Start by marking “The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life, #2)

The Fallen Prince (Keepers of Life #2)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Dylan finally feels like he has it all. He's back home in the human realm with his beautiful girlfriend, loving grandparents, and some crazy powers over the elements. But Dylan's temper is climbing out of control, and along with the bursts of rage come new powers he wasn't expecting.

Published June 25th 2013 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (first published February 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Fallen Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fallen Prince

Obsidian by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutTouch by Jus AccardoShadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Entangled Teen
25th out of 54 books — 146 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Seeker by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerSilver Shadows by Richelle MeadThe Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead
UGHHHH! RELEASE THE FREAKING BOOK ALREADY!
83rd out of 180 books — 1,547 voters

More lists with this book...

Dianne
Not long ago, Dylan didn't even know there was a possibility of another realm alongside that of the human realm. Now he has been to Teag and is thankful to be back with his family in this realm. But he hasn't come home the same. He now has some amazing powers, a beautiful girlfriend with her own powers, and fierce bouts of temper that are growing wildly out of control. With each "tantrum" Dylan gains even more power. Now what? Is this normal? The Fallen Prince by Shea Berkley is a non-stop journ ...more
Curse of the Bibliophile
Fast paced and full of twists and turns "The Fallen Prince" will have you anxiously turning each page.

In the second installment to "The Keepers of Life" trilogy it's all about control. Dylan is pretty happy to be back in the human world where everything is a lot less complicated or so he thought. New powers have started to manifest themselves and Dylan is becoming overwhelmed worse yet Kera is keeping secrets.

I couldn't put the book down. The writing was beautiful and the world building was ni
Nancy
The Premise:

Kera has these new powers, too. She's seen them before and knows what they can do if kept unchecked…and it’s not pretty. Plus, going back to her home realm, Teag, would hasten the process. Kera is determi
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
Nov 03, 2011 Lalaine *myficbookreviews* marked it as review-wishlist
OMG I so want to read this!!!!! look at that cover!
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
** Copy provided by Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review**

Though this book was much better than the first it was still a little on the slow side to begin with, but I guess it was needed to build the characters up a bit. Still it could have been condensed a bit.

Most of the book however is completely full of twists and turns that you entirely know who to trust. More creatures come out into the works and there is full out war and destruction in the land of Teag.

Kera and Dyla
Melissa
I loved the first book, The Marked Son, which I read 2 years ago. So, it is safe to say it took me a while to catch back up with the book. I felt a bit lost, but I think if I had reread the first book I wouldn't have had as much trouble. It's a complicated world, so I think I would have felt more at home quicker within the story.

I also felt a bit frustrated with what was happening in the beginning of the book. Their journey throughout the human realm in the first of the book makes sense and you
Laurie Treacy
(Rating: 4.5) In The Fallen Prince, the important word is "change." Dylan is changing, he now has cool powers but he also has this increasing rage which he has to learn to control along with his increasing fire power. Kera also faces change, realizing what's happening to Dylan but not telling him everything in fear of her homeland of Teag. Trust becomes an issue as Dylan begins to doubt her. When she is kidnapped and held in a place where none have survived to return, Dylan embarks on another ad ...more
Kelly Hart
One day, a couple years ago, I sat by the pool on my vacation, burning to a crisp in the sun as I completely devoured an ARC I’d been sent to read. The book, The Marked Son, was the first book in a brand new series from an author I’d never even heard of before.

Now, I think the fact I allowed myself to fry pretty much says it all, but I really couldn’t put the novel down and when I did finally finish it, I was totally left wanting more.

Well, it took a while, almost two full years, but I finally
Poison Rose
This book takes off shortly after the end of the first book, The Marked Son. Dylan and Kera are in the human realm, avoiding returning to Teag as many don't want Dylan to return. Lately, Kera has been acting strange and suddenly run off leaving Dylan wondering whats wrong. His connection with Kera usually allows them to know how the other is feeling, but lately its been weaker. One afternoon, she does just that, but Dylan chases after her, but has lost her in the woods while he begins to get "ho ...more
Paem Xia
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is 5 stars, as was the previous book in this series, The Marked Son. I really enjoyed the first book and this was a great follow-up book. While I don't think it is really a necessity to read the first book, I would highly recommend it.

Dylan and Kera are living in the human world and trying to control their new powers and deal with the death and destruction that happened at the end of book one. They can feel somet
Luana Sirbu Blogger
Love the cover, like the previous book (The Marked Son book 1)i will give a 5 out of 5 stars for the cover and content also. What i love about this book is that is so original, from the supernatural powers to the plot of the book.
This is the second book from the series, and yes it does connects with the previous, to understand this one read the first one (it's worth it). In this book Dylan and Kera try to get used with their new powers and learn how to deal with them. Their big challenge is no
Zili

I received an ARC of The Fallen Prince in exchange for an honest review!

As The Fallen Prince is the second book in the Keepers of Life series I suggest reading book #1 The Marked Son (book #1) first it'll help you understand the back story. In brief; Dylan has had a fairly harsh upbringing and ends up living with his grandparents. He has been dreaming of a beautiful young girl for years, and is obviously pretty shocked when he sees her whilst awake. Dylan learns that Kera is from another realm;
Kim
The Fallen Prince (I don't quite get the name. How did he fall? Don't you have to rise first? He was never an accepted Prince in Teag, but I digress) started out really good for me. I was ready to give it 4 stars while reading part 1. Then as soon as I started part 2, it went downhill. It was almost as if a different author wrote it. At first, I really liked the author's writing style. The new character Wyatt was great; a sarcastic, wise ass, ready for danger, muscular, tough, military guy. He ...more
Brooke
I want to thank the author Shea Berkley and Entangled Publishing for providing me with an ARC copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
There is a magical realm that exists alongside the human realm, but it wasn’t always so. The firsts are beings who were created to nurture the land. The world was split into two realms, and the firsts were allowed to redeem themselves. Sadly, the majority c
Stacy Sabala
Book Review- The Fallen Prince by Shea Berkley

Dylan is back living with his grandparents after his battle in the realm of magic, Teag. He is trying to figure out how to survive his guilt and his nightmares that plague him now. Kera, now, lives with him in the human realm. They are working together to understand the new powers they have received from the battle. Since they killed Navar and Fallen, the evil sorcerer and his follower, Dylan has been struggling with the new things he can do. He and
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
(This review was originally posted at My Library in the Making.)

The Fallen Prince opens a few days after the events in The Marked Son, as Dylan struggles more than ever to fit in the human world with his new, uncontrollable powers that endanger everyone around him. He and Kera also have their hands full, thanks to the weakened barrier between the human world and Teag, leaving deadly creatures free to cross.

Let me tell you now: this sequel has outdone its predecessor—and to think that one was alr
Jenn
This one picks up not long after the first book. They defeated one evil only to get another. Both Dylan and Kera have come upon new powers. Kera never really had her own but now does and Dylan has to learn to control his or everyone could be in danger. But it's totally a kick-ass power to have.

Uh-oh the wall between the human and the first realm is deteriorating letting creatures cross over. One of the crazy creatures takes Kera to a place nobody wants to be in. With the help of his friends old
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Dylan has returned from Teag, barely escaping with his life and Kera by his side. He has burned many bridges in the magical realm. Unfortunately, he doesn't fit in the human realm either. His powers grow each day drastically, and his anger and self-pity make him dangerous to the people around him.

Kera wants to keep him from her home realm of Teag. She knows that his powers will continue to grow and he may be changed by them, and no longer be the boy she loves.

They are in an unwinable situation.
Kayla (The Bookish Owl)
A free digital copy of this book was sent by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Originally seen on: The Bookish Owl

I went into The Fallen Prince with no knowledge that it was actually the second book in the series. By then, I was already 1/3 into the book.

The good thing about The Fallen Prince was that you don’t have to read the first book in order to understand it. The author draws us so deeply into the fictional world that it is impossible to put down. It was just that compelling. H
Freda Labianca
I'm sitting on a HUGE fence with this book. That bothers me slightly, as I did love the first book no questions.
There were so many parts that were great. I love fantasy, so having dragons, dwarves and magic in the story always captures my attention. I also loved some of the characters, and not necessarily the main ones. Take Lucinda, for example. Her love and commitment to Leo is so honorable and endearing. When others doubt it, you can't help but adore her.
But there were times I felt like there
Louisa
I loved this book, seeing them some more, as things got more complicated, loved it! Can't wait to read The Rising King in 2 days!!!
Joy Whiteside
This was a nice refreshing read.

It was awesome to see how the story progresses from beginning to end. The story moves at a really nice pace from the beginning to end.

Shea Berkley has created an interesting world with interesting characters. Once I started reading I could not stop until the end and even then I didn't want the story to stop.

I cannot wait to see what Shea Berkley has got planned for the future.
Jenelle
Oh how I tried!

I saw reviews for the 3rd book where a bunch of people didn't realize it was in a series and liked it so much they went back and read the others.

So I figured things HAD to get better. But they didn't. It was brutal. The characters all turn into jerks. The end.
Kay - Lee
This book was good like the first one if not better. I really enjoyed reading this book it was hard to put down. Looking forward to the next book.
Kim Heimbuch
Update 4/14/13- Review coming soon as I have to wait for it appear at it's original review site listing.
Ambyr Wells
Ambyr Wells marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Katelin
Katelin marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Iago Victor
Iago Victor marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Saff
Saff marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
  • Chaos (Kardia Chronicles, #1)
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Such Sweet Sorrow
  • Ward Against Darkness (Chronicles of a Reluctant Necromancer #2)
  • Fractured Soul (Fractured Light, #2)
  • Dyed and Gone (An Azalea March Mystery, #1)
  • Hold Tight (The Embrace Series, #2)
  • Knight Assassin
  • Intuition (Transcendence, #2)
  • Blüd and Magick
  • Lives of Magic (Seven Wanderers Trilogy, #1)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • Guardians (Seers, #3)
  • Gravediggers
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Contrition (The Perception Trilogy, #3)
  • Charmed Vengeance (The Aether Chronicles, #2)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
I'm an author of YA fantasy novels, which means I'm the luckiest person alive 'cause I get to spend my day playing with my characters. Some are totally cool, others aren't so nice, but they all bring something to the party.

More about Shea Berkley...

Keepers of Life (3 books)
  • The Marked Son (Keepers of Life, #1)
  • The Rising King (Keepers of Life, #3)
The Marked Son (Keepers of Life, #1) The Rising King (Keepers of Life, #3) Once Upon a Time: Queen of All, Enemy Inside Stone Cold Dead: A Novella (Dark Secrets #0.5) Edge of Evil (Dark Secrets #1)