Start by marking “The Scariest Night” as Want to Read:
The Scariest Night

The Scariest Night

3.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When her family decides to spend the summer in Milwaukee so that her adopted brother can perfect his genius at a special piano school, Erin finds herself consumed with jealousy and turns to a medium for help.
Published August 1st 1993 by Scholastic (first published October 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Scariest Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scariest Night

Lynley
May 20, 2016 Lynley rated it liked it
This is a book I would have read had I not stopped reading completely when I hit adolescence. (I regret this.) It was published when I was twelve and there was always something alluring about those American Apple paperbacks.

I started reading this to the eight-year-old last week but she lost interest after a chapter. For some reason I wanted to know what happened so I read it for myself.

An adolescent girl with slightly snarky behaviour is taken away to a new home, which turns out to be an abando
Lisa
Jun 28, 2016 Lisa rated it it was ok
Cute. Certainly not the usual spooky Betty Ren Wright. It was actually just a nice little story - not what you'd expect from the terrifying dolls on the cover.
Michelle
Mar 04, 2015 Michelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: ref-booktalker
Listed as Q3 = A good story with some faults, P3 = A booktalk on this title will excite most people’s interest
Julia
Jul 05, 2011 Julia rated it it was ok
this was definatly NOT "the scariest night" for me anyway. the only scary part was towards the end...... i wouln't spoil it for you, but don't get your hopes up, it isn't really even that scary. i didn't like this book very much, unlike most of betty wren wright's other books. abduction is pretty scary and it makes you double check underneath the bed, in the closet, and lock your doors and windows before you go to bed. i would not recomened this book to you if you are looking for something spook ...more
Phoenix K.
Apr 24, 2013 Phoenix K. rated it it was ok
The Scariest Night was okay. I was hoping it would be a bit scarier, but the most frightening part, which wasn't that frightening at all, wasn't until the last two chapters. However, this book is ideal for a young reader who is looking for something spooky that won't keep them from sleeping soundly at night.
Megan
Apr 16, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it
This one was one of my favorites of this author. It had a neat twist, but what made it even better was the relationships between the characters and different personalities existing in the same apartment building
Tara Calaby
Two and a half stars, really. For what it is, it does it quite well, but it loses half a star for clueless parents ;)
Irma Gonzales
Jun 02, 2013 Irma Gonzales rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
hey how do you read it on this site it is hard to find
Anna
Michelle
Jul 18, 2008 Michelle rated it did not like it
just no...
Jocelyn Stark
Jocelyn Stark marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Lauren Elliott
Lauren Elliott marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Wassodelphin35
Wassodelphin35 marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Allison McCutcheon
Allison McCutcheon marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Dayna
Dayna marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Barb Mitchell
Barb Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Jahnelle
Jahnelle marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Hanna
Hanna rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Karen Gagnon
Karen Gagnon rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
angel brown
angel brown marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Betty Ren Wright is an author of children's fiction including The Dollhouse Murders, The Ghosts Of Mercy Manor and A Ghost in The House among others.

She was born June 15, 1927 in the U.S. and she is currently working on her 26th novel. Ms. Wright lives in Kenosha, Wisconsin, with her husband, George Frederiksen, a painter.
More about Betty Ren Wright...