Start by marking “You Are Made for More!: Spiritual Inspiration and Advice for Building a Better Life” as Want to Read:

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  21 reviews
"Whatever difficulties you face," Lisa Osteen Comes encourages readers, "I believe you are made for more."

Lisa shares from her own life stories of facing birth defects, limiting labels as a young woman, an unwanted divorce, criminal attack, infertility, and broken dreams. With every story, in every chapter, she delivers biblical truths and practical help for overcoming har
Published January 6th 2012 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Made for More!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Made for More!

Andrew
You Are Made for More is an inspiring book written by Lisa Osteen Comes. Lisa Osteen Comes is Joel Osteen's sister and she is also associate pastor at Lakewood Church. Her book covers twelve chapters to remind readers that they are made for more. The book revealed you are made a masterpiece, to hope, to live your dreams, to rise above other's expectations, to keep on, and so much more. We don't just have to live a less than life we can live an abundant life and run our own race!

Lisa Osteen Comes
Jo Ann ☃
First I want to say thank you for the book I won it through GR giveaway.

Last year 2011 a lot of changes happened in my life some I though I really wanted some I didn't want at all. I have always found dealing with any kind of changes extremely difficult even when it meant giving up a bad situation in hopes of a better one.

Lisa Osteen's book really hit home with me I had been living down in the "pit" for quite some time and I felt so "stuck" there. I could not stop looking backwards its true I'm
SOS Aloha
Adversity is wont to reveal genius, prosperity to hide it. - Horace

In a time when more readers face financial peril, uncertain work lives, and feelings of fragility in a fast-paced and overwhelming world, Lisa's message shows how to not only get through the day but, how to catch new vision for a bold and bright life.

Lisa Osteen Comes faced her own difficulties to find that she, too, was made for more. She shares how readers can overcome adversity in this easy reading nonfiction that is relevant
Chelsea DeVries
From the first page, I was interested in Lisa's story of all she's overcome so far in her life. Yet, it was her encouraging reminder of God's revelation and plan for MORE out of life for ALL of His children that had me both in tears and ready to OVERCOME all that life tries to use to keep me down. I will rise and shine with God's glory. (Isaiah 60:1). Nothing is impossible with God.
Theresa
In You Are Made For More! Lisa encourages us to reach our full potential in our walk with God. By using her personal life experiences as examples Lisa shows us how to over come and go forward. References to Bible scriptures are included with touching stories from the Bible and todays life to offer hope. There are many references to over coming fear I found very helpful. This is a book you'll want to keep on your bookcase to refer back to in the future when you're feeling confused by life, so it ...more
Victoria
I adored this book! I was lucky enough to win "You Are Made For More!" through a GoodReads giveaway I randomly entered and am so happy to have won! The book arrived almost immediately - right before some time off for Christmas and I devoured it up in 2 sittings! I love Joel Osteen and now Lisa Osteen Comes - she has a way with words - and you can feel love and warmth coming through as you read. And trust me - I do not feel like this about many books.

I will be re-reading as soon as my best friend
Elizabeth
What a wonderful book! Lisa shares her many struggles and victories with her heartwarming and amusing tales. Throughout she encourages us to surmount our own life struggles in the same manner as she - by taking hold of God's promises and letting those carry her to better places. I recommend everyone, everywhere read this delightful, treasure-full tome.

Now go get on the bus.
Ellen
I'm so glad Lisa wrote this book and shared her insight and wisdom. There were a few a-ha moments and I think I finally understand how to know what my purpose is. It's a desire in your heart. Something you know you must do. I enjoyed her stories and metaphors for the points she wanted to get across. She's been through a lot but because of mentors and her persistant faith she perservered.
Lisa M.
I often say "God has jokes". It's when you are in a 'moment' and then just the right word, phrase or person enters your life. This happened while reading this book. It was easy to read - actually a very smooth and quick read. While I found it repetitive at times, but I do believe the overall theme was achieved. I think it will be one that I go back to again and again.
Rebecca Rodriguez
Thanks so much to Goodreads and Lisa Osteen Comes for the opportunity to read this inspirational book. I've been in a rut and needed to feel supported, loved, and encouraged. I need to be reminded that I'm not alone in my struggles. Others are experiencing them as well. Our ever loving God is there if I will pray and listen. Thank you for sharing your journey.
Kathy
Suprisingly this is not just a book by a woman with a famous brother. I found Lisa Osteen Come's personal story interesting. Her correlation of life's events and spirituality were very comforting and reassuring. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt better about myself after reading it.
Kimberly
Believe it or not, but there is definitely a story in this audio book that every woman can relate to. It is filled with words of encouragement and inspirational stories that will help anyone on their spiritual journey.
Robbin
This was a pretty good book, but I think it could have been much shorter. After a couple of chapters it seemed to be repetitive.
Iris Montoya
Amazing, Inspirational a true Woman of God!! A must read!! Thank you, Roland for the share!! :)
Mandie
This is a fantastic read! This is a must read for any Christian woman.
Gretchen
A fantastic book! I would read it again!
David Stearman
Extremely insightful and encouraging.
Colleen Miller

Good book. Inspirational!
James
Great book, Lisa is very encouraging!
Paige Head
Paige Head marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Dec 23, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Denise Toibes
Denise Toibes marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Raili
Raili marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Meka
Meka marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • God Loves Ugly
  • Henny on the Couch
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • In Need of Therapy
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • Do or Diner (A Comfort Food Mystery, #1)
  • It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • A Godward Heart: Treasuring the God Who Loves You
  • God Loves You: He Always Has--He Always Will
  • The Only True Genius in the Family
  • Technical Hitch (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Etched...Upon My Heart: What We Learn and Why We Never Forget