Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7 (Blue Exorcist / Ao no Exorcist #7)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  770 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Mamushi and Todo now have both eyes of the Impure King and are headed for the temple that was once the center of the Myodha sect. Mamushi wants to seal the eyes away, but may be too late to realize Todo’s true purpose—the awakening of the Impure King! Meanwhile, Rin learns more about Father Fujimoto’s connection to Tatsuma and the origin of the Koma Sword. Rin will need th...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2011)

Emy
Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

The story arc with the Impure King continues... D:

I really enjoyed this volume. It s...more
Chivitouille

Bien, si estoy de acuerdo al orden que debe de ser, este tomo esta lleno de algunos giros algo inesperados.
Por fin sabemos los secretos que ocultaba Tatsuma, el papá de Suguro, y aunque ya me esperaba que algo así estuviese ocultando lo que me ha tomado por sorpresa es lo que le pasa después. No se a ciencia cierta a donde va a parar la historia en este desarrollo de la trama, pero ha resultado interesante e inesperado.
Rin cae en un bache de confusión y se empieza a cuestionar algunas cosas, me...more
Cornerofmadness
MissAnnThrope
23 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 7 tells the story of how the Koma Sword landed in the hands of Father Fujimoto and the role Tatsuma Suguro played in it. In Suguro's letter to Rin, he tells of its history and makes a plea that Rin cannot refuse. When Myodha's terrible secret is revealed, the one person who can defeat this great evil appears to have lost the ability that can save Kyoto.

(view spoiler)...more
Ashley (Firestarbooks)
This volume was slightly more boring than the previous. I mean I guess I had a lot of expectation thinking that a cool battle will come out of it. Well, it didn't.

There certainly was a lot of "history" and background. Sure they are important but they are unnecessarily long! We got most of the info from last volume and 1/5 of the volume just on flashbacks alone! Weee! A bit much. There were a lot of talking as well. A lot of "omg Rin needs to die", and Rin like "ah I don't want to hurt people" ta...more
Warnie B.
For some reason I wasn't really looking forward to reading this one, and I almost sent it back to the library without doing so, but since it's so short and since several of the other books I'm currently reading are somewhat challenging and require actual brain power, I figured this would be a nice change at the very least. It had been awhile since I read the previous volume, so it took me a bit to get my bearings, but once I did, I remembered what I really like about this series. In this book, R...more
Oh, Blue Exorcist. Stop making me feel things about bald monks with heroic complexes and overwhelming supernatural burdens! Also, priests that are super hot and super unorthodox, i.e. Fujimoto-san and his ever-present cigarette. This volume of Ao No Exorcist is full of plot stuff, character development, friendship, odd demon-fueled family drama, and Mephisto being Mephisto and putting everyone else to shame in terms of dramatic entrances. As Rin confronts his own personal demons, actual demons a...more
Lissibith
This issue, like the last, is devoted as much to developing side characters and backstory as to looking at the main characters. And I'm okay with that! Rin's not entirely like all other shonen heroes, but he's close enough that there's a lot one can guess about his potential arc just from his role. These other characters however, and especially those who are only in this probably for the arc, offer a lot more mystery and, for me at least, therefore are more enjoyable to read about.

This issue del...more
*Queen Diva*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That ending!! My heart was racing and now.... I HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Okay, taking a deep breath now. First, I loved the back story between Tatsuma and Father Fujimoto. And when everyone went to bust Rin out!! Oh my god - fan girl squee for sure! Especially with Shiemi hugged him!! Eeeeeeeee!! Lol, I'm sorry, I just love Rin so much!

But, YUKIO!!!!!!!!! I'm so worried something terrible is going to happen to him!!! WHY ISN'T THE 8...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
It takes place where the last volume ended. Got interesting near the end. Good volume.
Dylan Murphy
Pretty fun read, lots of reveals in the newer cast of characters, as well as some reveals in the older cast.
I usually talk more about the art in manga series, but the story of this one just blows me away, so I often don't say anything, but the artwork is awesome. The author captures the moods perfectly, the demons look as they should, and my god the environment/architecture is amazing across the whole series!

Chels M.
3,5 en realidad.
Funciona como puente entre los volúmenes 6-7 y el siguiente a éste, el 8. Tomándolo como tal, sí me ha convencido pese a no ser el mejor tomo de la serie (ojo, tampoco es el peor).
Hay algunas incongruencias, pequeñas pero notables. Quitando eso, la historia no está nada mal. Hay un par de giros bastantes potentes e inesperados (y tanto...).
¡A seguir poniéndome al día! :P
Courtney
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The action in this is wonderful and the thickening plot keeps me wanting more. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a demon/exorcist twist to their reading schedule.
Kate
Finally we learn more about Koma sword and the Myodha Sect! We see how our main characters go about helping Rin, and fighting their way to their main opponent: The Impure King. Can't wait to see how it all goes down in the next volume.
Kim
While I didn't really love the beginning of this story arc, I really liked this volume. You get to see into Suguro's father's motives and Suguro grows a bit as a character. I'm really interested to see what happens in the next volume.
Konekomaru is profiled on this edition's cover. Rin, a half-demon high-schooler, and his demonic cat have adventures and beat up baddies along the way. What's not to like?
Dash Cooray
Absolutely riverting series and Vol 7 is all about the quiet and reserve Konekomaru and the darkness that resides within him. Must read!
Sara
We are still in the arc with the Impure King and hopefully the next volume will have Rin kick some ass.
Brian
Jun 08, 2012 Brian rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Brian by: Jay
Shelves: manga
Great arc! Volume 8 doesn't come out until November. Hope season 2 of the anime picks up this story arc.
Lotte
May 08, 2013 Lotte marked it as to-read
Brilliant as always!
Can't wait to get my hands on the next one :3
Phillip Culley
Interesting and nicely written.
Beckiezra
Really want to read more!
Joya Alkhatib
Joya Alkhatib marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
  • Pandora Hearts, Vol. 14
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 16 (D.Gray-man #16)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 8 (Black Butler, #8)
  • Soul Eater, Vol. 07 (Soul Eater, #7)
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 15 (Fairy Tail, #15)
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 Blue exorcist, Tome 2 Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3 Blue exorcist, Tome 4 Blue exorcist, Tome 5