Start by marking “When Moon Fell Down” as Want to Read:
When Moon Fell Down

When Moon Fell Down

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Moon fell down one night...
Fell upon a farmer's lawn,
Rolled about in sheer delight
On fields he'd only shined upon.When Moon falls down one night, he and an adventure-minded cow roan up hills and down, wander through city streets, and finally return back home at dawn. A joyous and lyrical romp, this picture book captures the magic and wonder of seeing familiar things in a
Published April 24th 2001 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about When Moon Fell Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Moon Fell Down

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth PfefferThe Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth PfefferThis World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonDead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Books with Moons on the Cover
117th out of 328 books — 123 voters
90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonThe Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. HeinleinThe Moonstone by Wilkie CollinsMoon Palace by Paul AusterBeneath the Neon Moon by Theda Black
Moon
43rd out of 119 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Patricia
Magila
Love the illustrations - go out and buy prints from the this artist and hang them in your walls good. The story was eh.
Jeana Wert
When Moon Fell Down had very nice drawn pictures but I did not like the story line. The moon had fell down one night and decided to explore the earth. He had made friends with a cow and they explored the small town, enjoying the different stores and nature. The farmer saw them together and yelled at them both to get back to where they belong. The cow went back to the farm and the moon went right back to the sky. However they never forgot the night they shared together.
Samantha
Nov 21, 2011 Samantha rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No One
While slightly entertaining overall, this book failed to deliver. I was expecting something more adventurous when I read the title....all I got was the moon dancing with a cow & an uptight farmer. The illustrations were adequate. Overall, I think this story was cute, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it due to the fact that it lacked immensely overall.
Rebecca Ann
This darling story about the night the moon fell out of the sky has beautiful illustrations and is just right for story-time. It evokes the "cow jumped over the moon" line, but never directly mentions it.
Leslie
This is such a cute story, beautifully illustrated and poetically written. I love the part where the moon and the cow fall in love with the cheese in the cheese shop window.
Matthew
This was a nice poem of a personified moon adventure with a personified cow. The whole thing was fantastically presented and it was a fun book. Nothing more to say than that.
Melanie
We read this book as part of our Space unit in preschool. It would make such a great bedtime story. Very cute!
Alexandria
I loved how the poems were written and the pictures were nice. I loved the part where the moon was back in the sky.
Lori
One of my favorite picture books. The lyrical text is beautiful and insightful, and the illustrations are just right.
Rachel
Nicely flowing, poetical verse and softly glowing illustrations. Some hitches, but overall fun.
Elizabeth
moon falls out of sky and has (boring) adventure with cow
Sarah added it
Nov 29, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Linda Smith is the author of When Moon Fell Down, Mrs. Biddlebox, There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Boot, and the Charlotte Zolotow Award Honor Book Mrs. Crump's Cat. Linda lived a full life in a short period of time. On June 28, 2000, she passed away after a two-year battle with breast cancer, but she left behind a world of language, love, and good humor that shines through in her books.
More about Linda Smith...
Mrs. Biddlebox Mrs. Crump's Cat The Inside Tree There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Boot