Start by marking “You Are Made for More!: Spiritual Inspiration and Advice for Building a Better Life” as Want to Read:

"Whatever difficulties you face," Lisa Osteen Comes encourages readers, "I believe you are made for more."

Lisa shares from her own life stories of facing birth defects, limiting labels as a young woman, an unwanted divorce, criminal attack, infertility, and broken dreams. With every story, in every chapter, she delivers biblical truths and practical help for overcoming har
Published January 6th 2012 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about You Are Made for More!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Made for More!

Kimberly
Mar 21, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Believe it or not, but there is definitely a story in this audio book that every woman can relate to. It is filled with words of encouragement and inspirational stories that will help anyone on their spiritual journey.
Kathy
Mar 27, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Suprisingly this is not just a book by a woman with a famous brother. I found Lisa Osteen Come's personal story interesting. Her correlation of life's events and spirituality were very comforting and reassuring. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and felt better about myself after reading it.
Robbin
Aug 06, 2016 Robbin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book, but I think it could have been much shorter. After a couple of chapters it seemed to be repetitive.
Happy
Mar 19, 2014 Happy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very inspiring.
David Stearman
Jun 17, 2013 David Stearman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely insightful and encouraging.
Wendy
May 07, 2015 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, christian
Excellent way to change your thinking to be a more positive person.
Andrew
Jul 02, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You Are Made for More is an inspiring book written by Lisa Osteen Comes. Lisa Osteen Comes is Joel Osteen's sister and she is also associate pastor at Lakewood Church. Her book covers twelve chapters to remind readers that they are made for more. The book revealed you are made a masterpiece, to hope, to live your dreams, to rise above other's expectations, to keep on, and so much more. We don't just have to live a less than life we can live an abundant life and run our own race!

Lisa Osteen Comes
Jo Ann
First I want to say thank you for the book I won it through GR giveaway.

Last year 2011 a lot of changes happened in my life some I though I really wanted some I didn't want at all. I have always found dealing with any kind of changes extremely difficult even when it meant giving up a bad situation in hopes of a better one.

Lisa Osteen's book really hit home with me I had been living down in the "pit" for quite some time and I felt so "stuck" there. I could not stop looking backwards its true I'm
Theresa
Jan 22, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In You Are Made For More! Lisa encourages us to reach our full potential in our walk with God. By using her personal life experiences as examples Lisa shows us how to over come and go forward. References to Bible scriptures are included with touching stories from the Bible and todays life to offer hope. There are many references to over coming fear I found very helpful. This is a book you'll want to keep on your bookcase to refer back to in the future when you're feeling confused by life, so it ...more
Victoria
Jan 11, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book! I was lucky enough to win "You Are Made For More!" through a GoodReads giveaway I randomly entered and am so happy to have won! The book arrived almost immediately - right before some time off for Christmas and I devoured it up in 2 sittings! I love Joel Osteen and now Lisa Osteen Comes - she has a way with words - and you can feel love and warmth coming through as you read. And trust me - I do not feel like this about many books.

I will be re-reading as soon as my best friend
Lisa M.
Feb 21, 2013 Lisa M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I often say "God has jokes". It's when you are in a 'moment' and then just the right word, phrase or person enters your life. This happened while reading this book. It was easy to read - actually a very smooth and quick read. While I found it repetitive at times, but I do believe the overall theme was achieved. I think it will be one that I go back to again and again.
Chelsea DeVries
Apr 13, 2014 Chelsea DeVries rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
From the first page, I was interested in Lisa's story of all she's overcome so far in her life. Yet, it was her encouraging reminder of God's revelation and plan for MORE out of life for ALL of His children that had me both in tears and ready to OVERCOME all that life tries to use to keep me down. I will rise and shine with God's glory. (Isaiah 60:1). Nothing is impossible with God.
Rebecca Rodriguez
Thanks so much to Goodreads and Lisa Osteen Comes for the opportunity to read this inspirational book. I've been in a rut and needed to feel supported, loved, and encouraged. I need to be reminded that I'm not alone in my struggles. Others are experiencing them as well. Our ever loving God is there if I will pray and listen. Thank you for sharing your journey.
Elizabeth
May 29, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book! Lisa shares her many struggles and victories with her heartwarming and amusing tales. Throughout she encourages us to surmount our own life struggles in the same manner as she - by taking hold of God's promises and letting those carry her to better places. I recommend everyone, everywhere read this delightful, treasure-full tome.

Now go get on the bus.
Ellen
Dec 16, 2014 Ellen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad Lisa wrote this book and shared her insight and wisdom. There were a few a-ha moments and I think I finally understand how to know what my purpose is. It's a desire in your heart. Something you know you must do. I enjoyed her stories and metaphors for the points she wanted to get across. She's been through a lot but because of mentors and her persistant faith she perservered.
Colleen Miller
Dec 14, 2012 Colleen Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Good book. Inspirational!
James
Oct 28, 2013 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, Lisa is very encouraging!
JoAlice
Jan 06, 2015 JoAlice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very uplifting
Iris Montoya
Jan 20, 2013 Iris Montoya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing, Inspirational a true Woman of God!! A must read!! Thank you, Roland for the share!! :)
Wyvonna
Jun 04, 2012 Wyvonna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: excellent-read
EXCELLENT READ
Gretchen
Aug 02, 2013 Gretchen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book! I would read it again!
Mandie
Aug 31, 2013 Mandie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic read! This is a must read for any Christian woman.
Joanne Di Falco
Jul 06, 2015 Joanne Di Falco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book! Very motivational!
K Elliott
Oct 28, 2015 K Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Glad I read it. God has truly designed us for MORE...and it is ALWAYS great to be reminded!
Cathy
Nov 15, 2016 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure when I read this book last year but it was a wonderful read. Very inspiring.
Amber Sanders
Amber Sanders rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2015
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2012
Narelle
Narelle rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Juli
Juli rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • A Growing Faith: Stories from Bed
  • The Holy Spirit, Your Financial Advisor: God's Plan for Debt-Free Money Management
  • Telling Teddy
  • God Loves Ugly
  • Becoming a Man of Unwavering Faith
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
  • Touching Heaven: A Cardiologist's Encounters with Death and Living Proof of an Afterlife
  • You've Already Got It! (So Quit Trying To Get It)
  • It's Our Ship: The No-Nonsense Guide to Leadership
  • It's Your Time: Finding Favor, Restoration, and Abundance in Your Life Every Day
  • When God Intervenes: An Extraordinary Story of Faith, Hope, and the Power of Prayer

“That strategy made all the difference.” 1 likes