Start by marking “Becoming Like God: Our Ultimate Destiny” as Want to Read:
Becoming Like God: Our Ultimate Destiny

Becoming Like God: Our Ultimate Destiny

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
New in paperback, from the bestselling author of "The Secret, " comes a revolutionary method for becoming all powerful. Written with extraordinary clarity, Michael Berg presents a logical approach to achieving our supreme birthright. In revealing this opportunity for humanity, he highlights ways to develop our natural God-like attributes, and diminish the aspects of our na ...more
Published November 28th 2010 by Kabbalah Publishing (first published August 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Becoming Like God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming Like God

Mary Jaclyn
Jun 09, 2008 Mary Jaclyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just read this last night. it is fantastic. i wish i had time to read it every morning before i start my day!
Jan 26, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though this is written for those following Kabbalahistic faith, an ancient Arabic religion, there were lots of good points made. Michael Berg is the son of Kabbalist Rav P.S. Berg. Michael is a teacher at The Kabbalah Centre and lectures around the world. He also translated the holy Zohar, a 23-volume compendium into English by the age of 28. The cover states, "This book is a letter addressed to a prison. It is a prison where no one gets out for good behavior, and everyone is sentenced to d ...more
Frank
Jul 31, 2014 Frank rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
Very interesting. The message is beautifully clear, but the rather odd pop-culture style of the book is more than a little jarring. I'm aware of the negative press Kabbalah has received, and the reasons why. That said, the central tenets of destruction of the ego and sharing to make yourself a "better" being are clear and admirable. Scoff if you will (and most of my friends will) but I enjoyed it and took many things from it.
Michele Harrod
I'm a big fan of all of Michael, (and his brother Yehuda) Berg's writings on Kabbalah - I find them very inspiring. I get completely motivated to work on that old 'ego' that leaps up and gets all reactive, when things don't go my way, and to share everything I own. I probably need to read this, 'Satan - an Autobiography' and 'The Way', every morning. I love these books, but do seem to find it impossible to live up to them on a daily basis, despite my fiercest wish to do so at every reading. I am ...more
MCOH
Oct 20, 2008 MCOH rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My biggest objection to this book: Almost every other paragraph was printed in hot pink, all-capital letters. I don't know if there's anything a book can do to redeem itself after something like that.

But if you're somehow able to overlook the bizarre and very distracting layout, you might find this book an interesting read. Some other books on this topic are filled with symbols, complex diagrams, Hebrew &/or Aramaic terms, and generally make the whole thing seem very foreign and incomprehens
George Mills
I believe in the message, but I fear the 'message is the media' effect. Presenting the message in such a direct and simplistic way lessens its impact and many readers may wind up equating the Kabbalah with things like 'The Secret' and others of its ilk. I understand the impulse. A master of the Kabbalah must sometimes want to grab every person he sees and shake them and say, 'This isn't it - this isn't our reality!' But a master of the Kabbalah knows that such knowledge is not easily won because ...more
Héctor Trejo
Aug 10, 2015 Héctor Trejo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un libro que te incita a conocer otro punto de vista espiritual sin llamarle de esa manera. Concreto y con buenos puntos, me hubiera gustado algo más extenso. El diseño es atractivo aunque a veces se pierden detalles por resaltar otros. Recomendado.
Carol Tickles
Mar 13, 2016 Carol Tickles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been studying kabbalah it's been three years now and attended a kabbalah centre personally, and I must say, this book is a punch. It says what needs to be said. A must to anyone.
Matthew
Oct 03, 2007 Matthew rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: self-haters
this is a good example of what I hated from my Jewish upbringing - sure not one idea in here could I argue with, its just the style and guilt-based telling of the tale that turned my stomach.

I tried to blast through it, as I usually finish any book I start, but this one really sucked. I wouldn't ask anybody to live a more Godly life out of fear of what might happen if they don't. That's no way to live, in my opinion - out of a fear of negative consequcenes. Rather, give me a book that talks abou
Sam
Sep 25, 2014 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not religious, just read it out of curiosity
Courtney
Nov 19, 2008 Courtney marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Havent's started this one yet, but went to a Kabbalah seminar with Jen in Boston and got this for free. Seminar was fabu! Kabbalah is so old, with Buddhism, they can't date it at all. It's the basis of all Christianity, Islam, and Judaism and is very cool. It's also the ideas of where "The Force" of Star Wars comes from and the famous book, "The Secret". Can't wait to read it.
Homero Arceyut
Sep 26, 2011 Homero Arceyut rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beatifully and simply explained, I think it is worth to read even if UR not into Kabbalah but in the search of a spiritual path. this book offers basic tools & guidelines for every lifestyle of every walk of life and every theological belief system.
Dawn
Sep 22, 2010 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This is a quick introduction to Kabbalah. If you have been practicing for a while then this would not be for you but for the beginner I think it is wonderful. I also think the layout makes it easier to digest the material.
Jim George
The author gives a very simplistic introductiom to Jewish mysticism - Kabbalah. A guarded, relatively unrevealed part of Judaism from the Zohar. Interesting concept, sort of spiritual quantum physics in depth.
Keith Henry
Sep 09, 2009 Keith Henry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well written, very succinct. Extremely inspirational as well as educational. It's a modern-day explanation of Kaballah and what it means in a practicle sense.
Miriam
Oct 06, 2013 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not an easy reading if you are not familar with Kabbalah. Very deep and interesting. Some concepts are still difficult to acknowledge. Very strong and valuable .
Tom
Jun 24, 2012 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has taught me a lot about how I now look at life. Spiritual guide. Talks a lot about "Ego" and how we let it take over, consume our lives.
Eduardo
Apr 24, 2013 Eduardo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
We should re-read this books from time to time. Pure truth and understanding. We need to live our understandings, its not enough to know.
Kyoka
Jun 23, 2012 Kyoka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I literally read this book in one day!
Sonya Wanvig
Jan 11, 2012 Sonya Wanvig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good intro to Kabbalah.
Cynthia
Jul 06, 2013 Cynthia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed this, too
Robert Servidone
Robert Servidone marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Dominie Wirth
Dominie Wirth marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Isabela Florenzano
Isabela Florenzano rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Victor Holguin
Victor Holguin rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Beth
Beth added it
Jul 03, 2016
  • The Power of Kabbalah: Technology for the Soul
  • The Essential Zohar: The Source of Kabbalistic Wisdom
  • Dead Children Playing
  • A New Christianity for a New World: Why Traditional Faith is Dying & How a New Faith is Being Born
  • Do Dead People Watch You Shower?: And Other Questions You've Been All but Dying to Ask a Medium
  • Moonage Daydream: The Life & Times of Ziggy Stardust
  • Don't Think Like a Human! Channeled Answers to Basic Questions (Kryon, #2)
  • El Libro del Ego: Liberarse de la Ilusion
  • The Psychic Energy Codex: A Manual for Developing Your Subtle Senses
  • The Witch's Qabalah
  • From Science to God: A Physicist's Journey into the Mystery of Consciousness
  • The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism
  • Stand Up for Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power
  • Jesus the Jew: A Historian's Reading of the Gospels
  • The Magic Path of Intuition
  • Green, Greener, Greenest: A Practical Guide to Making Eco-Smart Choices a Part of Your Life
  • Kabbalah: A Love Story
  • Be Still...and Let Your Nail Polish Dry
Rabbi Michael Berg (born June 29, 1973) is the co-director of the Kabbalah Centre, alongside his mother Karen Berg. He is the son of Philip Berg, the founder of the Kabbalah Centre. Michael edited an unabridged English translation of the Zohar. He is also a cofounder of Raising Malawi.

Michael Berg is the author of several books on Kabbalah. Included among them are Secrets of The Zohar, Becoming Li
More about Michael Berg...