Start by marking “Les Celtes : Peuples et cultures” as Want to Read:
Les Celtes : Peuples et cultures

Les Celtes : Peuples et cultures (Ancient Civilisations: life, myth and art #7)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The Celts once populated an area rivaling the Roman empire at its peak, yet our knowledge of them is limited to secondhand accounts, a few written records, and beautiful artifacts scattered from Turkey to Ireland. Somehow these people still capture our imagination and challenge us to fathom their mysteries. Juliette Wood has accepted the challenge, offering panoramic photo ...more
Hardcover
Published 1999 by Gründ (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Les Celtes , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Celtes

Tatiana
Very nice book that gives detailed and interesting information about celtic culture, more precisely its symbols and recurrent themes, and combine that study with a lot of beautiful photographies (stunning locations, ancient artefacts...) and drawings.
The chapters begin with a general historical presentation of the Celts and then address the religious representations, the importance of the natural world, the beliefs and legends, and the cult of heroes.
The book mostly focuses on antiquity (and o
Erin H
This was a great book on the Celtic peoples. It covered many things from religion to art and I especially loved the pictures that were used. It definitely made me want to read more about the celts and I want to go visit some of the places mentioned!
Edrele
Jul 28, 2014 Edrele rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who is new to Celtic art and myths
A nice quick overview of the Celts and their culture leaves you wanting to learn more. The large format of the book also allows room for richly colored, full-page pictures to illustrate some of the points made by the author.
Ellie
I love this book! Filled with wonderful pictures and explanations, historical information. This book is on my resource shelf.
Linsy
Linsy is currently reading it
May 27, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Brandy
Brandy added it
May 10, 2015
Shelby Rollenhagen
Shelby Rollenhagen marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Cartulinas
Cartulinas marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Michelle Jackson
Michelle Jackson marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Paul Sawtell
Paul Sawtell marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Aaron Angel
Aaron Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Graham
Graham marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Bonita Adair
Bonita Adair marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Alice
Alice added it
Dec 26, 2014
Tracie Montgomery
Tracie Montgomery marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jennifer Tait
Jennifer Tait marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Yoki
Yoki marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Celtic Book of Living and Dying: The Illustrated Guide to Celtic Wisdom Eternal Chalice: The Enduring Legend of the Holy Grail The Holy Grail: History and Legend The Holy Grail: History and Legend Die Lebenswelt der Kelten