Start by marking “Philippa (The Friarsgate Inheritance #3)” as Want to Read:
Philippa (The Friarsgate Inheritance #3)

Philippa (The Friarsgate Inheritance #3)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  956 ratings  ·  14 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Bertrice Small takes us back to the sensuality, drama, and intrigue of King Henry's sixteenth-century court to tell the story of the daughter of one of her most beloved characters.The eldest child of Rosamund Bolton and heiress to the Friarsgate manor, Philippa Meredith is devastated when she discovers that the man she sought to marry has ...more
Published December 5th 2006 by Signet (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Philippa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Philippa

The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
124th out of 379 books — 706 voters
Marked by P.C. CastMidwives by Chris BohjalianNight by Elie WieselMadeline by Ludwig BemelmansMisery by Stephen King
One Word Titles - L through R
49th out of 108 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Beatrice Small is amazing, I cannot describe her in any words, she is beyond anything in this world. Her words are magic & I adore all of her books, the tales of kings & queens of yore. You feel like your there, in the presence of the exalted highnesses of long ago. You feel for the heroine's and their male counterparts. I love her !!!!
Annette
I always enjoy Bertrice Small's books and own quite a few of them. The book I read before this one...not by Bertrice Small....was very emotional and a strong book....So this was perfect for me to read right now. I loved Rosamund and I've read Until You, but I had not found Phillippa until now. Wonderful, light, enjoyable.
Rachel
Really good story and I enjoyed it alot. In the beginning I was sick of Philippa's whining about court. She was so spoiled! But I enjoyed the story line alot. Can't wait to read the last book now.
Emily
Tried this book because I loved the author's Border Lord Series.
I couldn't finish the book; it was whiny, annoying, and soooo slow. BUT I don't think it had to do with the author; unlike the Border Lord Series which was set in Scotland with little references to England, this book is set in England.
So my conclusion is that England based romance novels just aren't as fiery in comparison to the Scotland based ones.
Linda
Aug 22, 2007 Linda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance lovers
Yes, Beatrice Small is predictable, but she does a great job with British and French history without boring me. The characters are likeable, and in traditional Beatrice Small style, she has enough romance for the "light read."
Jeny Breeden
I can't really said I read this because I quit half way through. The main character was a spoiled brat with no redeeming qualities to me. I tried to keep reading but I found myself wondering why I was wasting my time.
Lady
Oct 16, 2012 Lady marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Cori1312
Overall plot was good, but riddled with cheap romance novel characteristics.
Dec 05, 2008 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: erin
not as good as rosamund. not a whole lot happens.
Lindsey
Mar 05, 2015 Lindsey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
A great read by one of my favorite authors.
Grace
Dec 02, 2008 Grace added it
Could not finish. Boring.
Debbie
The book was ok average.
Bigjunk
Bigjunk marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
mary beth bourgeois
mary beth bourgeois marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Becky Gillis
Becky Gillis marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
  • Fierce Eden
  • The Border Hostage
  • Heartland
  • Tender Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #5)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Surrender to Love
  • Savage Skies (Savage (Leisure Paperback))
  • Fires of Destiny
  • Tears of Gold
  • To Love a Rogue
  • White fire
  • When Love Commands
  • A Heart For The Taking
  • Savage Surrender
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

The Friarsgate Inheritance (4 books)
  • Rosamund (The Friarsgate Inheritance #1)
  • Until You (The Friarsgate Inheritance #2)
  • The Last Heiress (The Friarsgate Inheritance #4)
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)