The Beloved (The Beloved, #1)
read book

The Beloved (The Beloved #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Gabriel Walker had the perfect life: a loving wife and a baby on the way until a seemingly random crime left him stranded between life and death. Caught up in a battle between good and evil, Gabe discovers he has been chosen to join a centuries-old secret brotherhood. The question is, why was he chosen, and will he survive long enough to find out?
Paperback, 1st Edition, 257 pages
Published September 15th 2011 by Lulu

I won this book from the Goodreads Giveaway for my honest review. Thank you, P.A. Minyard!

The thought of this book excited me and I had much anticipation when I first opened it. I was a bit disappointed with the first two chapters, but after that I loved it. It picked up really quickly, but not to quickly that you're swept away and left confused and annoyed. It needed some work with the punctuation and some sentence structure, but this might have been something that was later fixed.

It did get co...more
Colleen
The beloved is not your typical book. To me it's written more like a movie. It is as if I'm watching scenes in my head, instead of just reading a book. She has a way of bringing characters to life and you feel like your standing right there beside them.

I think Minyard is wildly talentled and is introducing a new type of writing, not oridinarily seen.

The story follows two main characters Gabriel and Michel, although from different times and places, both end up becoming "The beloved".

Although I...more
PopcornReads
Autographed Book Giveaway & Review: As a book reviewer, I get a lot of review requests. A lot more authors are self publishing these days for a number of reasons. As with novels from publishers, I’m always searching for independent gems I can share with you. I believe The Beloved by P.A. Minyard is one of those gems. This is a romantic story with a unique concept I think you’re going to love. There are strong spiritual and paranormal aspects to it. What makes it even better is that she’s pro...more
Kathy
WOW... this book really makes you think.. From the minute that I read the first chapter I was hooked
The author knows how to describe each character in a way that you really care about them, and what happens. I have to say that i wanted to skip ahead to see if the ending was what I wanted it to be, but I would have missed the whole point of the story.
There are a few twists and turns, but if you are really paying attention, you will "get it"
In the end, you are left with feeling, "nothing is really...more
Laurie Davis
I enjoyed this book. The first chapter or so describing Gabe and Sarah's relationship seemed a little forced to me and was a little hard to get through, but then the book took off. I couldn't put it down. I wanted to see how the stories of Michel and Gabe were related. The author eventually tied everything together neatly. While thought provoking and maybe a little disturbing at times, I finished the book with a good feeling.
Avry15
originally appeared on:Bookshelf Confessions

At first, I’m not so interested with this book, the cover is wonderful but I thought it’s boring , well, I mean so religious , what with the rosary and ring..(sorry!).. but that’s my mistake when I started reading this book, it was thrilling and interesting!

The storyline is unique ( yep, I haven’t heard anyone like this).. and of course the characters are well-selected and unique in their own way.

As I’m sure like any reader would say, I felt the chara...more
Mike
The first thing I noticed is that The Beloved is sort of a "romance genre" book, which is not really my cup o' tea. But a few pages later, I got pulled in. I found this to be a most interesting and unusual book. Yes, it was kind of romantic. But also, kind of spooky. Even more so, it was quite spiritual. I must say, I've never read anything quite like it, and found it a very interesting read.

I recommend The Beloved to anyone who wants something quite unique and original, and can deal with a litt...more
Lisa Andrade
Minyard has constructed something quite unique and unexpected with "The Beloved". There are several elements which appear in the novel: suspense, romance, historical fiction, realism...it encompasses just about everything, and for that reason, I think it would appeal to a wide range of readers. The characters are ones which we can relate to and you can't help but to feel emotional for and towards them. Very clever and well-wriiten!
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Alex Earvin
Alex Earvin marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Ellie Red
Ellie Red marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Alison G.
Alison G. marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Brenda Knight
Brenda Knight marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Gabriela Melo
Gabriela Melo marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Leanne Mccully
Leanne Mccully marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Xavyr
Xavyr marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2013
Emonie
Emonie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Divine
Divine added it
Jul 31, 2013
Bo Ga
Bo Ga marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2013
Leeanne
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
  • Unbreakable Love
  • Angel City (The Angelus Trilogy #2)
  • Candlewax
  • She Returns From War
  • Talisman Of El (Talisman of El #1)
  • His Steadfast Love (Darkness to Light)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Escape from Verona
  • Suck It Up and Die (Suck It Up, #2)
  • Insight
  • The Aylesford Skull
  • Turbulence
  • Anno Dracula: Johnny Alucard (Anno Dracula, #4)
  • Portlandtown: A Tale of the Oregon Wyldes
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • One Great Year
  • Artemis Rising
  • Death Takes a Holiday (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #3)
Patti lived in multiple cities along the East coast throughout her childhood never staying in any one place for more than seven years. She attained her degrees from the University of South Florida as well as Long Beach State and now resides in Florida. She is a Certified Medical Dosimetrist. (Yeah, no one else knows what that is either!)
More about P.A. Minyard...
Rogue (The Beloved, #2)

“You are a most effective killer, Michel. Is it true you wept like a child when they killed your sister? That you cried out in agony as if the sword had pierced your own heart? Such compassion. Does your handiwork not bring you to tears as well?” 4 likes
“Love isn't something you take from one to give to another. Love is to be shared among all; the more people we have in our family, the more love there will be to share.” 3 likes