Start by marking “Flirting with Italian” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Italian

Flirting with Italian

Bag: packed. Flight: booked. Soon I'll be in Rome and experiencing life in a foreign language! Watch this space...
Newly single Sarah Gratton is determined to enjoy her holiday--could a just-for-fun romance with dark-eyed Matteo di Serrone be the answer? This Italian count is ideal flirting material--if Sarah's brave enough to make a move!
Well, she might not be--but lucki
Published December 1st 2011 by Harlequin Presents (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Italian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Italian

Linniegayl
Apr 05, 2013 Linniegayl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave this a DIK (A- review) at All About Romance.

Nas Dean
Jan 02, 2012 Nas Dean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FLIRTING WITH ITALIAN by Liz Fielding is a January 2012 release by Harlequin Romance.

Sarah Gratton takes a teaching job in Italy to get away from the memories of where her heart shattered. She shares her experiences via a blog with her old school back in England.

One day she goes looking for a village where her grandfather had found shelter during the war. What will she find in the village? Will she find the special lady who helped her grandfather?

Matteo di Serrone is now living in the house tha
Ally Blake
FLIRTING WITH ITALIAN

Liz's latest romance, Flirting with Italian, is right now up for the RoNA Rose award which is a super big deal in the UK. And no wonder. The heroine, a teacher who has run away to Rome after a big break-up, is fun lovely and true, and the hero an Italian Count. As fantasies go, it's a good 'un!

One of the things I loved best bit that stayed was Sarah's blog. Asked by her Principal back home to write a blog about her Roman adventure for her students, Sarah smartly knows her st
Toni Sands
Dec 21, 2011 Toni Sands rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Would you like to take a trip to Italy? You don’t do heights? The good news is that you don’t need to take a plane. Just check in at Mills and Boon and let Liz Fielding’s capable hands transport you to Rome. Heroine Sarah has a good reason to quit UK shores and reinvent herself. She’s enchanted by her new flat and happy to find work in the city. But when curiosity leads her into the countryside on a golden October day, she encounters Matteo, a dark-haired Italian edible enough to ramp up her hea ...more
Natalija
Jul 05, 2012 Natalija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
I am always intrigued by the books that take place in Italy. There is just something exciting about being able to vividly imagine and recognize the setting. Liz Fielding's "Flirting with Italian" is set in Rome & its surroundings. Author did a great job describing and capturing the atmosphere, thus making the ambience almost like a character.

Although the book focuses on two main characters, Sarah & Matteo, it has also a secondary story about Sarah's great-grandfather and a certain woman
Michelle Stalker
I just received this in the mail from the contest! Thanks a bunch can't wait to dive in! It is also signed by the author with a personal note to me :) YAY!
Carol  MacInnis
Mar 30, 2012 Carol MacInnis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I won this book from a contest on Goodreads.

Sarah Gratton is a teacher at Maybridge High which she considers her dream job. Recently dumped by the man of her dreams, the Head at her school approached Sarah to offer her a teaching position in Rome which she readily accepts. Her Great Grandfather, Lex, was skeptical of her abrupt move, but wished her the best. He also told her a story about when he was in the war in Italy and his plane developed engine trouble and he had to bail in freezing temper
Alison
May 17, 2013 Alison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this sweet romance, it was just the tonic I needed.

Sarah, a teacher has recently been dumped by her fiance for another woman. Deciding to change her life, she takes a temporary teaching job in Rome, and at the same time researches her gt grandfather's experiences there during WWII.

Of course, she couldn't have known she would bump into the gorgeous Matteo, current owner of the house her gt grandfather was hidden in. Oh, and she writes great blogs too!

Recommended for a light, fun and feelg
Teresa
As per usual, Liz Fielding does not disappoint. Engaging, charming characters with a flavour of Italy.

Even without the sex on the page, this sweet romance has sizzle factor. A sensual, flirty and fun read. There is a gentle comic element that Liz does so well - there is some great dialogue between her two characters.

Liz manages to get the emotions and passion and all those tingly feelings that go with romance and love amazingly on to the page.
Stevie Carroll
Apr 22, 2012 Stevie Carroll rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've worked in Rome, and while this story didn't fully capture the experience of arriving there as a non-Italian-speaker on a working holiday, it came close enough. Plus there was the backstory mystery of a wartime romance, and a thoroughly engaging collection of family and friends for the hero and heroine respectively. I also enjoyed the blog posts that were interspersed with the narrative.
Barbara
Jul 10, 2012 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every so often while reading this, I found myself confused - was the heroine dreaming, having some sort of psychic experience or was the action really happening. But those moments didn't detract from the story. I was intrigued with the whole subplot regarding the heroine's great grandfather. And the hero - Mateo - I'd have a fling with him too!
Nicola Marsh
I adore Italy and reading this book makes me want to jump on a plane right now and revisit!

This book is lush with tastes and smells and poignancy.

Liz Fielding has penned a beautiful romance, rich and evocative and sigh-worthy.

Recommend.
Rosalie Ash
Jan 05, 2013 Rosalie Ash rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, the title, the setting, and the characters. I enjoyed the clever addition of the heroine's blog, and the dual-layered love story past and present. A warm, witty and moving romance.
Marion
Jan 03, 2012 Marion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Thank you Liz Fielding for the signed copy and for the wonderfully romantic story.
Melinda Hammond
Jul 16, 2012 Melinda Hammond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book took me away from the rainy UK summer to sunny Italy - perfecft escapism.
JoAnne
Sarah's boyfriend has dumped her for another woman. They both work at the same high school, so she decides to take a job in Rome, Italy, subbing for a teacher on maternity leave. Her great grandfather, Lex, was saved by an Italian woman during WWII. Sarah decides to go and find this woman. She meets Matteo at the house where Lex stayed. Matteo is intrigued by Sarah but suspects that she is not what she seems. They start seeing each other and then fall in love but the past keeps them apart. How? ...more
Carrie
Jan 30, 2012 Carrie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
A- grade on AAR 1/30/12
Arminzerella
Tia
Feb 21, 2012 Tia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It all started with a story her grandfather Lex told her, about him fighting in the war as a pilot. His plane had crashed, he was the enemy and a young beautiful woman named Lucia rescued him. She and he were lovers and when he finally went back home, he didn't know she was pregnant with his child.

Enter Sarah ninety years later and she's off to Rome, in search of the place in the story when she runs into Matteo. Matteo is a Conte, he is full of sexy latin blood and Sarah can't seem to resist him
Fanny Roswita Ria
Romantis (checklist)
alur lambat (checklist)
intrik tdk klimaks (checklist)
cerita kadang tdk dimengerti (checklist)

ada Sarah Gratton, wanita yg dari Inggris dengan latar belakang Guru dengan tittle Sejarah Kuno, datang ke Italia dengan 2 tujuan yaitu menghindari tatapan sedih semua pihak sekolah dan keluarga krn dirinya ditinggal oleh Tom, kekasih yang telah lama dan akan menjadi calon suaminya; serta mencari tempat yang kebetulan memiliki lowongan kerja untuknya di Italia. Berbekal dengan bahasa
Elizabeth
Julie
The writing in Flirting with Italian isn't terrible. It could be fleshed out a bit more, but this is a category romance so I knew it was going to be short and follow a certain formula. It follows an English schoolteacher, Sarah, as she moves to Italy for a new job and uncovers some family history. She stumbles into a romance with a man named Matteo, who may have a relative that helped Sarah's grandfather sixty years ago when he was a soldier.

This book fell flat for me with one-dimensional charac
KarenF
Charming romance between Sarah, a schoolteacher from England who's doing a substitute year in Rome after a bad breakup, and Matteo, an Italian Count, set in Rome and in a village outside of it. Matteo may be a Count but their relationship was actually quite down-to-earth and could be between any teacher and a successful businessman. The romance itself would probably get 4*s but there was a back story involving Sarah's great-grandfather and a woman form Matteo's village and the timeline and famil ...more
Esra
Çok şükür bu çeviriyi de tamamladım :) İçinde bazı gizleri olan güzel bir kitaptı... Kalp acısı çeken İngiliz öğretmen Sarah, işine Roma'da devam etme kararı alıyor.. Dedesi Lex, gitmeden önce ona bir sırrını veriyor ve Sarah bunun üzerine Roma'ya yerleştikten bir süre sonra araştırma yapmaya karar verip Serrone'ye gidiyor... Orada karşısına tam da Lex'in yazmış olduğu reçetedeki tariflere uygun bir adam çıkıyor... Kara gözlü İtalyan sevgili... Sonrası hikayede saklı :D Kitap sağolsun İtalyanca ...more
Carmen
Jan 25, 2012 Carmen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Classic HR.I liked the characters but the irritating intrusion of the heroine's blog made the book unappealing. I felt the blogging was used as plot filler and that is disappointing in a serial romance novel. Rebecca Stratton, another HR writer had a similar plot line 35 years ago and produced a much better novel.(Run from the Wind HR# 1839)
Aarati
Charming and deeply romantic, this was a lovely HR escape read. The heroine is especially relatable (she is a schoolteacher who moves to Italy to escape a bad breakup) and the hero believably sweeps her off her feet. Excellent for what it is.
Bungluna
Dec 28, 2013 Bungluna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Perfect nice fun read. The blog bits threw me off. I would have liked a bit less fade-to-black on the love scenes too.
Shh I'm reading!
I was in the mood for a quick sweet romance and this certainly delivered.
ms bookjunkie

A sweet, entertaining read with a delicious taste of Italy.
Vina
Feb 10, 2013 Vina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
biasa aja....
  • Cracking the Dating Code (The Wests, #2)
  • Honeymoon with the Rancher
  • We'll Always Have Paris
  • Beauty and the Brooding Boss
  • Cupcakes and Killer Heels (Brothers & Sisters, #2)
  • The Summer of Living Dangerously
  • The Wedding Date
  • A Bride for the Island Prince
  • The Inherited Bride
  • First Time Lucky?
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • When Honey Got Married
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • Caught on Camera (Harlequin Blaze #608)
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • The Ramirez Bride (The Ramirez Brides #1)
  • Say It with Diamonds
  • Vegas Pregnancy Surprise
Best-selling author, Liz Fielding, has more than 15 million books in print. Nominated seven times for RWA's prestigious RITA award, she won with The Best Man & The Bridesmaid in 2001 and The Marriage Miracle in 2006. A Family of His Own won the RNA's Romance Prize, and was named Reviewers' Choice Best Harlequin Romance by Romantic Times BOOKreviews in 2005. She has also been given a Lifetime A ...more
More about Liz Fielding...