Summertime Blues

Summertime Blues (Lou! #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Lous continuing plans to match her mom up with Richard, the bohemian guy who lives across the hall, are foiled by a mandatory family trip to stay with her grandmother in the most boring town on the planet. Getting the cat into a carrier is only the start of their summertime problems. Gram has her own plan afoot to match up Lous mom with a successful local doctor. And thing...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Graphic Universe (first published 2005)

Rose
"Summertime Blues" is the second book in the popular "Lou" series by Julien Neel. This was a wonderful story that had Lou and her mother traveling to Memaw's place to spend the summer away from the city. Both Lou and her mother aren't too happy about it since it's in the countryside and supposed to be one of the most boring towns ever. But while staying in Memaw's house, Lou's Mom keeps in touch with Patrick, while Lou is down in the dumps from only getting a single undesirable postcard from her...more
Suvi
Mimun tarina jatkuu sarjakuvan kakkososassa. Tällä kertaa vietetään kesää mummolassa, "helvetin esikartanossa". Itseäni viehätti mummon hahmo, juro, mutta kuitenkin pohjimmiltaan rakastava ja lapsestaan ja lapsenlapsestaan ylpeä nainen. Pidän sarjakuvan eri sävyistä, kaikki ei ole laadidaata, vaan mukana on myös tummempia sävyjä, ihan niinkuin normaalissakin elämässä.
Matti Karjalainen
Julien Neelin mainiosta "Mimun maailmasta" on suomennettu vasta yksi osa, mutta ranskaa taitamattoman lukijan riemuksi sarjakuvaa on saatavilla myös englanniksi.

"Lou! 2 Summertime Blues" (Usharp Comics, 2008) jatkaa kaksitoistavuotiaan esiteinin ja hänen yksinhuoltaja-äitinsä vaiheita yhtä oivallisissa merkeissä kuin ensimmäisessäkin osassa.

Sarjakuva-albumissa vietetään kesälomaa maaseudulla ensimmäisessä osassa esitellyn isoäidin luona, mikä koettelee yhden jos toisenkin henkilön hermoja raska...more
Holly Letson
With this second volume, we are welcomed back into the life of the wonderfully easy-to-relate-to child, Lou, and her mother.
In this volume, they are both heartbroken, since the objects of their affections are far from them, and bummed, since they have to spend the Summer at the evil MeMaw's house.
MeMaw is everything a child could possibly hate, especially having brussel sprout as part of each and every meal. She's also everything a grown woman--and mother--could hate, especially having your m...more
Courtney
The further adventures of Lou.

(view spoiler)

Will this give Lou's Mom just one more distraction to keep her from finally finishing the book she's been working on so long? Not if Lou can help it, as she does her best to keep her Mom on trac...more
Dolores
I absolutely love this series. In book 2, Lou and her mother spend the summer with her grandmother, which presents a number of challenges. Lou is apart from her very best friend and depressed about the loss of her crush. She also isn't happy about staying at her grandmother's house in the middle of nowhere. And...to put it mildly, her grandmother is...challenging. Mom, has her own troubles. She doesn't exactly get along with Grandma either, and is a bit depressed at being separated from Richard....more
Reetta Saine
Mimun Kesäblues jatkaa melkein teinin ja yksinhuoltajaäidin... noh, "seikkailuja" taitaa olla turhan aktiivinen sana. Arkipäiväiset sattumukset, kuten lomailu isoäidin luona, kätkee alleen suuria tunteita ja isoja ajatuksia mm. rakkaudesta ja vanhemmuudesta - ehkä vähän pettymyksestä ja yksinäisyydestäkin.

Neelin vahvuus on taito kirjoittaa yhtäaikaisesti sekä lapsille että aikuisille kumpaakaan väheksymättä. Kaikkea ei tarvitse sanoa ääneen, vihjauksetkin riittävät.

Mukana kokonaista KAKSI kissaa...more
Katie Fitzgerald
This series is great for reluctant readers. The books are short and funny, and kids will undoubtedly see much of their own lives reflected in Lou’s trials and tribulations. This second book develops further many of the plot lines introduced in book one, and the reader gets to learn even more about the characters’ histories and personalities. I’m already excited for Book 3, Down in the Dumps, which is set to be published this October.

Read my full review on my blog: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.co...more
Chris
And now I've closed the circle in a most satisfactory way--I stumbled across volume 3 and read that first, then went back to read volume 1 and then this volume 2. It's nice seeing the characters as they develop over time to get from point A back to point C, where I first met them. Strong characters, humorous, and poignant. For more detail, see my reviews of Down in the Dumps and Secret Diary.
Ryan
This graphic novel is beautiful to look at but hard to read. It changes fonts between standard graphic novel print and a cursive that is hard to read during dream sequences. Plus the story was just too girly to finish.
Stacey
Each page is one comic. Also part of the overall story. Lou's interaction with Paul made me like it more than the first. And her mom just gets funnier.
Stephanie Baker
These books are so adorable. Why aren't the english version showing up properly? It's Lou! Summertime Blues in English.
Jessi
The next fun book in the "Lou!" series. Lou heads out to her grandmother's for the summer and meets a new boy.
Arja
Jälleen loistava sarjakuva. Odotukset olivat kovat, mutta tämä ylitti ne kirkkaasti. Tämä sarja toimii.
Jacob
Public library copy. My daughters love this series, it's really intended for young girls.
Cecilia

Inte lika gullig som den första boken, men fortfarande väldigt rolig att läsa.
Abby Johnson
Just another super cute, funny, girly comic. :) I hope they publish more in the States!
Althea P
I'm a huge fan of Lou! Julien Neel wrote this series for me...
Ariefmai Rakhman
komik keren... walau temanya agak gak biasa untuk anak indonesia
Clover White
Just as good as the first one.
HanaPouletta
J'aime ces BD ♥
Elsa
Fun!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 16: Schön, dass du wieder da bist (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #16)
  • Cow Boy A Boy and His Horse
  • Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown (Lunch Lady, #4)
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Volume 1
  • Blue Exorcist, Vol. 9
  • Bunny Drop 5 (Bunny Drop, #5)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 1: Change is Constant
  • Dream Saga, Vol. 01
  • Shadow in Hawthorn Bay
  • Pokemon Adventures, Volume 6 (Pokémon Adventures)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)
  • Zombillenium - Gretchen (Zombillenium #1)
  • The House of Djinn (Shabanu, #3)
Julien Neel est un auteur français de bandes dessinées.

Julien Neel is a French comic strip author.
More about Julien Neel...
Journal infime (Lou!, Tome 1) Le cimetière des autobus (Lou!, Tome 3) Idylles (Lou!, Tome 4) Laser Ninja (Lou!, Tome 5) L'âge de cristal (Lou!, Tome 6)