Start by marking “My Cheeky Angel (Angels with Attitude, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Cheeky Angel (Angels with Attitude, #1)

My Cheeky Angel (Angels with Attitude #1)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Annie Hynes is a tomboy. Naïve and love-starved, she’ll soon to be celebrating her big 3-0. Something needs to be done! Celi, her ‘down-to-earth’ guardian angel appears to help kick-start Annie’s big change—her looks, her job, her whole life. By taking a managerial position with a sophisticated shoe manufacturer, Annie becomes embroiled with her new associates and hooked o...more
Published September 19th 2011 by Smashwords (first published September 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about My Cheeky Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Cheeky Angel

Avry15
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

Another angel book…I must say this one adds up to the humorous and a bit erotic shelf…it’s just a bit…:)

I love the story..oh..if guardian angels could really exist I bet I would ask for lovelife guidance too…

Here’s the summary:

It’s wonderful how the two bestfriends develop into something more…and I think this book advices readers to follow their heart…it also gives us the importance of loving your work not because other people want you to be in it…but...more
Maria
I read a lot of romances that leave me indifferent. Every once in a while I read something that touches me. Unfortunately, this book left me with a bad taste in my mouth and an incredulous feeling that anyone could find this a romantic story. Not only was the sexism especially rampant in this book (with sentences like: ‘What woman didn’t want to be a wife and a mother one day?’ and ‘She knew he was an experienced seducer. A woman senses such things.’)

Way worse, though, was the almost glorificati...more
Wendy
While the concept of this story initially appealed to me, sadly, it didn’t take long for the novelty to wear off. For being in the title of the book, this cheeky angel of hers doesn’t really play a very big role in the story other than providing a conscience. I guess the title “My Cheeky Conscience” doesn’t work as well, though.

The character development was told to the reader instead of shown, and a lot of that done in flashbacks. I also found Tyler’s initial description slightly confusing and...more
Cheryl M-M
This is a story that readers of the romance genre will probably enjoy. It features a Guardian Angel, who is quite determined in her efforts to help the main character turn her life around and find love. It has some steamy scenes in it, but nothing over the top.
What I found interesting about the main female lead were the moments or traumatic experiences that molded her as a person. Without revealing a spoiler, I think that her reaction to the traumatic event was as if she had experienced it herse...more
Jerri Hines
Lovely read. Quite enjoyed my night last night curling up with a good book. My Cheeky Angel was the exact book I was in the mood for. I loved the way Ms Barbour drew me into the story. Her character, Annie, you have to love. Kind-hearted and under appreciated, Annie wants a change in her life. With the help of her guardian angel, she finally gains the confidence to make changes in her life. The only problem is her friend Tyler. He's not so sure he likes these changes. Love the way the story brin...more
Donna (BLHmistress)
Here is another author I haven't heard of before until I bought my Kindle. I have to say I haven't read too many angel books which is surprising in itself really considering how much I love the paranormal. But let me say I am glad I pushed the buy button on this one.

Annie, who's life seems to be going nowhere then all of a sudden a guardian angel pops into her life literally to help her straighten or at least give her the courage to make some changes in her life. Tyler, her best buddy doesn't l...more
Deborah Hughes
I bought this book because I enjoy stories involving friends who end up falling in love. I was not disappointed! The writing is wonderful. That's a plus these days as I've downloaded a few low-priced Kindle books that, despite the low price, weren't worth my time to finish reading because the writing wasn't up to par. I expect the books I read to be free of errors (an occasional one is forgivable), flows well and has progressive character development. This book delivered. I like a story that pul...more
Tina
I received this book for free from the author with a request that I give an honest review. I wish we could do half stars, because I would really like to give this a 4.5. I really enjoyed reading this story. It is a nice contemporary romance with a guardian angel attached.

Annie is almost 30, she loves working at the day-care center, but she is not happy at this point in her life and she feels like she needs to leave before she hates it. There is definitely something missing in her life, so she...more
Ericka Spivey
I really enjoyed My Cheeky Angel by Mimi Barbour. The beginning grabs you and pulls you in. Your rooting for Annie and Tyler to see whats there through the book. Annie was a lovely character, a woman who was struggling with who she was as a person. She felt trapped the way she was living and wanted a change. But as the saying goes, "the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence". Through her changes she realizes whats important to her and what she actually needs in her life. Tyle...more
Cat
Wish I could give this 3.5 stars because it had a lot of unexpected elements.

Cons:
- didn't like the emphasis on products and make-up to make her "pretty." The author did acknowledge that the character is pretty, so I felt that it should have emphasized her confidence as radiating and making her beauty more obvious than buying expensive clothes and ridiculously high (impractical) stilettos.
- characters were almost TOO well-intentioned and good hearted; though I suppose that's why the main charact...more
Redheaded Bookworm
Great characters. I fell in love with Annie, Tyler and Hugo!
Annie is a tomboy who is unhappy leading the boring life of a daycare worker. The one bright spot in her life is her long time friend Tyler, who she secretly has a crush on, but since Tyler has been hurt many times, he has sworn off women. Which makes Annie perfect for a best friend. After having a little push from her guardian angel, Annie decides to make a career change, which in turn changes alot in her life. Annie soon sees that wh...more
Lorrie Schumacher
I do not normally care for romance, but this was a very cute story. It was an easy read and I finished it quickly. People can change and it isn't as hard as they make it out to be. Sometimes the change is for the better and you become that new person. Sometimes you decide the change wasn't for you and you decide to return to who you were and when you return, you realize that you have learned so much and become so much more confident in your abilities.

Annie decides to change who she is....will th...more
J.D.
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't stop grinning. This was my first Mimi Barbour book, but it won't be my last. I could so identify with the heroine, Annie, in her dull job, but one in which she totally excelled. When she was reaching her burnout point, her guardian angel, Celi kept throwing out all the signs that she needed to make a change. Her long time friend and crush, Tyler, has sworn off women after having his heart broken too many times. When she changes jobs and isn't as accessibl...more
Jenny Delandro
This is the second in the 'Angels with Attitude' series that I have read and I will looking for more by Mimi B.

Annie is not satisfied with her life...
She is bullied into making changes in her life by her guardian angel.
Annie's best friend is afraid/dismayed by the changes she has decided she must do to get what she wants....
Then she discovers that what she really wants ... she already had!!
Best friend turns into husband/lover material

Basically, Celi (the guardian angel) makes Annie aware to what...more
Pat Amsden

I started reading My Cheeky Angel the other day and couldn't stop. Somewhere around 2:30 to 3:00 in the morning I finished it but it's been quite awhile since I stayed up because I just had to see what happened next.

I loved Annie and Ty along with their guardian angel, Celi. It was a nice twist to have an angel with a gravelly voice from smoking in place of some ethereal being who seems too perfect to have ever been an earth bound mortal.
Jerrie Alexander
So far, I've not read a book by this author that I ddin't love. My Cheeky Angel is a warm story about Annie and Tyler and Celi. Annie's suffering from the desire to succeed at the corporate level while her heart wants to help people. Through out Annie's struggles to figure out what she wants and who she loves, Celi puts her two-cents worth in regularly.

It a heartwarming read, and I spent the entire day with Annie and Tyler.
JenniferJ
A quick short story about Annie's guardian angel showing her it doesn't take much to make a change in her life because Annie has grown bored with herself and wants to find romance, only the guy she is interested in only wants to be friends because he has been hurt to much in past romantic relationships.

Really sweet story. Perfect to warm up to and cozy with on a cold brrrr filled evening!
Christine
I wish I had a Guardian Angel like Annie did... Annie and Tyler were neighbors and friends who enjoyed hanging out. Till Annie had enough of her job and life. Enter the Guardian Angel, Celi. Helping Annie behind the scenes as she grew and accepted things around her.

A satisfying, heartwarming story that will make you believe.
Anna Markland
I really enjoyed this book. It's all about recognizing the value of something that's been there all along, but you just didn't see it. Don't we all need a push from our "cheeky" guardian angel now and again?
Barbour has created down to earth, believable characters in a heavenly book. My favourite Mimi Barbour novel.
Patricia Poupart
A very enjoyable read! Being a part of the business world, I could associate with Annie's feelings about her job and how it can consume you if you're not careful. I really enjoyed the romantic teases and interludes Annie & Tyler shared! Looking forward to reading "His Devious Angel" next.
Robin
Definitely a good read. The characters were well thought out. I could feel their pain and then happiness. I could relate. I had previously read "My Devious Angel" by the same author. I thoroughly enjoyed that one as well!
Amber
I really dont have anything to complain about. ;-) Great story,great characters, i especially liked the ending (not sarcastic, i actually did). i know this review sucks, sorry about it
Patricia Mason
My Cheeky Angel grabs you with its quirky humor, wonderfully drawn characters and the heartfelt romance. A great start to the Angels with Attitudes Series. Fresh and Fun.
Cheryl
this is a great love story as well as a great story about one finding oneself and what you really want. throw in some humorous angel and a story well worth reading.
Christy Duvall

I got this book for free from book rooster and did not expect too much. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was hooked to Annie and Tyler. Great story!!
Debbie
Definitely not a spine tingler, sit on the edge of my seat kind of book, but cute and easy to read.
Cheryl
this was a cute fun easy book to read! it was enjoyable and great for summer!!
Eva
fun easy read enjoyable characters
Camandwmm
Nice light, entertaining reading.
Katy Walters
Lovely enjoyable read.
Should there have been more of the angel in this book? 2 7 Jan 21, 2014 03:39PM
  • Yearnings: A Paranormal Romance Box Set
  • Husband Hunting 101
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift Series #2)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Serenity (Afterlife,#2)
  • The Scent of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery, #1)
  • Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1)
  • Some Day Somebody (La Fleur de Love, #1)
  • Hell Kat
  • The Necromancer
  • The Parent Pact (Return to Redemption, #3)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • Rush (Roam, #4)
  • Broken
  • Capturing the Cowboy's Heart
  • Match Me (Me, #1)
  • Catch Me a Catch
  • Oceans Between Us (A Cinderella Romance)
A word from the Author of The Vicarage Bench Series / Angels with Attitude Series / Vegas Series.
I’ve taken early retirement on Vancouver Island to spend my days and many nights hovering over my computer and spinning the stories that have been vying for my attention over the years.
My husband is supportive, drags me out to feed me and plans occasional forays into the outside world. I have a son w...more
More about Mimi Barbour...
Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3) His Devious Angel (Angels with Attitude, #2) The Surrogate's Secret Partners (Vegas, #1) Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)