Start by marking “When Moon Fell Down” as Want to Read:
When Moon Fell Down

When Moon Fell Down

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Moon fell down one night...
Fell upon a farmer's lawn,
Rolled about in sheer delight
On fields he'd only shined upon.When Moon falls down one night, he and an adventure-minded cow roan up hills and down, wander through city streets, and finally return back home at dawn. A joyous and lyrical romp, this picture book captures the magic and wonder of seeing familiar things in a
Published April 24th 2001 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about When Moon Fell Down, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Moon Fell Down

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth PfefferThe Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth PfefferThis World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonDead to the World by Charlaine Harris
Books with Moons on the Cover
140th out of 360 books — 139 voters
90 Miles to Freedom by K.C. HiltonThe Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. HeinleinThe Moonstone by Wilkie CollinsMoon Palace by Paul AusterBeneath the Neon Moon by Theda Black
Moon
46th out of 122 books — 44 voters

More lists with this book...

Patricia
Sep 08, 2013 Patricia rated it liked it
Shelves: children-picture
Kimberly Ann
Feb 15, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it it was ok
The moon falls down and with the farmer's cow goes out and about the town...looking through shop windows. It was an obvious borrowed theme with the moon dancing with the cow..... the Rhyme was not so easy to read aloud and the group of preschoolers were not into this particular story.... The illustrations while attractive were subdued and not particularly interesting.
Siskiyou-Suzy
Kinda takes "the cow jumped over the moon" and reverses it. It's an all right little story -- no real problems here, though it's a little odd.
Magila
Love the illustrations - go out and buy prints from the this artist and hang them in your walls good. The story was eh.
Jeana Wert
Aug 25, 2013 Jeana Wert rated it it was ok
When Moon Fell Down had very nice drawn pictures but I did not like the story line. The moon had fell down one night and decided to explore the earth. He had made friends with a cow and they explored the small town, enjoying the different stores and nature. The farmer saw them together and yelled at them both to get back to where they belong. The cow went back to the farm and the moon went right back to the sky. However they never forgot the night they shared together.
Samantha
Nov 21, 2011 Samantha rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No One
While slightly entertaining overall, this book failed to deliver. I was expecting something more adventurous when I read the title....all I got was the moon dancing with a cow & an uptight farmer. The illustrations were adequate. Overall, I think this story was cute, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it due to the fact that it lacked immensely overall.
Rebecca Ann
Jul 06, 2012 Rebecca Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This darling story about the night the moon fell out of the sky has beautiful illustrations and is just right for story-time. It evokes the "cow jumped over the moon" line, but never directly mentions it.
Leslie
Feb 04, 2011 Leslie rated it liked it
Shelves: marlo
This is such a cute story, beautifully illustrated and poetically written. I love the part where the moon and the cow fall in love with the cheese in the cheese shop window.
Matthew
Feb 12, 2012 Matthew rated it liked it
This was a nice poem of a personified moon adventure with a personified cow. The whole thing was fantastically presented and it was a fun book. Nothing more to say than that.
Melanie
Feb 02, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
We read this book as part of our Space unit in preschool. It would make such a great bedtime story. Very cute!
Alexandria
Nov 18, 2011 Alexandria rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I loved how the poems were written and the pictures were nice. I loved the part where the moon was back in the sky.
Lori
May 10, 2012 Lori rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite picture books. The lyrical text is beautiful and insightful, and the illustrations are just right.
Rachel
Jan 30, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Nicely flowing, poetical verse and softly glowing illustrations. Some hitches, but overall fun.
Elizabeth
moon falls out of sky and has (boring) adventure with cow
Evan
Evan added it
May 23, 2016
The Brothers
The Brothers marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Lissy
Lissy rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
MaryJo
MaryJo rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Megan Dowd
Megan Dowd rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Hema Ayyar
Hema Ayyar rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2015
Anders Jensen
Anders Jensen rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Sara Lemonade
Sara Lemonade rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Rose Dernoncourt
Rose Dernoncourt rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Adrienne Reeder
Adrienne Reeder marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Aiyah
Aiyah marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Madge
Madge rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Tracey
Tracey added it
May 28, 2015
Dacotah
Dacotah is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Linda Smith is the author of When Moon Fell Down, Mrs. Biddlebox, There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Boot, and the Charlotte Zolotow Award Honor Book Mrs. Crump's Cat. Linda lived a full life in a short period of time. On June 28, 2000, she passed away after a two-year battle with breast cancer, but she left behind a world of language, love, and good humor that shines through in her books.
More about Linda Smith...