Start by marking “Sell More Books!: Book Marketing and Publishing for Low Profile and Debut Authors Rethinking Book Publicity After the Digital Revolutions” as Want to Read:

Can low-profile, not-yet-famous authors get published and sell lots of books? This multiple award winning book says "Yes!" and tells how.
..".a comprehensive guide to marketing a book...[a] well-written, engaging resource that's loaded with specific tips.... Brimming with creative ideas, Sell More Books! should prove to be a low profile author's best friend." - ForeWord R
Published June 8th 2011 by Wisdom Creek Press

To ask other readers questions about Sell More Books!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sell More Books!

Jenny Orelle
Apr 30, 2014 Jenny Orelle rated it it was amazing
It may have been the cost, but I was surprised by the quality of this book. I kept thinking "but this is so well written."

It's not a crass and cold marketing book (which I almost expect at a nothing-to-lose price). It's genuine and generous and the kind of book you'll want to re-read. I know I will.

I was happy to discover it's also a writing guide book. If you follow the authors' advice you will sell more books and learn where and how to ask for reviews the right way. Hint: don't buy them.
Linda Ulleseit
Jul 30, 2012 Linda Ulleseit rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-nonfiction
The first half of this book focused on writing a marketable book. This didn't really apply to me since my book is already written. The second half of the book gave very valuable advice for low profile authors to get the word out about their books. There was some repetition, but overall very good ideas. There is even a website for updated information since social media changes so quickly. The book taught me ways to tweak what I'm already doing with social media to enhance my efforts and focus on ...more
Staci Meyer
May 14, 2014 Staci Meyer rated it did not like it
I had a really hard time getting into this book. The material is interesting stuff, I just feel as though it could be captured in a more catching way. So I liked the information, but not the approach.
Marsha Hinton
Sep 16, 2012 Marsha Hinton rated it really liked it
This book has a number of good marketing tips for writers. It helped me to develop a marketing strategy that seems to be working. I would recommend it especially for people like me who are marketing impaired.
Peter West
Jul 03, 2012 Peter West rated it really liked it
Shelves: marketing
A good straightforward marketing guide which is well researched and full of useful information. Although US focussed the general principals are transferable to other countries also.
Judy Goodwin
Sep 10, 2013 Judy Goodwin rated it liked it
Good information if you're new to marketing. A bit dated for those who have already become familiar with self-publishing and marketing. I'd like to see more information about online ad campaigns.
Ann Addley
Jul 13, 2014 Ann Addley rated it really liked it
Great book, Lots of information on all the different steps of the self publishing process. Well worth the read.
Anita Agers-Brooks
Aug 12, 2013 Anita Agers-Brooks rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any author who wants to sell more books
Shelves: non-fiction
Fabulous marketing book for authors. This manual is chock full of practical ideas, secret lists, and other things that every author will want to know. I'm still referring back to it.
Alan McClain
Alan McClain rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Nicki Chen
Nicki Chen rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Tracy Krauss
Tracy Krauss rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
David Bossert
David Bossert rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Matthew Knisely
Matthew Knisely rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Andy Holligan
Andy Holligan rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Greg Elder
Greg Elder rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2013
P.D. Workman (Pamela)
P.D. Workman (Pamela) rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
John
Mar 19, 2012 John rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2015
William Hall
William Hall rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2013
H.S. Stone
H.S. Stone rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Valerie Lull
Valerie Lull rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Damian Fanella
Damian Fanella rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2012
Kathy Steinemann
Kathy Steinemann marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Jean Hansen
Jean Hansen marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Catherine Limbsombe
Catherine Limbsombe marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Hossam
Hossam marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Karl
Karl marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Faith Faith
Faith Faith marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Craig
Craig added it
Oct 21, 2015
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016