Start by marking “Falling Into Queensland” as Want to Read:
Falling Into Queensland

Jacqueline George

Falling Into Queensland

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Shirley arrives in Port Bruce straight from the rainy streets of London. She has come to claim the house her late uncle and is immediately welcomed into the town of strange Queenslanders. She meets Marilyn, a strong woman who drives trucks and sews leather for a living. Marilyn takes her under her wing and introduces her to a community of bikies and its leader, Japan, a ...more
Published (first published July 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Falling Into Queensland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Into Queensland

Runningrabbit
Sep 24, 2011 Runningrabbit rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
This book might have a rather innocuous and possibly misleading cover, but underneath lies a fantastic tale! A good wind-up and a satisfying ending. If you want to go to a new world that actually exists, rather than hiding behind sci-fi and fantasy - this is a book for you. A great plot with an impending air of the mysterious - you know something is definitely going to happen, just not sure exactly what...
Monique
Nov 11, 2015 Monique rated it really liked it
I stumbled upon this book on the shelf in the library, and because I'm a Queenslander, I thought Id give it a go. At first I thought it was going to be tourist piece aimed at people not from Queensland - she calls the Far North Queensland rainforest the "jungle" (this is the World Heritage Listed Daintree rainforest we're talking about here) and all of the people speak like Steve Irwin (except for Lulu), but the story actually turned out to be pretty good and quite surprising.

It could have done
Aneta Horne
Mar 05, 2014 Aneta Horne rated it it was amazing
I think I have read all Jacqueline George's books and, as always, I eagerly looked forward to what comes next. Again, Jacqueline did not let me down. I absolutely loved her new book Falling Into Queensland. Jacqueline takes you on a tropical adventure, this time to Far Forth Queensland, a journey Shirley and her friends will never forget. I felt like I stepped back in time to a small, local town that has as many surprises as crocodiles in the river. I wonder where Jacqueline will take me next
Murray Gunn
Jul 22, 2016 Murray Gunn rated it liked it
Shelves: adventure
I read an earlier draft of this story, knowing that it wasn't really a genre I prefer. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it and I'm sure Jacqueline has improved on the version I read.
Deb Gourlay
Deb Gourlay rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Jacqueline George
Oct 09, 2011 Jacqueline George rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bouncy Butt..
Bouncy Butt.. rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2015
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Noelene Leddy
Noelene Leddy marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Jacqueline lives in the far north of Queensland, Australia, on the shores of the Coral Sea. She has a house built for the tropical climate - on tall stilts and with walls that open to let the breeze blow through.

She lives with her husband who is easily managed, and her marmalade cat Rudy who definitely isn't.

Jacqueline writes romantic stories because she is an unrepentant romantic at heart. But sh
More about Jacqueline George...