schwartz rated it it was amazing
Still Alice was phenomenal, but Left Neglected was just so-so. Probably might be because I work in a field with many "Still Alice" people, so it hits home.
Donna Brown
Mar 10, 2013 Donna Brown rated it it was amazing
Very unique perspectives on two types of disabilities! Quite an Indepth character study in each book! Learned a great deal about resources as well!
Erin Mccullogh
Jul 06, 2013 Erin Mccullogh rated it it was amazing
Great story. Kept me so engaged and I truly relate to what happened in this story. Sad but brilliantly written
  • It Happened One Christmas
  • The Emancipation of a Buried Man
  • The Best American Poetry 2015
  • Beneath the Ice (Perry Sachs #2)
  • Little Bastards in Springtime
  • Sitting Practice: A Novel
  • Mama Gets Trashed (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #5)
  • Girl Singer: An Autobiography
  • But Enough About You: Essays
  • Synchronic: 13 Tales of Time Travel
  • Mama Koko and the Hundred Gunmen: An Ordinary Family's Extraordinary Tale of Love, Loss, and Survival in Congo
  • An Audience of Chairs
  • When You Need a Miracle: The Seven Secrets of Faith
  • Our Picnics in the Sun
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • Courthouse Cowboys: A Modern Tale of Murder in Montana
  • The Serialist
  • Revenge: A Story of Hope
Lisa Genova graduated valedictorian, summa cum laude from Bates College with a degree in Biopsychology and has a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Harvard University. She is the author of the New York Times bestselling novels Still Alice, Left Neglected, Love Anthony, and Inside the O’Briens.

Still Alice has spent 59 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. It won the 2008 Bronte Prize and the 2011 Be
More about Lisa Genova...