Start by marking “The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)

The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries #1)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  6,585 ratings  ·  337 reviews
A routine mission…

Sean Taggart is hunting a deadly terrorist, and his only lead is the lovely Grace Hawthorne. She's the executive assistant for an employment agency Sean suspects is a front for illegal activities. To get the truth, he is going to have to get very close to Grace, a task he is all too eager to undertake when he discovers her deliciously submissive nature.

…t
Published September 27th 2011 by DLZ Entertainment (first published September 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Dom Who Loved Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dom Who Loved Me

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
19th out of 555 books — 710 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
35th out of 712 books — 1,159 voters

More lists with this book...

~IreneOust~♥s~Søren~Ben O'Callahan~Joe Callahan~Nick Pagano~Spin~Deacon~Isaac~Carlo~

SOLID 4 STARS!

There were several reasons I enjoyed this book.

Here are my TOP THREE:

3. Lexi Blake can write a great story and even better sex plus younger H/older h pairing is always welcome in my book. If you are a fan of sexy suspense stories, this one was should do the trick!

2. Using CC as visual for Sean (thanks, Allison! I owe you one! He he ...) was a BONUS!

photo codyfucking_zps8453e2a5.jpg

... and if a still wasn't enough, here comes the GIF ...

photo codydreamyeyes_zpsbb4dba86.gif

1. BRing this with Jennifer which is ALWAYS a blast! Thanks, babe! xo

Looking
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3,5 I Want The Broody Brother Stars

Well... This was both better and worse than I'd thought it'd be. I thought I would love the romance and be bored by the suspense but it was the other way around. The plot-line was interesting and engaging but the romance left a lot to be desired.

My problems:

1) The insta-love. I have high tolerance for insta-love but saying the "I <3 u"s your second day dating is too much even for me. I may have choked it up but I think when the protagonists of a book are o
4 SEXY VIKING STARS!!!!!

I’m going to spank you because you’ll like it.

Before I even start this review, I want you to scroll down and look at Sean's arms.....

Right?!

Now imagine those arms and hands spanking your ass.

Right?!

Are you still there? Well, you shouldn't be.

My Sean:

Hero

My Grace:

She has a self-possession that only comes from being very well loved. It’s intensely attractive.

The first time Sean sees Grace, it is in a picture with a man who is the target of their next op. He works with his
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ "But I Digress" Queen
3.5 Flaggin' a Lil Stars

This was good and I enjoyed it.

Although, not gonna lie, the whole spy/espionage/mystery story line was a little lost on this idiot for a bit there.

So there's that.

description

Now, I'm not saying I'm a BDSM connoisseur by any means...

...but I've read a lot of BDSM.

description

And I guess I would classify this as "BDSM-lite."

Which I'm totally not knocking.

Because sometimes you feel like having your cake with a little less frosting.

Speaking of cake...

...this installment's Dom (Sean) is a wann
Dd
---3.25 stars---

Sean Taggart,32 years old,is a very,very dangerous man.Once a decorated Green Beret he had been on the most dangerous missions the army had in Afghanistan.He had also worked for the CIA.Now he works in McKay/Taggart security services lead by Sean's older brother Ian and Alexander Mckay.

And this man can COOK (heavenly,let me add that)!!

**drooling**

They are approached by Peter Lincoln,the head of a lumber consortium,to find a man named Patrick Wright who is the suspected leader of
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Edited January 4, 2012 (I downgraded it from 4 to 3.5/3 stars)

3.5 stars.

"My recipe for dealing with anger and frustration: set the kitchen timer for twenty minutes, cry, rant, and rave, and at the sound of the bell simmer down and go about business as usual.”
- by Phyllis Diller –

I have to explain this quote. The Dom Who Loved Me got me all worked up; it was frustrating at times and I had to simmer down. Hold your horses, Baba...Although I have to admit that I didn’t use a kitchen timer. But I’m
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, I thought this would be a five star read when I started it. The first half really was fantastic but then the main dude did something that I really didn't like, plus I didn't like how the huge conflict between main characters was settled. Oh well. But I love the fact that these books have suspense in them and I loved all the humor!!!!!!! Brilliant! So I'm definitely continuing with the series :D
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
First I'd like to say thank you for that cover. It really got me in the mood for reading the book.

This one is really top notch - fantastic writing, strong and believable characters, humor, and hot wicked erotic BDSM! Grace is every womans woman in nearly every way - from how she thinks to the fact that her body isn't perfect. She's strong in all the good ways - the ways us normal girls have to be. We can't all be kick a$$ demon hunters you know! She is also willing to be open enough to be a litt
~ Becs ~
I was sucked in by the cover on this one – it’s just gorgeous.

Unfortunately, it took me more than half the book to connect with the characters before I felt fully engaged and cared about what happened to them. Grace is a lovely heroine – a sweet, trusting widow who’s been alone too long and indulges in BDSM romantic fiction but has never actually tried the lifestyle for herself.

Enter Sean – deep undercover, he attempts to woo her and get her to submit as part of his cover to infiltrate her boss’
Aly is so frigging bored
3rd read:20th-22nd December
Buddy read with Jo

2nd read: 25th-28th November 2013
Buddy read with Maru

1st read: 16-17th March 2013

I was in a D/s-book-mood for the week and I was lucky to read only great books, I love it when it happens!

This book here is a blend of D/s and suspense, and it's done fantastically! The author builds great characters, has an interesting plot, there's the adrenalin to mention and she has amazing secondary characters who's stories I can't wait to read.

The story starts with
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

First things first, LOOK AT THAT COVER! Sorry, got that all out. I admit the cover and the title where the two reasons I bought this book. At the time I had read the Masters of Menage series she co-writes with Shayla Black, but a lot of times it's hard to tell who's voice you are reading at one time or another. I didn't know either that she was Sophie Oak, not that it would've made much of a difference since I haven't read her stuff yet.

So I'm going in
Marulett
Buddy read with Aly

Our Sean:

Our Grace:

Aly: Hi Maru. We've read THE DOM WHO LOVED ME by Lexi Blake a few weeks ago, but I still remember with pleasure
Maru: Hi Aly! Yes we did, and I loved the book! Thanks for making me read it
Aly: My pleasure :)) Did you like the blend of erotic romance and suspense? Would you change anything in the book?
Maru: No, I think that everything worked perfectly for the story. It had a lot of suspense and the steamy scenes were AWESOME
Aly: They were, they were... )
Ma
Emily
It only took a split second for Sean Taggart to look at his newest assignments picture to realize that his life is about to be changed forever. Grace Hawthorne in all her dowdiness in the photo sparks something within Sean, he knows there is something lying beneath her sheltered exterior. His only worry is how deep Grace is involved with the terrorist group that is hiding within the employment agency she is working for.

Grace Hawthorne saw her life as complete, widower and mother of two college
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
1/15/12 re-read

I recently read a great review of this book, and it brought it all back, so I just had to do a re read

I just love Grace. Honestly, she is one if my favorite heroines of all time, She's sweet, and strong, and brave, and forgiving. There is just something about her that makes you want to wrap her up in a big 'ol hug.

Shawn is a great hero - though he certainly had his monuments where I wanted to kick him in the balls. (I mean seriously dude, you know the kinds of issues that Ian ha
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Loved this book!! I was pulled in right from the opening pages and I didn't want it to end. I loved that Sean was immediately drawn to Grace when he saw her picture and I loved that Grace always wore sexy colored high~heels and Sean always noticed. Oh...and I loved how Grace described Sean as looking like a viking!! Ian, Liam, Adam and Jake *sigh* ~ especially Ian!!

Ugh....I had such a LOVE/HATE relationship with Sean. I was so mad at him for constantly expecting Grace to trust him as a Dom when
Kasi Alexander
Lexi Blake is an impressive author. She has a nice writing style and her characters are both likeable and believable. And her sex scenes are absolutely the best I've ever read. They're not rushed or cliche. They're very sensual, erotic, with a nice dash of kink mixed in. This story had a really good plotline with plenty of twists, surprises and a suspense-filled ending that wasn't predictable or too easy. Very nice writing, satisfyingly erotic, some really well-turned phrases. I highly recommend ...more
MsRomanticReads
The summary says pretty much what the story is about so I'll get down to the nitty gritty. After seeing so many high scores and reviews for this book, I was expecting much more from this.

The cons:

Grace is 40 years old and Sean calls her "little one". That's just weird and it got on my nerves after the fourth or fifth time reading that.

The whole D/s thing didn't come across as believable. He's supposed to be a practicing Dom, yet he established no ground rules with Grace, he broke the Dom charac
Dee
My first Lexi Blake and am now looking forward to reading more, reminded me very much of Cherise Sinclair who I love so if you enjoy Ms Sinclair's work then I am sure you will like Ms Blake too. The story was good and flowed really well making it an easy book to read. The heat level is high as the sex scenes were not rushed but it also had plenty of story with a bit of suspense thrown in - a very enjoyable read!
Guilty Pleasures
DiDi's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I just found another favorite BDSM author. The Dom Who Loved Me has off the chart smexin', a hotter than hot DOM, a fiesty sub (who wasn't sure she was a sub), humor and a SMOKIN' hot secondary cast. The best part...there is in intriguing story to go with the BDSM line. This is truly a romantic suspense with BDSM elements.

The bigger they are the harder they fall and this is so true with Sean, he sees Grace and knows she is the one. Grace leads
Anas Attic  Book Blog
3.5 stars. Heat rating 3. I wanted to like this more. I am assuming you have read the description for the purposes of this "review". I saw this compared to Cherise Sinclair's books. The only similarity to me was that it was BDSM romance.

First of all, I admit it, I read these books expecting some hot, smutty sex! Was there? Yes, but barely any. There was talk, there was a good amount of fade to black, and there was a lot of "He fucked me all night last night". Where was I? I missed the good part
Fiordiligii
Lately, it seems, I am unable to find a good m/f BDSM romance novel. I really do enjoy the genre and like supporting those authors, but The Dom Who Loved Me (a story with a rating over 4 on GR!), was another book I just wanted to throw against the next wall. I truly wanted to like this story, what isn't there to enjoy upon first sight? A big bad alpha/military dom looking like a viking who falls for a petite and cuddly older woman, some hot sex scenes and a nice happy ending and I would have bee ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Former military as a hot Dom is always a pleasurable read. This is a new series of smexy SugarKink fun. I want to read the next book but I'm trying to savour each book from Ms. Blake.

Sean is the younger brother built like a Viking. I do love the Viking image. Mixing it up with Grace, a loyal secretary is adorable. Ms. Blake does a great job of creating engaging characters. Even if the character makes a person want to smack them upside the head. There are several hot guys in this story and all of
Saha
Well well well, what a gem we have here! BDSM and suspense and drama and thrills and spies and plot twists and hot males and Viking Gods taking submissives to the brink of their limits? Sign me up and spank me hard!

This was a well written book, with great balance between story and sex. I didn't even mind the vanilla BDSM between Sean and Grace (oh Ian, when will I make it to your story?) because our heroine is such an unconventional and intriguing character - a brat with a pedigree if you will.
Lela Manuela
I loved this one, finally a woman who's a real woman and not some 18-20 year old horny virgin.
Ona 40, udovica ima dvoje odrasle djece i sve što zna o D/s zna jer čita BDSM knjige, on 32, Ex-millitary-HOT- Dom- koji zna kuhati, ma milina , pravo osvježenje. :)
Tess
The first book in Lexi Blake's new Masters and Mercenaries series and what a stellar book with which to start.

Characters and character development gets an A+ from me. Grace-a far from perfect 40 year old who is strong and feminine, brave and vulnerable, smart and funny. Sean-a HOT alpha male without the ATTITUDE. I didn't know strong Doms came with warm fuzzies in BDSM lit, but Sean is the best of all worlds and SHIT the man can cook! The secondary characters were all so well drawn and interesti
Nikki Sex
I've read all of these Dom books by Lexi Black and they are a hoot! Very sexy stories with a play on 007 book names. (ie: the spy that loved me). You can't go wrong reading one of these.
Chloe
I want my very own Sean.

And I'm guessing that most people who read this book will agree.

Sean is hot. Tall, blond, sexy, knows how to handle a gun, and makes an excellent Coq au Vin.

Grace is the 40-year-old widow he falls in love with. She's funny, passionate, and a great mom. She's someone who gave up herself to take care of her family, and now that they are all gone, she is ready to live. I think many women will relate to her.

This first solo book by Lexi Blake is a spy story with hot sex, guns,
HeatherTX
Aug 21, 2012 HeatherTX rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Cherise Sinclair & Kallypso Masters
What a fantastic read! I loved the whole cast of characters but I must admit Grace is my favorite heroine, she is so full of life and she has a way of handling all the alpha men around her. I also enjoyed the way Sean would show his softer side even with him being an extreme alpha male. Grace and Sean are perfect together and I'm glad they got their HEA!

Recommend to anyone who enjoys Cherise Sinclair or Kallypso Masters.
Vivian
Entertaining erotic suspense romance. Hot Dom (Sean) with some dangerous and delightful skills and using them all on his target, Grace. Sizzling interactions, realistic plot line, but I would have clobbered Sean upside the head with a skillet at some point. Let's just say that Grace is a more forgiving person than I.
Denise
I really enjoyed Sean & Grace and I'm looking forward to the next installment! Lexi Blake has become another one of my fav authors.
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Mountain Masters & Dark Haven, #1.5)
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Slave To Love
  • Their Virgin Concubine (Masters of Ménage, #3)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me Saga, #2)
  • Trained for Seduction (Spy Games, #1)
  • Rough Surrender
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more
More about Lexi Blake...

Masters and Mercenaries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3)
  • On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
  • Cherished (Masters and Mercenaries, #7.5)
  • You Only Love Twice (Masters and Mercenaries, #8)
  • Sweet Seduction Boxed Set
  • Adored (Masters and Mercenaries, #8.5)
The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2) A Dom is Forever (Masters and Mercenaries, #3) On Her Master's Secret Service (Masters and Mercenaries, #4) Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5) Dungeon Royale (Masters and Mercenaries, #6)

“I love taking care of a woman, you know that. I’m just not attracted to the clingy ones who need me
to do everything for them. I want her to need me, but not need me for everything, know what I mean? I
want a smart, independent woman who just happens to enjoy submitting to me sexually. Is that too much to
ask?”
3 likes
“The one bit of color on the woman’s body was the bright yellow of the stilettos peeking out from her sensible trousers.
Fuck me shoes. Damn. Any woman who wore those shoes had a streak of the unexpected. He wondered what her underwear looked like. Something delicate and lovely?”
2 likes