Start by marking “10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse: and 100 More Dreadfully Distasteful Lists” as Want to Read:
10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse: and 100 More Dreadfully Distasteful Lists

10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse: and 100 More Dreadfully Distasteful Lists

Prepare to be even more revolted, flabbergasted, appalled, and completely entertained by this incredible follow-up collection of absolutely true trivia from the author of 5 People Who Died During Sex. Nothing is too insane, too inane, or too sacred for Karl Shaw’s eclectic lists of the world’s very worst.

DID YOU KNOW…
…that according to recent estimates (2010) your bod
Published September 27th 2011 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse

Bryce Holt
Interesting as one might expect, but did not compare to its predecessor, "5 People Who Died During Sex." It felt like much of this information was recycled from other books Shaw has done, especially the section that focuses on dictators and overbearing rulers, past and present. It's not to say that it isn't informative or enjoyable...I'd recommend this book highly to those that bend to the weird, disturbing and psychotic. But it wasn't hilarious like "5 People Who Died During Sex," and to me, th ...more
J.M.
Dec 18, 2016 J.M. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Compilation of humorous lists, but there's only one section that deals with corpses or death. Given the title, I thought there'd be more.
Jan 27, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
I vividly remember snorting various beverages through my nose whilst reading Shaw's previous compendium of trivia, Five People Who Died During Sex, so perhaps my expectations were too high, but 10 Ways to Recycle a Corpse is hardly the doubling-down on the funny that the title might imply. There are, obviously, funny bits here, but Shaw seems to stick close to only a handful of historical figures which gives the work a rather limited feel and some of the facts get recycled from list to list. Per ...more
Stephanie
I picked up this book as a prop for a photo simply because I liked the title and originally had no intention of buying it until I peaked inside. The list of famous wankers was the first thing I opened to and of course I was amused enough to buy. As a lover of odd facts, I'm glad I did. It was full oddities in history and historical figures mixed with a little morbid humor and it does indeed have a list of 10 ways to recycle a corpse. An amusing light read worth checking out if you're a fan of od ...more
Kyla
Oct 08, 2014 Kyla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love it, but I'm quirky that way. List after list of death, disease, grue and history. Highly recommended for those who love their non-fiction with a good dose of quirky, perhaps not so much for those of more tender sensibilities and more quivery stomachs.
Cassandra
The information in this book is definitely interesting and thought provoking. And the way it was written was done well. Though some of the information might need to be looked into more the rest seemed okay.
Brittanie
Another great book of interesting lists! Not a lot of references, though, with a few facts I was a little iffy about, but since I would use this for mere entertainment, whatever. And it is highly entertaining.
Nicole Yovanoff
It is the sequel to 5 People Who Died During Sex: And 100 Other Terribly Tastelss Lists. Not as good as the first, but still a lot of fun to read. I prefer the historical stuff to the more current stuff, but this book is found in the Humour section, so I shouldn't complain.
Eliza
Jul 10, 2012 Eliza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, interesting book. I love reading about random and unusual things and I really enjoyed reading this.
Stacee
Feb 27, 2014 Stacee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
There were some things in here that I can't unknow and that's a problem. But for the most part, it was a quirky book filled with odd lists and I enjoyed it.
Jeremiah
Nov 17, 2012 Jeremiah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book to an extent. The lost form gets a wee bit old after a while. I definitely learned a few new things.
Crystal Friars
Jul 24, 2012 Crystal Friars rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history, science
I love books with strange trivia and this one definitely has that. A great read if you are wanting tidbits instead of entire chapters.
Mick Spacey
Mar 27, 2012 Mick Spacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read Karl Shaw's previous book of lists yet but I found this compulsive reading, a real page turner. It had me smiling right to the end.
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2011
Angeline Walsh
Angeline Walsh rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Sterling
Sterling rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Annukka
Annukka rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Dionna Johnson
Dionna Johnson rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2015
bryan lovell
bryan lovell rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Mason
Mason rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Beth Ording
Feb 26, 2013 Beth Ording rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some interesting lists; some not so interesting lists.
Kathleen Duffy
Kathleen Duffy rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2012
Anderson
Anderson rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2012
Zeke
Zeke rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Caleb Coy
Caleb Coy rated it did not like it
Jan 30, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Brad
Brad rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A World of Curiosities: Surprising, Interesting, and Downright Unbelievable Facts from Every Nation on the Planet
  • Why Fish Fart and Other Useless Or Gross Information About the World
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History's Naughtiest Bits (Mental Floss Presents)
  • Mental Floss: What's the Difference?
  • Death by Petticoat: American History Myths Debunked
  • History Laid Bare: Love, Sex & Perversity from the Ancient Etruscans to Warren G. Harding
  • The Book of Heroic Failures: The Official Handbook of the Not Terribly Good Club of Great Britain
  • A History of Weapons: Crossbows, Caltrops, Catapults & Lots of Other Things that Can Seriously Mess You Up
  • Panati's Extraordinary Endings of Practically Everything and Everybody
  • The Straight Dope
  • The Good Old Days--They Were Terrible!
  • Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!
  • Uncle John's Fully Loaded 25th Anniversary Bathroom Reader