Start by marking “Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7 (Blue Exorcist #7)

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,985 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Mamushi and Todo now have both eyes of the Impure King and are headed for the temple that was once the center of the Myodha sect. Mamushi wants to seal the eyes away, but may be too late to realize Todo’s true purpose—the awakening of the Impure King! Meanwhile, Rin learns more about Father Fujimoto’s connection to Tatsuma and the origin of the Koma Sword. Rin will need th ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Exorcist, Vol. 7

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'MalleyHarley Quinn by Karl KeselHarley Quinn by A.J. LiebermanWolverine by Paul JenkinsCoraline by Neil Gaiman
Awesome Graphic Novels
67th out of 96 books — 2 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingGreat Expectations by Charles DickensFairytales for Wilde Girls by Allyse NearThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanCaptivate by Vanessa Garden
Totally Awesome Books
48th out of 104 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Emy
Apr 16, 2012 Emy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, shounen-manga
Rin Okumura is the illegitimate son of Satan, but he and his twin brother, Yukio, have been raised by Father Fujimoto, a famous exorcist. Once he discovers the truth, Rin swears to defeat Satan by entering the famous True Cross Academy and becoming an exorcist himself. The only trouble is, he has to keep his demon heritage a secret or he stands a good chance of being destroyed by the very people he wants to join.

The story arc with the Impure King continues... D:

I really enjoyed this volume. It s
Claudia  Carpio Valdivia
Jan 09, 2016 Claudia Carpio Valdivia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas-comics, 2016
Definitivamente este es el segundo manga que me hace llorar.
Jocelyne
May 05, 2014 Jocelyne rated it really liked it
April 2014: 4.5 Stars (Shown as 4)
First off, I just want to point out that the artwork in this volume is phenomenal. I can only imagine how much time and effort went into drawing the Impure King's details, and the backgrounds never look half-hearted.
The PLOT ITSELF is so detailed and well thought-out. Clearly, the author spent a very long time mapping out the chapters of this story arc.
This volume feels really filling, overall. A lot of knots are tied, and exposition has been replaced by action.
Lucía Cafeína
Se me está haciendo largo este arco...
Chivitouille
Mar 10, 2014 Chivitouille rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2014

Bien, si estoy de acuerdo al orden que debe de ser, este tomo esta lleno de algunos giros algo inesperados.
Por fin sabemos los secretos que ocultaba Tatsuma, el papá de Suguro, y aunque ya me esperaba que algo así estuviese ocultando lo que me ha tomado por sorpresa es lo que le pasa después. No se a ciencia cierta a donde va a parar la historia en este desarrollo de la trama, pero ha resultado interesante e inesperado.
Rin cae en un bache de confusión y se empieza a cuestionar algunas cosas, me
Dani
Jun 04, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
This volume centers on reviving the Impure King then taking him out before he kills everything.

I love this series for the wonderful execution of the mangaka in balancing so many characters within the story. The story is sufficiently complicated that a handful can all take their major part and the rest can play their lesser roles and it doesn't feel contrived or leave a bunch of characters standing around. I also love the way the artist lays out his frames with the big sweeping view followed by l
Cornerofmadness
Jul 21, 2012 Cornerofmadness rated it really liked it
MissAnnThrope
23 January 2013

Blue Exorcist, Volume 7 tells the story of how the Koma Sword landed in the hands of Father Fujimoto and the role Tatsuma Suguro played in it. In Suguro's letter to Rin, he tells of its history and makes a plea that Rin cannot refuse. When Myodha's terrible secret is revealed, the one person who can defeat this great evil appears to have lost the ability that can save Kyoto.

(view spoiler)
Ashley Chen
Jan 02, 2013 Ashley Chen rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-or-manga
This volume was slightly more boring than the previous. I mean I guess I had a lot of expectation thinking that a cool battle will come out of it. Well, it didn't.

There certainly was a lot of "history" and background. Sure they are important but they are unnecessarily long! We got most of the info from last volume and 1/5 of the volume just on flashbacks alone! Weee! A bit much. There were a lot of talking as well. A lot of "omg Rin needs to die", and Rin like "ah I don't want to hurt people" ta
Lara
For some reason I wasn't really looking forward to reading this one, and I almost sent it back to the library without doing so, but since it's so short and since several of the other books I'm currently reading are somewhat challenging and require actual brain power, I figured this would be a nice change at the very least. It had been awhile since I read the previous volume, so it took me a bit to get my bearings, but once I did, I remembered what I really like about this series. In this book, R ...more
Xcess
Mar 11, 2015 Xcess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-volumes
Jessi
Dec 19, 2015 Jessi rated it it was amazing
This manga is up there in my top 10. Action, adventure, a smidgen of romance. The character designs are all quite unique which I appreciate. As an aside, the manga and anime are so far removed from each other one you get past that first story arc that they could be 2 completely different stories. They are both quite good, though. Do both.
Brevin
Jan 24, 2016 Brevin rated it really liked it
This volume of Blue Exorcist has a pretty interesting story going on as the gang rushes in to get ready to face the Impure King. Here we have Rin also in unable to use his blade for fear of his demon power will hurt Shiemi, but Shiemi desired to snap him out of this. Also the awakening of the Impure King finally happens, and all the gang prepare to go into battle. Overall a fun and enjoyable continuation.
Mariana
Dec 16, 2014 Mariana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
This plot is getting really good! Sure, there are some things that are just like every other shounen manga out there (especially the characterization of the female characters), but I think it's worth reading. It passes the idea that you are not your family, which is a very strong message.
Sarah Hayes
Dec 29, 2013 Sarah Hayes rated it really liked it
Oh, Blue Exorcist. Stop making me feel things about bald monks with heroic complexes and overwhelming supernatural burdens! Also, priests that are super hot and super unorthodox, i.e. Fujimoto-san and his ever-present cigarette. This volume of Ao No Exorcist is full of plot stuff, character development, friendship, odd demon-fueled family drama, and Mephisto being Mephisto and putting everyone else to shame in terms of dramatic entrances. As Rin confronts his own personal demons, actual demons a ...more
Lissibith
Apr 11, 2012 Lissibith rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, manga
This issue, like the last, is devoted as much to developing side characters and backstory as to looking at the main characters. And I'm okay with that! Rin's not entirely like all other shonen heroes, but he's close enough that there's a lot one can guess about his potential arc just from his role. These other characters however, and especially those who are only in this probably for the arc, offer a lot more mystery and, for me at least, therefore are more enjoyable to read about.

This issue del
Pato Myers
Aug 01, 2015 Pato Myers rated it really liked it
Eva Lectura eterna
Jun 26, 2014 Eva Lectura eterna rated it it was amazing
En estos últimos tomos aparece un nuevo arco argumental que hace que la historia sea mejor de lo que ya era. Vemos como maduran los personajes y como las situaciones y batallas van mejorando.
Sarah Maddaford
Apparently, I either forgot to review volumes 4-7 (or they vanished), I think we can safely assume that the Japanese tendency towards making jokes about large busted females is still there, probably a couple of panty shots if they could get away with it (or was it a bath scene where the girls didn't quite make it to getting undressed all the way...) whatever it was, in Japan it is considered juvenile humor (I mostly consider it boring humor and just move on to the better parts). The violence lev ...more
Negar
Sep 28, 2014 Negar rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
خدای من ! من فکر می کردم
impure king
توی انیمه خوشگل و جذاب و ایناس :-" توی مانگا فوق العاده ست :-" یعنی من تقریباً داشتم آرزو می کردم ادم بدا ببازن :|
Marian Renner
Oct 06, 2015 Marian Renner rated it it was amazing
This Manga Is incredily deatailed I liked the story line. Also the author had mad it so it was interresting.
Miss Ryoko
May 26, 2012 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That ending!! My heart was racing and now.... I HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Okay, taking a deep breath now. First, I loved the back story between Tatsuma and Father Fujimoto. And when everyone went to bust Rin out!! Oh my god - fan girl squee for sure! Especially with Shiemi hugged him!! Eeeeeeeee!! Lol, I'm sorry, I just love Rin so much!

But, YUKIO!!!!!!!!! I'm so worried something terrible is going to happen to him!!! WHY ISN'T THE 8
Samantha
Apr 18, 2016 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 2016
Now we are getting somewhere! Love everything that's happening, especially with Ryugi.
Allison
Feb 20, 2016 Allison rated it it was amazing
YES. GREAT. FANTASTIC.
ALSO BON.
(my reviews are just gibberish at this point.)
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 23, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
It takes place where the last volume ended. Got interesting near the end. Good volume.
Rachel (Sfogs)
Oct 18, 2014 Rachel (Sfogs) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
It's getting so intense!
Look out Tatsuma!
Samantha
Oct 17, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Come on who doesn't like devil twins
Dylan Murphy
Pretty fun read, lots of reveals in the newer cast of characters, as well as some reveals in the older cast.
I usually talk more about the art in manga series, but the story of this one just blows me away, so I often don't say anything, but the artwork is awesome. The author captures the moods perfectly, the demons look as they should, and my god the environment/architecture is amazing across the whole series!

Chels M.
Feb 06, 2013 Chels M. rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, navidad-2012
3,5 en realidad.
Funciona como puente entre los volúmenes 6-7 y el siguiente a éste, el 8. Tomándolo como tal, sí me ha convencido pese a no ser el mejor tomo de la serie (ojo, tampoco es el peor).
Hay algunas incongruencias, pequeñas pero notables. Quitando eso, la historia no está nada mal. Hay un par de giros bastantes potentes e inesperados (y tanto...).
¡A seguir poniéndome al día! :P
Samuel
Jun 11, 2015 Samuel rated it it was amazing
Best so far. The Impure King is ready for battle. On to the 8th volume!
  • D.Gray-man, Vol. 18: Thief? Ghost? Innocence? (D.Gray-man, #18)
  • Pandora Hearts 13巻
  • Black Butler, Vol. 11 (Black Butler, #11)
  • Crazy Girl Shin Bia Volume 5
  • Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 03 (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, #3)

Blue Exorcist (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1  (Blue Exorcist, #1)
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 2
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 3
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 4
  • Blue exorcist, Tome 5
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 6
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 8
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • 青の祓魔師 10 [Ao no Futsumashi 10] (Blue Exorcist, #10)
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 11