Start by marking “The Book of Isaiah: A New Translation with Interpretive Keys from the Book of Mormon” as Want to Read:

Published March 1st 1988 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The Book of Isaiah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of Isaiah

Rachel
Oct 02, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Decided to tackle Isaiah and grabbed this for help :) I thought it was insightful and extremely helpful in identifying study keys for the book of Isaiah. I definitely need a deeper understanding of Jewish history and culture to truly appreciate Isaiah, but Gileadi really helped me to comfortably interpret Isaiah's writings verse by verse.
Tobias
Nov 25, 2008 Tobias rated it it was amazing
Like most people I have a hard time understanding Isaiah. Avraham has studied and lived as a Jew, and is LDS. With his unique perspective and understanding I am seeing how amazing the book of Isaiah is. Isaiah's message is one that each of us needs to understand if we are going to be prepared for the Lord's coming.
Steve
Jan 02, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing
1: You should own this book.
2: Dr. Gileadi's translation of Isaiah is phenomenal.
3: I found his interpretation enlightening and fascinating and really think for the most part that he has hit the nail on the head. It is an easy and fun read. The book is divided into two parts; the first half of the book covers the interpretive keys and the second half is the translation. This is great because you can study up on the keys and go right into Isaiah with the information fresh in your mind. This real
Bonnie Atkinson
Dec 08, 2011 Bonnie Atkinson rated it it was amazing
While an extraordinarily useful guide and probably the best translation of Isaiah we have out there now, I strained a bit at some of what I feel are misunderstandings. There is a great deal of time spent on the "arm" of Jehovah, and I just don't concur with his interpretation. Unfortunately, as with anything, once the assumption has been made, everything built upon it is shaky.

Still, that is one part of the text. I find this an absolutely indispensable companion and use it often. Kudos to Gilead
Nedra Sproul
Nov 27, 2015 Nedra Sproul rated it it was amazing
Reading this translation beside the King James Version and parry's understanding gave me a good comprehensive way to begin to understand this prophetic book of scripture.
Peggy Cook
Peggy Cook rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Larry
Larry rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2008
DreamPacker
DreamPacker rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2008
Steven Montgomery
Steven Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2009
Kent
Kent rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2011
David
David rated it liked it
May 06, 2012
Stephen T.
Stephen T. rated it really liked it
May 25, 2013
Rena
Rena rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2008
Robert Nelson
Robert Nelson rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2008
Lance
Lance rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2008
Craig Case
Craig Case rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Sheldon Loar
Sheldon Loar rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2012
Collin
Collin rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Warren Buffington
Warren Buffington rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2010
James Davenport
James Davenport rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2009
Kellie Barlow
Kellie Barlow rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2010
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2010
Greg
Greg rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Steven
Steven rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2011
Ernie Dawson
Ernie Dawson rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2010
Littece
Littece rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2013
Tami
Tami rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Dena Lund
Dena Lund rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
thaabit
thaabit rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Deila
Deila rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2014