Start by marking “You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be” as Want to Read:
You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
Preview

You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"Whatever difficulties you face," Lisa Osteen Comes encourages readers, "I believe you are made for more."

Lisa shares from her own life stories of facing birth defects, limiting labels as a young woman, an unwanted divorce, criminal attack, infertility, and broken dreams. With every story, in every chapter, she delivers biblical truths and practical help for overcoming har
Published January 6th 2012 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Made for More!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Made for More!

Simply Revelation by T.R. EstepThe Holy Spirit by Susan RohrerNocturne, Opus 1 by Norene MoskalskiKnowing God by J.I. PackerHeaven is for Real by Todd Burpo
Christian Thought
7th out of 74 books — 48 voters
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse AndersonWasted by Marya HornbacherUnbearable Lightness by Portia de RossiJust Listen by Sarah DessenStick Figure by Lori Gottlieb
Best Eating Disorder Books
289th out of 324 books — 656 voters

More lists with this book...

Happy
Very inspiring.
Andrew
You Are Made for More is an inspiring book written by Lisa Osteen Comes. Lisa Osteen Comes is Joel Osteen's sister and she is also associate pastor at Lakewood Church. Her book covers twelve chapters to remind readers that they are made for more. The book revealed you are made a masterpiece, to hope, to live your dreams, to rise above other's expectations, to keep on, and so much more. We don't just have to live a less than life we can live an abundant life and run our own race!

Lisa Osteen Comes
Jo Ann
First I want to say thank you for the book I won it through GR giveaway.

Last year 2011 a lot of changes happened in my life some I though I really wanted some I didn't want at all. I have always found dealing with any kind of changes extremely difficult even when it meant giving up a bad situation in hopes of a better one.

Lisa Osteen's book really hit home with me I had been living down in the "pit" for quite some time and I felt so "stuck" there. I could not stop looking backwards its true I'm
Chelsea DeVries
From the first page, I was interested in Lisa's story of all she's overcome so far in her life. Yet, it was her encouraging reminder of God's revelation and plan for MORE out of life for ALL of His children that had me both in tears and ready to OVERCOME all that life tries to use to keep me down. I will rise and shine with God's glory. (Isaiah 60:1). Nothing is impossible with God.
Theresa
In You Are Made For More! Lisa encourages us to reach our full potential in our walk with God. By using her personal life experiences as examples Lisa shows us how to over come and go forward. References to Bible scriptures are included with touching stories from the Bible and todays life to offer hope. There are many references to over coming fear I found very helpful. This is a book you'll want to keep on your bookcase to refer back to in the future when you're feeling confused by life, so it ...more
Victoria
I adored this book! I was lucky enough to win "You Are Made For More!" through a GoodReads giveaway I randomly entered and am so happy to have won! The book arrived almost immediately - right before some time off for Christmas and I devoured it up in 2 sittings! I love Joel Osteen and now Lisa Osteen Comes - she has a way with words - and you can feel love and warmth coming through as you read. And trust me - I do not feel like this about many books.

I will be re-reading as soon as my best friend
Elizabeth
What a wonderful book! Lisa shares her many struggles and victories with her heartwarming and amusing tales. Throughout she encourages us to surmount our own life struggles in the same manner as she - by taking hold of God's promises and letting those carry her to better places. I recommend everyone, everywhere read this delightful, treasure-full tome.

Now go get on the bus.
JoAlice
Very uplifting
Ellen
I'm so glad Lisa wrote this book and shared her insight and wisdom. There were a few a-ha moments and I think I finally understand how to know what my purpose is. It's a desire in your heart. Something you know you must do. I enjoyed her stories and metaphors for the points she wanted to get across. She's been through a lot but because of mentors and her persistant faith she perservered.
Lisa M.
I often say "God has jokes". It's when you are in a 'moment' and then just the right word, phrase or person enters your life. This happened while reading this book. It was easy to read - actually a very smooth and quick read. While I found it repetitive at times, but I do believe the overall theme was achieved. I think it will be one that I go back to again and again.
Rebecca Rodriguez
Thanks so much to Goodreads and Lisa Osteen Comes for the opportunity to read this inspirational book. I've been in a rut and needed to feel supported, loved, and encouraged. I need to be reminded that I'm not alone in my struggles. Others are experiencing them as well. Our ever loving God is there if I will pray and listen. Thank you for sharing your journey.
Kathy
Suprisingly this is not just a book by a woman with a famous brother. I found Lisa Osteen Come's personal story interesting. Her correlation of life's events and spirituality were very comforting and reassuring. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt better about myself after reading it.
Kimberly
Believe it or not, but there is definitely a story in this audio book that every woman can relate to. It is filled with words of encouragement and inspirational stories that will help anyone on their spiritual journey.
Robbin
This was a pretty good book, but I think it could have been much shorter. After a couple of chapters it seemed to be repetitive.
Iris Montoya
Amazing, Inspirational a true Woman of God!! A must read!! Thank you, Roland for the share!! :)
Mandie
This is a fantastic read! This is a must read for any Christian woman.
Gretchen
A fantastic book! I would read it again!
David Stearman
Extremely insightful and encouraging.
Colleen Miller

Good book. Inspirational!
James
Great book, Lisa is very encouraging!
Wyvonna
EXCELLENT READ
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Louise
Louise is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Jessica Beard
Jessica Beard marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
carmen diaz
carmen diaz is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Tracy Hatcher
Tracy Hatcher marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kathy Tran
Kathy Tran marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • God Loves Ugly
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • Henny on the Couch
  • Click
  • You've Already Got It!: So Quit Trying to Get It
  • In Need of Therapy
  • Balance: A Story of Faith, Family, and Life on the Line
  • Until We All Come Home: A Harrowing Journey, a Mother's Courage, a Race to Freedom
  • The Only True Genius in the Family
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • Etched...Upon My Heart: What We Learn and Why We Never Forget
  • It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day
  • In the Blink of an Eye: My Life with RSDS
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1)
Šešios apgavystės, kurias velnias naudoja santuokoms griauti

“That strategy made all the difference.” 0 likes