Start by marking “Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)” as Want to Read:
Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)

Bewitching the Werewolf (Megan Stephens #1)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,139 Ratings  ·  409 Reviews
When witch for hire, Megan Stephens, is assigned to help the local werewolf pack leader find a mate, she thinks the job will be easy. Get in, get it up and get gone. But when she meets Zack Connor, she realizes her future might have a lot more dog jokes in it than she ever imagined.

word count: 16,652
Published September 25th 2011 by Caroline Hanson

To ask other readers questions about Bewitching the Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bewitching the Werewolf

Dance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHeaven and Earth by Nora RobertsMy Commander by Alanea AlderFace the Fire by Nora RobertsRevelation by Lauren Dane
Best Witch Romance Books
28th out of 130 books — 46 voters
Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
258th out of 736 books — 812 voters

More lists with this book...

Debbie
Feb 22, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
Now who doesn't love free books? Bewitching the Werewolf is one of the countless number of free eBooks that Amazon.com has to offer. I still get amazed that there are such things are free stuff, especially books. LOL.

Bewitching the Werewolf is a short story (about 40+ pages) offered to us by Caroline Hanson. The story was enjoyable and delivered some funny dialogue from our main character Megan. Now although I did know going into this book that it would be a short story I was hoping it would ha
Mithrendiel
Nov 05, 2011 Mithrendiel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever read a book that was so good, you just had to read everything written by that author? That was Love and Darkness for me. After reading it, I felt oddly bereft, and cheated by the fact that Caroline Hanson is a new author, and we have to wait until December for the next book in her series. But lo and behold, she has a short story. YAY!

Bewitching the Wolf was exactly what I needed for a little Caroline Hanson fix. It’s a sexy little tale packed with dry humor and wit. In it, a talent
Jeanne
Jul 22, 2012 Jeanne rated it did not like it
Shelves: paranormal
While this book was free, it cost me time and I kind of wish I had that time back.

To be fair, this was a fun, lighthearted read. I liked the sassy, silky style of the narrative and the male lead was intriguing (if completely under developed). Sadly, it felt like a let down when I got to the end of the story and found there was absolutey no pay off for the build up I'd sexual tension. We didn't even get a fade to black we got an end, period.

I can look past the slap-dash fan fiction style of the
Dianne
Dec 30, 2013 Dianne rated it it was amazing
Just for fun, Bewitching the Werewolf is quick, light and filled with cute dialogue and attitude! Not a major plot, witch is hired to find werewolf's mate or the pack may die off, werewolf senses mate...meddling mother wolf involved...the usual fare with a fun twist!

Caroline Hanson entertained from start to finish with her quirky witch and super hot wolf! A great quick escape that will leave you smirking.

Publication Date: December 16, 2013 (2nd Edition)
Publisher: Host of the Hills
Genre: Adult Pa
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

This story begins when Megan is assied to the local werewolf pack to help find a mate for the alpha of the pack. See, she has some special abilities that should help him, but it all turns out to be a little bit more complicated when she actually does show up..

This was a very short funny story. It has werewolves, and a very sassy heroine. But it doesn't have much else to it. It was simple, and neat and tidy, but there really weren't a whole lot of emotio
Kayla Marie
Sep 03, 2014 Kayla Marie rated it did not like it
This was a waste of time. besides the fact that it reads like bad fanfiction...the fact that the story is only like....three or four chapters long pissed me off. No character development or really even a plot. I mean yeah the book was free....but its not even an entire book. Just skip this one unless you're looking for a simply bad and short sex story.
Tami
Feb 10, 2012 Tami rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies
I knew I was going to like this book when I went to the first page and read the very first line, "I don't get paid enough to deal with a werewolf that can't get laid". This was a short story, but full of fun, wit, and romance. I can see the potential for the author to expand on it to make more out of the story. Not too bad for a free read!
Dee
Feb 12, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
A really good little story I only wish it was longer as just started to get into it and then it was finished. I liked the authors style of writing and will definately look out for other books by her.

Naomi
Nov 18, 2011 Naomi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, kindle
This was a very short read but so worth it! It's funny as hell with a hot werewolf....what more could you want?!! Excellent.
Stephanie Pearson
Jul 15, 2013 Stephanie Pearson rated it really liked it
Talk about a book i wished was longer! It was all THE END and i was all like NOO!

This book could have been 200 pages easy, but it came to an abrupt halt at about 63. The rest of the book was filled with a preview of another book.

Miss Stevens (She has no first name I can recall reading) is a wiccan (witches are soooooo 2007). She has a boss because apparently magic is for hire (magik? magick?). So Miss Stevens gets hired by an Grand Alpha Pack Master Poobah to help him find his one true mate. Za
Temi
Good short story...that's usually what everyone says about short stories. This was a new thing to me, werewolfs and witches that is. I just thought that they were enemies and all, but wow can they get along.

Story goes a lot like this: Witch lady is hired to cure Zack of his mate problem with her little hocus-pocus and she gets the wrong idea thinking he is impotent. Thing is the wolf part inside of him will always tell him who's his mate, problem is no werewolf out there makes his wolf go, "Hey,
Rachael
Oct 03, 2013 Rachael rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012, reviewed
Halfway through the book, (teenage hormones, guh-reat..?) I realized this might be more of an "adult" novel, if you know what I mean. Nevertheless, I suppose I enjoyed it(:

The best thing about this book is its readability. It moves quickly, has many, many shots of humor, and is a feisty & sexy read. I loved Megan's voice - it was strong, although it showed a realistic amount of fear. Moreover, the concept of hiring a witch to help a werewolf itself is pretty exciting and unique - more of a r
Fierce Dolan
Jun 04, 2012 Fierce Dolan rated it really liked it
All-in-all, this is a fun little story. I'm generally not a fan of first person narratives, but this one is well done. I wasn't thrilled that half of this "story" is a teaser for another of the author's books. A few leading paragraphs, fine, but a teaser as long as the short story? Too needy.

As well, there are a few typos and the grating habit of using Internetspeak in places. I'd be fine with that being the voice of the narrator were it consistent. Rather, the Internetspeak is random, making it
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
This was a short and sweet Kindle Freebie about a witch who is drafted in to help a reluctant werewolf find his mate.

I enjoyed this. It had a few errors, mainly just missing dialogue tags, but it wasn't enough to bother me. It was free, after all.

It was an excellent sample of Caroline Hanson's writing style and I will definitely be reading more of her full-length stuff because she has a great personality that comes across through her characters. The inner thought processes of the witch in partic
Kelly
Jan 22, 2012 Kelly rated it liked it
This is a very short story and it doesn't waste any time jumping in and putting the two main characters in orbit around one another. They're both kinda turned on by one another, but Megan chalks it up to a general (and annoying) attraction toward Zack and as a by-product of the type of spell she's getting ready to unleash on him.

Things move quickly. Dog jokes are made. Mates are found. Sexing occurs. Ta-da!

While this is short, you definitely get a feel for Megan's prickly personality and Zack's
Becca
If you are looking for a good, real short read, please for God sakes read this. I was stumbling around on amazon and found and i am so happy that did! This really is a good half an hour read, that will have you laughing and smiling throughout the whole thing, at least i thought so. I thought was just a good entertaining read. Sadly it ended...I am seriously going to have to check this author out more often if her writing is anything like this because it was ridiculously fun, and witty, Dog Jokey ...more
Tai

Short, and cute romance. But that is really all I can say about it.

The story had huge potential, but it seems to trip all over itself trying to be funny and cool, though ultimately missing the mark. A bit like a stereotypical class clown who has yet to realize that people are not laughing with him. As such, the story lacks a bit of cohesion, sacrificing necessary plot elements in favor of endless cheesy jokes. So it feels like a bunch of parts stitched haphazardly together. If only more detail,
Bea
Cute, light on world building and overall development. There are some good one-liners but I'm not a fan of the insta-mate trope and I never felt the supposed heat between Zack and Megan. I was also irritated that the heroine's name never appears in the story. Nope, not once. I even did a search in case I'd missed it. The heroine is never referred to by name and never gives her name. Anyway, it's a cute, light story, nicely fluffy with no meat to it.
Katie_la_geek
Jan 31, 2013 Katie_la_geek rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Bewitching the werewolf is a short and free (at least it was when I got it) book on amazon.

This book was so much fun. The storyline was good and it often made me laugh, I really enjoyed it. Megan is a great character who lacks a verbal filter, Zach was charming and hot and the chemistry between them sizzled.

I felt like it moved a little too fast for me and would have liked a little more, but it was free so I can’t complain.
Cornelia
Sep 11, 2013 Cornelia rated it it was amazing
The alpha werewolf pack leader, Zack Connor, hires a witch, Megan Stephens, to help him with a problem. The wolf part of him refuses to choose a mate, which is creating instability in his pack. So it’s her job to put some type of spell on him to cure the problem. This short novella is so funny. Hilarious. I loved it. This fun fast read will have you laughing, even at Megan’s doggie jokes. There are also hot love scenes.
Kristy
Ugh I loved this, but it was WAY TOO SHORT!!! And it totally catches you off guard if you're looking at your percentage bar on your kindle. Because it ends at 50%!! 50% of this book is advertising other books!! AHHH! But it was free so I can't really complain.

I really liked this though. I loved their chemistry. I was so bummed when it was over.

Megan was snarky and quirky and I loved her self depreciating thoughts. She was a fun character to read.

Something I found odd though, I didn't know her
Dana
Jan 09, 2012 Dana rated it liked it
Meaghan Stevens is a witch for hire. She's called to help a werewolf find his mate....boy is she in for a surprise.

Zach is 30 and frustrated trying to find the mate he needs to keep his pack from falling apart..torn between duty and desperation he gets Meghan to do a spell on him little does either know what that spell will do...

Fastest book I read its a whole lot of smut but fun just the same.
Serena Akeroyd
Jan 22, 2014 Serena Akeroyd rated it it was amazing
This book was short, very short but even so, it packed a whole helluva lot of punch into a small amount of pages! I grabbed a free copy of this over the weekend and the promo is still running and it’s definitely worth a read.

I looked at some of the reviews and there were a lot of complaints about the length and I can kind of understand it… but no way is it deserving of just the one star, because of how many pages it has. The book relied upon you having some general know-how about werewolves and
Feb 10, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This small book is awesome. Very funny and light hearted. Zachary and Megan are great together. When Megan meets Zachary she thinks the reason he can't find a mate is because he can't get it up, totally loveable. Great HEA. Only complaint I'd would have liked a longer book and possible sequel or series.
Julie-anne
Feb 04, 2012 Julie-anne rated it it was ok
This wasn't just a short story, it was a micro story. Really nowhere near long enough to give a proper review since there wasn't exactly time to build up a storyline.
There's lust, sex and happy endings.

Plus that has to be the cutest cover I've seen in a long time. Also give me an idea for a tattoo.
Lorian Jones
Aug 10, 2014 Lorian Jones rated it it was amazing
Review:
There are 3 shorts different stories. I like the 1st and the 3rd. The 2nd stories was kind of okay, it just I just understand what so special about the empath and their blood. It kinda like one of my favorite True Blood show where vampires get so high from fairies's blood. The first story was pretty interesting and I want to know more, but it was cut off short. I can't imagine a werewolf mate with a wiccan, which to me is pretty cool. My favorite part is when Miss Stephens try to help Zac
Elayne
Jan 21, 2012 Elayne rated it really liked it
A lovely short story from an author I haven't come across before, but will be on the lookout for now. Amusing, sexy and entertaining...very enjoyable! Left me with a smile on my face...won't go into details as its just a shortie, but give it a go for a mood lifter!
Beckey
Jan 11, 2012 Beckey rated it liked it
Interesting & cute short story...
What happens when the alpha pack leader has problems finding his mate?
Zack asks the help from a Wiccan named Megan Stephens...
What happens is something that is funny & cute???
Rossana Peña Rivera
Historia sencilla para leer mientras haces una fila. Los personajes me gustaron pero la pareja solo un poco. El final fue gracioso sobretodo si lo lees un viernes por la tarde de un fin de semana largo.
Ladynight
Apr 29, 2014 Ladynight rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book free on Amazon (what can I say, I am always looking for new undiscovered free gems on amazon & sometimes like this one, I hit the jackpot!). I really liked it, it was short, fun and spicy! What's not to like?
So if you like, paranormal romance with a hint of well...spices then I highly recommend this short story, it will make you smile & dream with a werewolf!

...until the next one :)

Me gusto mucho, es una historia corta y bueno pues la única palabra en la que puedo pe
The Free Book Cha...: Bewitching the Werewolf, by Caroline Hanson 4 35 Jun 17, 2015 08:44PM
  • Tranquility (Otherkin, #2)
  • Bound in Sin (Bound, #3)
  • Once Bitten (Alexa O’Brien, Huntress, #1)
  • Before The Moon Rises (Ritter Werewolves, #1)
  • Wicked Werewolf Night (Werewolf Society, #1)
  • Claimed
  • The Summons (Shadowlands, #0.5)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Cameron's Law (Adelheid, #1)
  • Bitten (Bitten #1)
  • Hunter's Blood (Cursed by Blood, #1)
  • Bewitching You (Bewitching Women #1)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)
  • Destined for Harmony (Shadows of Destiny, #3.5)
  • Taming the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #1)
  • Reapers (The Druid Series, #1)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
Caroline Hanson grew up in California and moved to London in order to dance and go to pubs. Eventually, she matured enough to marry and imported an Englishman, returning to the United States.

After passing the bar, she had two children and now tries to parent, read, write and play tennis. She's heard rumors that other mothers clean and cook but is putting in serious effort to make sure those rumors
More about Caroline Hanson...

Megan Stephens (2 books)
  • Betwixt a Wolf and a Hard Place (Megan Stephens #2)

“Zackary Connor's office building was made of glass, endless windows giving the impression of being outside. It was exactly how I liked nature--air conditioned and bug free.” 6 likes
“And then he kissed me. Softly, like a friendly, nice-to-meet-can-I-strip-your-clothes-off-and-bury-myself-inside-you-kind of kiss.

I finally pulled back, but I didn't want to and hoped that I had been able to convey a yes-you-can-and-why-haven't-you-done-it-already response when I'd moaned and shoved my tongue into his mouth.”
6 likes