Start by marking “All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)” as Want to Read:
All That Glows (All That Glows, #1)

All That Glows (All That Glows #1)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  1,017 ratings  ·  195 reviews
Emrys—a fiery, red-headed Fae—always embraced her life in the Highlands, far from the city’s draining technology, until she’s sent to London to rejoin the Faery Guard. But this isn’t any normal assignment—she’s sent to guard Prince Richard: Britain’s notorious, partying bad boy and soon-to-be King. The prince’s careless ways and royal blood make him the irresistible for th...more
Published February 11th 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about All That Glows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Glows

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
YA Novels of 2014
107th out of 1,417 books — 6,825 voters
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund HodgeAlienated by Melissa LandersStolen Songbird by Danielle L. JensenThe Murder Complex by Lindsay CummingsDefy by Sara B. Larson
YA Debuts 2014
29th out of 329 books — 1,201 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
Even though I knew there were assassins on the loose, I’d let myself get caught up in Richard, in these ...feelings I can’t seem to shake. I ignored my duties, skipped protocol. Richard almost ended up dead for it.
You know how when you're 12 years old sometimes you have these silly daydreams you're secretly a stunningly beautiful fairy princess who meets a hot prince who's such a playboy and everyone thinks he's such an asshole but secretly he's really really smart and deep and meaningful but...more
Leah
Jan 12, 2014 Leah marked it as to-read
Everyone I follow hates this, so now I want to read it.

Wendy Darling
2.5 stars This might've been better with a little tinkering. I don't dislike it as much as some of my friends seem to, but after the intriguing first few chapters, the story really does wander all over the place, with repetitive attacks on the Prince without much cohesion.

It's also annoying that a faery guardian that is hundreds of years old and can fight off attackers (except when the Prince saves her, of course) falls so easily in love. Especially for a guy who's kind of bland and uninteresti...more
Melanie

Probably no full review because this doesn't deserve my time.

But yeah, here's some problems I had with this book:
- Mary Sue protagonist
- Really awful metaphors. Think infinity worse than Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Insta-love
- Illogical things happening all over the place
- Romance everywhere. I swear, it's on every page
- Protagonist has a seriously bad obsession with vomiting and her bile
- Really random and irrelevant plot twist.
- Retarded nickname. Like what even.
- Love inter...more
Wendy Higgins
I beta-read this for Ryan and her writing is beautiful!!! We met because we share the same editor at HarperTeen. I loved her take on faeries, and this gorgeous cover fits the tone of the book perfectly!! :)

It's modern, not historical, and the characters/royalty are all fictional.
Kate Bond

I’ll admit that I am partially to blame for what happened here. I read the premise, and I thought this would be a reverse Jane Eyre–or at the very least a reverse Twilight–with, you know, like a billion-year-old lady who falls in love with a teenage boy. I thought the power dynamics would be knocked on their tiny heads. I thought this bad-ass Fae warrior would have to make some tough choices about a humble soldier’s worthiness as a match for a prince. Basically I wanted She-Hector.

And t...more
Jillian -always aspiring-
Nov 15, 2011 Jillian -always aspiring- marked it as maybe-reads
Shelves: titles-i-love
In which a partying prince falls in love a Kate Middletonesque fae, who has been protecting the British royal family for centuries, and who must make an impossible choice amidst a backdrop of a palace murder and paparazzi mayhem.

Wait...what?

Since I feel as though I'm being punked by the placeholder book blurb, I'm just going to say that I love the idea of a fae guardian protecting a royal family, so...here's hoping the book will be good reading come 2013.
Abbe "The Awesome Senior" Hinder
good

1.5 Stars

You know when you have a huge pile of books and for once in your life, you’re actually ahead of your reading schedule? For me, this happens once every blue moon. So of course I was flipping my shit when I was ahead by two books! However, all that hard work went to shit once I started this novel. All that Glows is just so. Boring. It’s so boring that even my blogger friends who adore anything fey had a hard time caring about anything in this novel. There’s is just so much bad and so lit...more
Sabrina
Feb 09, 2014 Sabrina marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
The worst case of Mary Sue & Gary Stu I've come across in quite some time.
I didn't even reach the end of the second chapter, but I just couldn't go on with this kind of crap.

I'm sorry. I'm always so grateful to receive ARCs and I feel bad when I have to trash them. But there's no way for me to say something positive about this book.

Oh, wait. Yes. I like the font treatment on the cover.
There.
Tabitha (Pabkins)
My dominating reaction while reading All That Glows? Meat! Where is the substance I say? Is there Romance - yes! But I need something more to attach onto. But perhaps that isn't totally true because sometimes now and then I enjoy a strictly romantic book. Sympathizing and liking the characters is very key for me though. Barring a somewhat lackluster love interest and some juvenile behaviors, which didn't make sense given supposed age (I'm confused here I tell you - I've seen this done before and...more
Pam Vlieg
I made it halfway through. The beginning three chapters were full of so much promise. Then it became page after page of redundancies and so many scenes that did nothing to advance the plot. I didn't care for "Embers" or her worries. I didn't care for Richard. Side characters were seen in instances only to give the MC information. Absolutely nothing happened. I'm not wasting another 250 pages on hundreds of more scenes that won't advance the plot for a BOOM BOOM BOOM cliffhanger this is a series...more
Alyssa

Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

Summary (from Goodreads):

Seeing Double in Neverland
For Full Review go to http://seeingdoubleinneverland.blogsp...

3.5 out 5 Stars

I felt that this was a good story, just not a great one.
Nikki (There were books involved...)
This review can also be found at my blog, There were books involved...

-----------------------------

This book promised me badass Faery guards, a bad-boy British prince, a battle against ancient evil, and a swoony romance. ...Well, I'm still waiting for that book, because this is most definitely not that book.

Let's break it down:

The Plot and Worldbuilding

The plot is mediocre, at best. Really, this book is a romance (and not a swoony one), that tries to add a little intrigue and tension by having...more
Farrah
Magical, romantic, and lovely! All That Glows was absolutely brilliant. I loved this book so much! It was absolute perfection. Loved it!

I really loved the idea for this book. It was a mix of modern life and faerie magic and it was blended perfectly. It was set in the present but not bogged down by contemporary details, which allowed that magical feel of the book to remain at the focus. And the atmosphere that the author create was lovely. It had an air of magic and it brought me right into the w...more
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
description

We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

All That Glows by Ryan Graudin

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 4 stars

Review:

The first time I saw Ryan Graudin's debut novel, I was drawn to it. Not only by the incredible synopsis, but by the beautiful cover.
The story is everything the cover and the synopsis promises: it's full o...more
Lex (Fastidious Reader)
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

Hmmm... I didn't get frustrated with this book, actually. After thinking things through, I bumped this one down. It was an okay story. A bit annoying but I held on and continued reading. The way it was written was so-so. I mean, all those lame metaphors. I think I just breezed past it. Didn't actually stick with me, not memorable. But I think a few readers will argue with me. Saying it's actually memorable because it's so lame. lol.

But I actuall...more
Alisa (The Reading Obsession)
Read the rest of my review at http://www.thereadingobsession.blogsp...

Thank you, Edelweiss, for giving me the opportunity of reading and review this book.

One Star

It's no secret I politely enjoy novels fairies in a non-obsessive way that does notfreak everyone around me out.I blame the Fever series for this. But really, can you say no to this:

And the books are even better than Jericho Barrons.

So when I heard about All that Glowsbeing on Edelweiss, I snatched it up. When none of the reviews...more
Jessie
Sep 30, 2013 Jessie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: arc
Actual Rating: 4.5

Emrys is a fairy godmother. It isn’t one of those wish granting, magical wands fairy godmothers but more of a guardian. She’s been assigned to protect the prince and soon king Richard. Richard is a partying British royal bad boy. Since being irresponsible most of the time and drinking, the dark spirits wants him. Now Emrys is doing whatever she can to protect the future king. Even if she falls in love for him.

I love Ryan Graudin’s take on faeries and the world of it. It’s not o...more
Bèbè ✦ the Ryski  ✦
Trying to get through this book was painful. Not only because I wanted to find things that I liked about it but also trying to find some sort of excitement in writing.

Story begins with Emrys being assigned to rejoin the Faery Guard and her assignment is Prince Richard – party animal who just graduated and needs some serious protection from soul feeders that are roaring London. But since advanced technology been growing, the Fae cannot stay within the city long enough without getting sick. With...more
Ornella (Nyx)
Feb 12, 2014 Ornella (Nyx) marked it as never-finished
Shelves: arcs
DNF at 37%. This girl's uselessness at being a bodyguard is beyond ridiculous, and the romance? Forced and of the insta-love variety.
Celeste_pewter
LOVE this book. I really hope Ryan Graudin decides to set more books in this world.

Review to come closer to release date.
Aly (My Heart Hearts Books)
I wanted to like All That Glows, I thought the concept could be interesting. I was intrigued by a fairy falling in love with a prince, it mix a couple of my favorite things together: falling in love and princes. Each is a complicated aspect on it's own but add in the fantasy aspect the possibilities are endless. Not that I am a huge fantasy, but the premise of All That Glows reminded me of Incarnate by Jodi Meadows, so I decided to give a chance.

When I started reading, the first thing I noticed...more
Caitlings
Faeries and the British Monarchy and magic in a modern day setting. Also romance and a little King Arthur.

Basically all the things I love in one book. It was so much fun!!!

Proper review to come but if you're looking for something modern day with magic, a british prince, a smart and powerful faerie and a lot of fun and romance, look no further.
Aparajitabasu
Original Link to the review at my blog Le' Grande Codex - here

Modern with the ancient. Contemporary with the fantasy. A refreshing concept. A marvelous plot. Some pretty good kick-ass characters. With a gorgeous cover..... but somehow it doesn't keep the interest for long and we tend to get bored through the ordeal.

Honestly as I said above. I did like the story and the characters but they are just not enough to keep things interesting at all. There is Emrys, the Faery who must must protect...more
Bookbitten1
Sadly this book has a pretty cover and that is about the only good thing I can say about it. Was looking forward to reading about the Fae but the plot was very predictable and characters one dimensional. The "love" story was lukewarm at best and I honestly couldn't see the attraction between these two characters.
Kelsey Sutton
Ryan has such a way with words! Even if the story hadn't been great - which is was - her writing alone would have kept me turning the pages. But ALL THAT GLOWS is rich with romance and intrigue in addition to that. All in all, a fabulous debut. Now I want a Richard of my very own...
Laura Greenwood
Review forthcoming on http://a-reader-lives-a-thousand-live...

I received a copy of All That Glows in exchange for my review.

Emrys is the Fae protector of Prince Richard, the heir to the throne and a bit of a wild card. Having left behind the open spaces of her home in the Highlands, Emrys feels sick due to the technology around her. But even that doesn't explain why her veiling spell keeps failing around Richard, and she has to explain the truth to him, revealing a secret kept for centuries. Slo...more
Savina M.
Mar 19, 2014 Savina M. marked it as would-rather-watch-paint-dry
Shelves: fugly-covers
I don't know why people keep saying the cover is gorgeous. This is the fugliest book cover I have ever seen.
all that grows 3 24 May 10, 2014 02:33AM
  • Fates (Fates, #1)
  • Winter Falls (Twin Willows, #1)
  • Landry Park (Landry Park, #1)
  • The Lure
  • Such Sweet Sorrow
  • Fake ID
  • Illusions of Fate
  • Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1)
  • Into the Fire
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Salvage
  • Winterspell
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • House of Ivy & Sorrow
  • Dissonance (Dissonance, #1)
  • Talon (Talon, #1)
  • Mistwalker
  • The Fire Wish (The Jinni Wars, #1)
The Walled City All That Burns (All That Glows, #2) The Walled City - Free Preview (the First 93 Pages) The Fall: Tales from the Apocalypse

“Death — the aftermath of it — is a strange thing to watch from the pedestal of immortality. I've seen death in every way: as a thief in the night, as the heat of fever, as the lust of a warrior. Yet I've never really understood grief, or what it does to those left behind.

But seeing Richard alone in the dark. It breaks away pieces of me. I'm a glacier, plunging, falling apart against the sea.”
1 likes