Start by marking “Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected” as Want to Read:
Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected

Lisa Genova Box Set: Still Alice and Left Neglected

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  32 reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Published December 6th 2011 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Lisa Genova Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lisa Genova Box Set

Art
Left Neglected, if anything, even more telling than Still Alice. Being something that could happen to any of us makes it more compelling.
Also, in discussing it with friends, I found out that two of them had spouses who are affected. on by an accident, and the other by a stroke at 43!
Lisa Genova is a terrific story-teller, and I am looking forward to her next book.
Alisha Slauenwhite
STILL ALICE - 4.5 stars
So I absolutely loved Still Alice. The perspective the main character is haunting and beautiful. The story of a strong, independent,and intelligent professor losing the one thing she loves about herself the most - her mind.

Reading about this wonderful woman losing herself to the disease Alzheimer's was heart-breaking to me. I lost my grandfather the the same disease, so I may be biased in my review.

The relationship between John and Alice will make you laugh and cry in Al
Carolyn
Such a good story! I really felt as if I have a better insight into what goes on in the mind of an Alzheimer patient and what the family goes through trying to figure out how to manage and deal with their loved one. There were a couple of times I thought I knew how the story would end and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the ending. This is a story that will linger in my mind for a while.
Mario
Excellent Book about a woman with her PHD and who is a teacher in a prestigious college who develops Early Onset Alzheimers. Book picks up the story a few months before she is diagnosed and follows her throughout her disease. The only book I've ever read that must describe what it is really like to have this disease. Easy read. Highly recommend it.
Xavier Bryan

A very well written novel. Extremely relative to everyday life, and life changing experiences. The author, Ms. Lisa Genova, enunciates truth and understanding. After i stumbled on 'Still Alice' which is wonderful as well, I knew that She is more than gifted. Her words are well structured. After i read her narratives I'm motivated. This gorgeous Arthur writes beautifully, and has exceptional and motivating sentence structure, and perfect bone structure to match. Her novel's are very meaningful an
Mimi
Both books were amazing! You really have to stop and refocus our lives!
Couldn't put them down! When I read a book I'm so absorbed in it, that I can't put it down!
Lisa Godwin-gleeson
Still Alice and Left neglecte are fabulous books!!
Lisa
This book caused such an emotional reaction from me, that I had to blink back the tears on more than one occasion. It's not even that I felt "sorry" for Alice, I was more impacted when it was playing out a scene when she wasn't aware of what was happening, who anyone was, etc. The innocence of needing to be told things and reminded things over and over was heart wrenching.

Such an amazing read!
Kit
Both books are insightful and wonderful! So very well written!
Gina
Jul 12, 2014 Gina marked it as to-read
Amazing
Nicole Gerrand
Really enjoyed this book and it connected with my own feelings as a disabled person - people perceive you as being disabled but you don't feel it. Lisa Genova is an extraordinary writer with so much insight into how the brain adapts to the person' capabilities. He ending was a bit too tidy but believable
Louise Melanson
Loved the book. Although Was convinced I had Alzheimer's afterwards. Interesting seeing it from the other side, since I work with Alzheimer's patients. And believe me they are getting younger!!!!
Jean
Still Alice was haunting! This was a little of the same, but different situation.. a little redundant after reading Still Alice
Author is extremely well versed on the subject matter!
Becky
Both books are enlightening....written from the perspective of women with the illnesses (Alzhrimers in Still Alice, a traumatic brain injury in Left Neglect). Amazing writing.
Angie Schwartz
Still Alice was phenomenal, but Left Neglected was just so-so. Probably might be because I work in a field with many "Still Alice" people, so it hits home.
Donna Brown
Very unique perspectives on two types of disabilities! Quite an Indepth character study in each book! Learned a great deal about resources as well!
Erin Mccullogh
Great story. Kept me so engaged and I truly relate to what happened in this story. Sad but brilliantly written
Nellie
Another book club pick - I am way behind in my reviews! We read Still Alice too. I recommend them both.
Angela
LOve this book. Helped me understand those in my life that have had memory issues.
Suzanne Bailey
Read left neglected. It is very interesting. Tried Still Alice, but did not like it.
Katherine Carr
This was a quick read. It makes me think twice about things I take for granted.
Ardette
I just finished Still Alice..It was scary and insightful. I highly recommend the book.
Shannon
I loved this book! A fabulous character that I was compelled to feel for.
Allyson Daly
I enjoyed this book but felt it could have moved a bit quicker -
Katherine
Interesting perspective on early onset Alzheimer.
Robin
I loved both of these books. They were very engaging.
Mary Uttley-shaw
Unbelievably moving and inspirational...life changing...
Michele Vardon
Found both books to be thought provoking!
Edy Parisian
loved both books!
Fran
Great Read!
  • Sitting Practice: A Novel
  • An Audience of Chairs
  • Our Picnics in the Sun
  • All the Broken Things
  • Lo que encontré bajo el sofá
  • Revenge: A Story of Hope
  • She Never Knew (Katarina Series, #1)
  • The Physic Book of Deliverence Dane
  • Her Nowhere
  • Nadia's Hope
  • Kisses to Remember
  • El País de las Mujeres
  • Drift Away (Noah Braddock, #4)
  • How to Fail: The Self-Hurt Guide
I'm a Harvard-trained Neuroscientist, a Meisner-trained actress, and an entirely untrained writer!

My first novel, STILL ALICE, winner of the 2008 Bronte Prize, nominated for 2010 Indies Choice Debut Book of the Year by the American Booksellers Association, and winner of the 2011 Bexley Book of the Year Award spent over 40 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. It has been translated into 25
More about Lisa Genova...
Still Alice Left Neglected Love Anthony Inside the O'Briens Lisa Genova Ebox Set: Still Alice, Left Neglected, and Love Anthony