An Affair to Remember (Freedom in Love, #1)

An Affair to Remember (Freedom In Love #1)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Monica Townsend enjoyed living the quiet life of a book editor - but, from the moment she stepped through her office door one evening, everything changed. Kidnapped at gunpoint, she was held hostage at an abandoned warehouse, praying her life would be spared as shots rang through the air.

Married Police Officer, Chase Travers, was on duty when the call came in. Being the fi...more
Published September 17th 2011

Sandy Wolters
Book: An Affair To Remember
Series: Freedom In Love, Book 1
Author: Norma Budden
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Length: Approximately 126 pages

I'm a huge fan of romantic suspense. AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, Book 1 in the Freedom In Love series by NORMA BUDDEN, offers the reader a good suspense story and a not so typical love story that I really enjoyed.

Monica Townsend lives a quiet, somewhat lonely life as a book editor never suspecting that someone has been watching her every move since her father's death at...more
Samantha
A stalker is watching author Monica Townsend from the shadows. She is kidnapped, and later rescued by the local cop Chase Travers, a man with his own problems. After he saves her they are forced to flee for her safety, with Chase the cop protecting Monica. They end up falling for each other, but can’t be together.
I admit that I kept thinking that this was going to be a predictable story and I had it all figured out. But I was wrong more often than not and I liked that! This novel is on the sho...more
Kelley
Mystery, suspense, romance – this book has it all!

I was engrossed with this book as soon as I read about the man who lived in the shadows. That was in chapter 1, first paragraph! So much suspense! Who was this man? What did he want? At this point, I didn’t know, but had to keep reading to find out.

I then fell in love with two of the other characters. There was Chase, a career police officer who loved his job for the heart warming moments that sometimes came with the territory, but was starting...more
Dianne
This book met all of my criteria for a good read. It made me cry. It made me connect with the characters and really care what was going to happen to them. It kept me guessing with all of the twists and turns of the plot, beautifully done, I might add. The ending was perfect! My compliments to the author and I really am looking forward to reading more of her books. There is nothing better for readers than finding new authors whose work they thoroughly enjoy!
And if you wonder whether the love at f...more
Claire
What an amazing story! I still have goosebumps! (actual, literal goosebumps!) I read “An Affair to Remember” in one sitting, and I loved how easy this was to read! I was never once bored (impossible with all the crazy drama happening every second!) and the author’s writing style was very engaging and compelling. There were no mistakes or editing errors that I saw, which is always nice. The only thing I thought was weird at first was that it seemed like Monica and Chase fell in love way too quick...more
Book Princess Sophia
When I first started this book, I wasn’t prepared to love it as much as I did! But I really enjoyed it. The characters that Ms. Budden created in not just Monica and Chase, but in all the supporting cast enriched the story and made me feel like I was a part of what was going on. And while at first I was disappointed with Monica’s decision at the end, I understood why it had to happen, and that in fact it, was the very heart of this love story. And I must say that the author’s note at the end rea...more
Lynn Hallbrooks
After reading an excerpt of this book on Wattpad, I knew that I needed to find out more of what was going on. I was not disappointed in anyway. The story was so believable that I felt as if I was watching it unfold before my very eyes. The ending was a complete surprise. I’m looking forward to reading the sequel,When Love Abides.

This book isn't just a good read, it's a great read.
Nola Arganbright
A great read with a good suspenseful storyline. Monica and Chase are a good match and the secondary characters are strong. I was totally involved with hoping to find why Monica was being pursued. A very exciting read and I look forward to the next book by Norma Budden.
Karla Bostic
Simply a MUST READ
I absolutely loved this first book in the series. I was drawn in to the characters from the first page. Norma has a way of making them feel as if they are your friends and you are seeing it all happen before you eyes. There was a lot of action packed in these pages and it keeps you hooked. You find yourself not able to put it down and that it ends long before you are ready to stop. The good thing is there is another one in the series to check out. I completed this in one night...more
Anthony Bellaleigh
A very pleasant and easily readable women's adventure story.
The only thing stopping me giving it 4 stars is that, on occasion, it seemed to rush itself and this undermines some otherwise excellent prose and sensitive storytelling (but maybe that's just me though: I do prefer longer stories).
Worth a try for 99 cents.
Norma Budden
Oct 26, 2013 Norma Budden added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2013
Ann Swann
Ann Swann marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Teena Reid
Teena Reid marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2012
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Janna Shay
Janna Shay marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Cameo
Cameo marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2012
A resident of Nunavut in Arctic Canada, Norma Budden makes her home with her three children and grandson.

In addition to writing, she works as an Administration Manager for The Northwest Company.

Norma enjoys reading whenever she gets the opportunity, though she spends time sewing, baking/cooking and taking photos whenever the opportunities present themselves.

Norma wishes she could travel every coup...more
More about Norma Budden...
Coming Unglued: A Mother's Journey into Hell As Angels Watch Moonlit Walk Written on the Stars Hershey Falls