Start by marking “Genesis: Mirus Omnibus (Mirus, #1.1, 1.2, 1.3)” as Want to Read:
Genesis: Mirus Omnibus (Mirus, #1.1, 1.2, 1.3)

Genesis: Mirus Omnibus (Mirus #1)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Paranormal beings exist, among us, around us. Their strictest rule: keep the secret.

Forsaken by Shadow

When Embry’s father is kidnapped by human scientists and the Council of Races makes a firm decision of non-intervention, enforcer Embry Hollister must turn her back on her job and her government to go rogue and seek the help of the one great love from her past. Banished f
Published September 11th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Genesis

Sharon Hughson
Oct 22, 2015 Sharon Hughson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a collection of stories in the Mirus universe. They earn a solid 4.4 out of five stars from me.
First of all, part of the low score is expectations. I expected the stories to be more precisely linked together. All they have in common is a character and a universe of magical beings. They don't run sequentially (as far as I can tell) and there are big gaps in the overall story arc (the coming war between Mirus and humans).
Kait Nolan is a fantastic writer. I enjoyed seeing her focus more on
Rhenna Morgan
Mar 14, 2014 Rhenna Morgan rated it it was amazing
Such a well thought out series and well-written story. The characters were richly developed, the story well crafted, and--most importantly--neither the hero nor the heroine did stupid, unrealistic things simply for the sake of furthering the length of the story. :) (Gee, you can't tell that's a pet peeve of mine.) I saw a few opportunities where Kait could have easily gone the, "Oh my Gosh, it's an opportunity for a misunderstanding to keep us apart," route, but she never did. Loads of respect f ...more
Deniz
Nov 03, 2011 Deniz rated it really liked it
Whether you're an avid fantasy fan or not, FORSAKEN BY SHADOW will have you hooked from the first page on. The action starts right away and the characters are well developed and interesting. Very well paced and with just the right amount of explanation on the supernatural elements. I'd recommend it!

Blindsight: An edge-of-your-seat tale with romance sprinkled in. A tantalising read as we wait for the next full length novel in the Mirus world.

Devil's Eye: If you're looking for a short piece to rea
Alex Laybourne
Oct 24, 2011 Alex Laybourne rated it it was amazing
I first came across Kait through the social media scene. I found her to be a very gracious person, not to mention incredibly helpful, always full of tips and ideas. So when I got my kindle, the first things I bought were her novels / novellas.

When I saw that she was releasing Genesis I was delighted and cannot wait to get my hands on a copy.

Geneisis is all three of Kait's previosly published works in the Mirus Series in one fantastic package.

From the cage fighting shadow walker and his forbidd
Cheryl
Dec 22, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I love that these three stories have come together in Genesis. Forsaken By Shadow starts with one of the main characters waking up without his memory. He finds a family at Le Loup Garou, a bar in New Orleans with mixed clientle. It also follows Embry as she attempts to rescue her father. The is a romantic connection between Embry and Gage. Devil's Eye is the rescue of a human sister of Sophie, but she gets a bit of help from Mick, the wolf-shifter bartender from Le Loup Garou. Blindsight is the ...more
Kate Copeseeley
Dec 07, 2012 Kate Copeseeley rated it really liked it
I think I'm going to go with 3.5 on this one. Yeah. I think.

So, after reading this it is obvious to me that Urban Fantasy or Paranormal Fantasy, whatever you want to call it... is not for me.

Kait Nolan is arguably one of my FAVORITE indie authors, but I could barely work up the enthusiasm to finish this book. It was well written, I was invested in the characters and I definitely wanted to know more about them, but the setting, the world, the overall plot just didn't do it for me.

I would HIGHLY r
Sandra
Sep 29, 2012 Sandra rated it really liked it
Forsaken By Shadow - My Review, $0.99 on BN.com

Devil's Eye - My Review

Blindsight - My Review, FREE on BN.com
Melissa
Jan 28, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Genesis contains the first three works in the Mirus series. The characters, plots, and paranormal mythology all provide the reader with a worthwhile experience. I wish I could travel into the future and bring back the complete series instead of having to wait for the next work. Be impressed by the number of reviews of all of Kait's work. She is self published. Also, she has a wonderful stand alone novel. Red, which is not part of the Mirus series.
Wallene
Nov 17, 2013 Wallene rated it really liked it
Just wish Isla's story was longer!
Kerry Heath
Kerry Heath marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Ciara Tellier
Ciara Tellier marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
sedat  nezerli
sedat nezerli rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2016
Megen
Megen rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2016
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Ashmita Khurana
Ashmita Khurana marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Mitz
Mitz rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
MrsKat
MrsKat rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Victor Mora
Victor Mora marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
D
D marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Roma Skajasso
Roma Skajasso rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Marcie Ann Brown
Marcie Ann Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Suki Sather
Suki Sather marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2015
Joyce Souchak
Joyce Souchak marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Qutia Harris
Qutia Harris marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Celise
Celise marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I’m a southern gal, Mississippi born and raised. My nose stuck in a book is where I spent most of my days. Chillin’ out maxin’, relaxin’ all cool… oh wait, I’m starting to rhyme with the Fresh Prince theme song. Sorry…

Seriously though, I love books. I was a voracious reader, starting way back with Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys. I moved from mystery to paranormal to romance to romantic suspense. My wri
More about Kait Nolan...