Linie wroga II: Twierdza Rebelii

Linie wroga II: Twierdza Rebelii (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order #12)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  4,172 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Na Coruscant Luke i Mara Jade odkrywają cos, co może powstrzymać ekspansję Yuuzhan Vongów. Tropieni przez wroga muszą walczyć o życie. Tymczasem w galaktyce rozpoczyna się inna bitwa. Jej wynik może mieć niewyobrażalne skutki dla rycerzy Jedi i przyszłości Nowej Republiki...
Published 2002 by Wydawnictwo Amber Sp. z o.o.

To ask other readers questions about Linie wroga II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Linie wroga II

Adam
As a whole, the Duology that is Enemy Lines I & II acts a pivot point in the narrative of Star Wars: The New Jedi Order. Considering the steps that Aaron Allston took in Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream to give the reader the indication that hope was still to be found, Rebel Stand does not fail to deliver an intriguing story.

Following the mold of the first book in the Duology, Rebel Stand sticks very close to some of the less Force-Sensitive Characters while still allowing the Jedi who are present...more
Delray Beach Public Library Public Library
Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston
Enemy Lines 2
Star Wars The New Jedi Order 12

In this book of The New Jedi Order series, the mission to stop the Yuuzhan Vong’s attempt to overthrow the New Republic was barely successful. Meanwhile Han and Leia are stuck on a backwater planet about to give up the Jedi there to the Yuuzhan Vong. Thankfully, Luke and his Jedi allies have discovered something important about the Vong but before they can use it to advantage they are found out and now battle large hordes of...more
William
This second book in the Enemy Lines mini-arc was better than the first. It had more action, was more straightforward than its predecessor, and was even funny at times. Without trying to spoil the ending, I really enjoyed the final sequence when the Yuuzhan Vong make their last ditch effort to take Borleias, and Wedge Antilles and his small but determined band of soldiers & pilots fight back. I also started to really get a sense for Warmasters Tzulkang Lah and his son, Tsavong Lah. Both could...more
Jeff
Rebel Stand was the second book that I read by Allston - second to Rebel Dream. I have to admit, I was a little taken aback by his writing style because it seems more light and relaxed than other authors, and I wasn't really expecting it. Some authors in particular who shall remain nameless (James Luceno is long winded, isn't he?) seem to get a little stuffy with their explanations and when they try to add detail, they just go on and on and on and on. Allston doesn't do that. Instead, he gives y...more
Crystal Starr Light
"I don't want to discourage your curiosity, but I have to remind you, if something goes wrong, this is an exceptionally embarassing way to die."

When we last checked into our favorite galaxy far, far away under fire from an alien invasion force, Luke and Mara were on Coruscant for a recon mission and Borleias was hunkering down for war. In Rebel Stand, Luke and Mara find someone on Coruscant who is even more scary than the Yuuzhan Vong and Jaina the Trickster Goddess helps secure a great big vict...more
Daniel
Allston does a great job of bringing back fun to the New Jedi Order series. Where Troy Denning's Star By Star brought immense gravity, scope, and emotion to NJO, Allston's entries are a fun romp with some great military tactics, humor, and Wedge Antilles. It's somewhat at the expense of emotion and character development, but we've got action-packed fun that makes up for it.

Rebel Stand's major flaw is far too many characters. We don't get to see them develop and grow. They're not two-dimensional...more
Jonathan Nonnemacher
I was quite excited by the first entry in this duology, Rebel Dream. I liked the "insurgent" plotline, Luke and Mara leading a resistance cell to Coruscant, etc. I liked the defense of Borleias.

I was slightly less impressed with Rebel Stand.

I was expecting Luke and Mara to meet survivors, invite a group of spies into Coruscant. Instead, that didn't happen. Overall, a decent read, especially saved by the ending battle sequence between the Borleias defenders and the Yuuzhan Vong.

*SPOILERS BELOW*
Us...more
Lindsey
Cian Beirdd
A continuation of the previous, the book works from the assumption that the reader is now hoping as well and crashes the primaries into unfortunate circumstances. Considering Anakin's death and how badly Jacen is being treated, there is the thought that some of the old guard might die even if they win. I enjoyed the portrayal of Jagged here. Not Force sensitive but tremendously talented and a rock for Jaina.
The Artist Librarian (Jen)
May 12, 2013 The Artist Librarian (Jen) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans, X-Wing fans
Shelves: my-books, star-wars
One of, if not the best, duology of "The New Jedi Order" (NJO)series. The NJO is known for it's heavy plot and ambitious storyline previously unseen in the Star Wars universe. The seriousness of the storyline (with several main character deaths) sometimes felt oppressive as a reader, but then! The Enemy Lines duology and Aaron Allston arrives injecting more humor and levity than any of the other NJO authors had. Some may be familiar with Mr. Allston's Wraith squadron from the X-Wing novels --the...more
Yves
Leia et Han continuent leur tournée à travers la Galaxie pour unir les forces restant dans leur fameuse alliance. De son côté, Luke, Mara et leurs compagnons se rendent à Coruscant et doivent affronter une menace à laquelle ils ne s'attendaient pas. Jaina et ses amis pilotes décident de créer un mythe avec Jaina comme personnage central. Elle se fera passer pour une des déesse du panthéon Yuuzhan Vong.

C'est un autre épisode de la série qui ne m'a pas beaucoup émoustiller. J'ai bien aimé la parti...more
Frank Mikes
This book brings me back to what this series was like in the early days. Fighting against a terrible foe and with BIG battles on all fronts. The emotion and character development is still there and there are also some good tie-ins with what has happened previously.

The good: Well paced, characterisation that makes sense, epic battles handled well.

The bad: Some was a little too spectacular, and too neat, left hanging on a few issues. This and the book before (also by Aaron Allston) really need to...more
Jesse
The new Jedi order completely outpaces anything in the Starwars genre. This series was Dark, exciting, fast paced, and inspired. The writing was fantastic and the level of philosophy and force history was unparalleled. If your a fan at any level of the Starwars Universe than this series is a must read. It is on my top 5 of all time for a series and I treasured every moment I spent in that time. But beware, this isn't your typical Starwars book, be ready for a level of intensity that you've never...more
Michael Church
Just as I enjoyed Rebel Dream, Rebel Stand is one of the bright points for me in NJO. Allston puts together another fun narrative while maintaining the seriousness and gravity of the series as a whole. The time spent on Coruscant especially drives home this point. The Lord Nyax story line was riveting. One night it kept me reading for hours past what I wanted to because I refused to put the book down before it was resolved. Again, this book has rejuvenated my enthusiasm for NJO and I can't wait...more
Aric
Very satisfying plot. The trickster goddess Jaina inserts an interesting element to the book. Wedge is awesome.
Toby Andersen
Pretty good sw novel overall. Luke's mission is exciting and interesting and the book itself is well plotted - until page 240 when Irek Ismaren appears - WTF? it is a rubbish bad guy and a pointless part of the book that has basically nothing to do with the NJO or the Yuuzhan Vong. Disappointing and silly. Saying that Allston - is good at description - very tense space battles and other good stuff abound - just not the best NJO book. The Jaina trickster stuff is cool tho.

8/10 Bring on Traitor!!!
Mark
More of the same fun from the previous volume. It turns out that if you take a bunch of outside-the-box thinkers who are well-accustomed to impossible scenarios and turn them loose with little to nothing to lose - since, absent any action, their side is screwed anyway - you get good results.

If I have one complaint about this book it's that the whole business with Luke, Mara and Tahiri on Coruscant just feels like it doesn't quite fit in with the rest.
Bryan Long
The first of these two was just a touch better, but this one was fan as well. One really fun chapter was dedicated to our favorite droids as they attempt a rescue of Han and Leia. Not to thrilled with the Luke and Mara arc on Coruscant, but it was still fun. Oh, and Viqi finally gets whats coming to her. Allston's writing style is smooth and humorous. He made these characters fun to be around after a long period of darkness.
waltzy
My favorite two books of the New Jedi Order by far. To be honest, most of the NJ is too dark and too grim for me, but these books bring a bit of lightness and hope. The characters are actually effective at what they do and able to recover a bit from all of the setbacks they've faced. I really enjoyed what Allston did with the ensemble and enjoyed all of the plotlines.
Michael
The dark Jedi section of this book is a bit strange and jarring. It is entertaining, but an encounter with such a strong Jedi would normally take up a few books and not just a score of pages. The sections pertaining to this are still quite enjoyable, but also tend to bring you out of the story. The rest of the book goes quite well.
Eric Moreno
Monique
Honestly, Aaron Allston wrote all the best SW books. He incorporates his hilarity into his writing, which is a nice break from the forever-seriousness of some of the characters. (let's say...the ever-super-hottie Jag?)Jag & Jaina are so cute together. But that's a different topic. -- exciting, funny book. p-e-r-f-e-c-t.
Adam
So the "Enemy Lines" duology was not my favorite of the NJO. I did enoy the stand at Borleias sequnces but the mission to Corusant felt shoe horned in and unecessary. Not that they were poorly written, they just felt out of place within the context of the story.
Ashley
Luke's mission to Coruscant seemed like a way to get him off Borleias because he wasn't needed. Unless they end up doing something with the Force well on Coruscant later it seemed kind of pointless. Other than that I enjoyed Rebel Stand.
Matt Hartzell
Mar 06, 2009 Matt Hartzell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fans
Shelves: star-wars
The New Jedi Order is my favorite series in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It is a long and epic story, with large ramifications for all the Expanded Universe characters. It will keep you busy for a while!
Brendan
I enjoyed this book. More of Wedge Antilles, who is one of my favorite characters. I also enjoyed the side visit to Coruscant in search of something associated with the Dark Side. Good read.
Craig Andrews
Even better than the last one !!! The storyline on Coruscant was brilliant and it's nice to see the Dark Side of the force get a look in during the Vong invasion.
Ryan
This book felt like nothing but filler - there's nothing really that happens here that couldn't have been joined into the first part of the "Enemy Lines" sub-series.
Shaft
An interesting read in the NJO series Allston knows how to write this stuff.
Derek
not bad. good battles. hoping the momentum keeps up in the next book
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)
  • The Unifying Force (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #19)
  • Refugee (Force Heretic, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #16)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Star by Star (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #9)
  • Balance Point (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #6)
  • Ruin (Dark Tide, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #3)
  • Revelation (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #8)
Wraith Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing, #5) Iron Fist (Star Wars: X-Wing, #6) Solo Command (Star Wars: X-Wing, #7) Starfighters of Adumar (Star Wars: X-Wing, #9) Betrayal (Star Wars: Legacy of the Force, #1)

“Luke, I don't want to discourage your curiosity, but I have to remind you, if something goes wrong, this is an exceptionally embarassing way to die."

Mara”
7 likes
“Now, you should admit it: you are here engaged in some military action directed against the Yuuzhan Vong, knowing full well that any action you take could embroil the people of this peaceful world in your destructive war."
"Isn't destructive war kind of redundant? Until I see a constructive war, or even a giggly war, I have to think so."

Mudlath & Han”