Start by marking “Core of Conviction: My Story” as Want to Read:
Core of Conviction: My Story

Core of Conviction: My Story

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Michele Bachmann is one of the most compelling leaders in America. But despite all the magazine covers and cable television stories, most people don't know who she really is, where she comes from, or what she believes. So she decided to tell her own story and let the reader decide.

As you'll learn in this fascinating memoir, Bachmann wasn't the type of kid who started dream
Published November 21st 2011 by Sentinel HC (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Core of Conviction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Core of Conviction

Michael Jones
I gave up on this book partway through. It's a pleasant enough read about a pleasant enough life, but in the end there's not enough conflict to the story to keep it interesting. There's no rain to show you how bright the sunshine is. After a few chapters, it falls into a rhythm of telling the next chapter of Bachmann's life in such a way that she can end the chapter by explaining something about her political positions... very morality-taleish. I would say "preachy" is a bit strong of a word, bu ...more
Jeff Stockett
I read this book to get to know Michele Bachmann as a Presidential candidate. I really liked it. I think the title reflects very well what the book is about. It is essentially on autobiography but with an emphasis on the Michele Bachmann's core convictions and how she came about them.

I really liked how it was a story of her journey. A few chapters in she talks about how she worked on Jimmy Carter's presidential campaign. When I read that, I thought to myself that if she believed in Jimmy Carter,
Lillie
Michele Bachmann has always impressed me as a dedicated Christian and conservative who puts principles before politics. That impression was certainly borne out in this book. She and her husband made a commitment to live out their faith in their lives and marriage. For example, as staunch pro-life advocates, they have helped pregnant women in crisis and served as foster parents. Her educational activism led to her involvement with politics.

I expected her to be knowledgeable about the issues and
Alex
Apr 21, 2014 Alex rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All them right wing loonies
Michele Bachmann gives an interesting window into her life, her past, and her fundamental ideology. an Interesting read, that sadly feels rushed through; towards the end becoming apparent that the book was released (and probably written) to co-incide with her 2012 presidential nomination run. Regardless, Michele discusses her fundamental ideas, ideas that she does remain true to in her policies. A darling of the Tea Party, the book has a strong overtone of Individual Liberty, minimal government, ...more
Zach
If you're asking the question "Who is Michele Bachmann?", then look no further. Putting my personal feelings on her as a GOP candidate aside, I thought she did a really good job describing her personal background and political career, as well as positions on the issues, in a relatively short autobiography. I would say roughly the first half of the book details her personal life, while the latter half is more focused on political issues.

"Core of Conviction" ranges from funny advice (e.g. "Men, he
Ali
Core of Conviction started out as a really cool description of Michele's unusual entry into the political scene. It later gave heart warming details about the many foster children she and her family hosted, and interesting insight into her family history. I gave this book two stars though because while I really enjoyed it in the beginning, it slowly turned into somewhat of a rant of Congresswoman Bachmann's political opinions. I admire Michele, and perhaps it is just because I don't know as much ...more
Randy Holmberg
While I am no where near a conservative, I respect Michele Bachmann and her views. If nothing else she is incredibly dedicated and has passion for her beliefs. If you can handle constant god talk, then you can enjoy this book. It was nice learning about the Tea Party and this woman who ran for president. It will be very interesting to see what the political future holds for Michele.
Stacy Harp
The first part of this book kept my attention fine, as I was listening to the Audible version. After the second or third chapter, I got bored and haven't finished listening to the book. As mush as I enjoy Michele Bachmann.... this book just didn't do it for me.
Theresa
I have always respected Michele and after reading this book, I have even more respect for our congresswoman and the integrity she has for the people she serves. We a blessed.
Susannah Pipkin
Love this politician even more. Agree with her values and appreciate her explanations. Loved learning about her journey.
Cindy
wonderful!
Davidl
Davidl is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2014
jaclyn rohan
jaclyn rohan marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2013
Herb
Herb marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Jack C
Jack C added it
Aug 17, 2013
Evan Farah
Evan Farah marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Aleks
Aleks added it
Jun 30, 2013
Enid
Enid marked it as to-read
May 28, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
May 13, 2013
Yellow Bell
Yellow Bell marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
State of The Union Address with Republican and Tea Party Response - January 25, 2011 Our Destiny Remains Our Choice: President Obama's State of the Union Address (January 25, 2011)