Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 53” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 53

Naruto, Vol. 53 (Naruto #53)

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,976 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Untuk memperoleh kekuatan Kyubi, Naruto memulai latihan di pulau terpencil di Desa Kumogakure.

Saat segel berhasil dibuka dengan meminjam kekuatan Bee, kesadaran Kyubi yang penuh niat jahat nyaris menguasai Naruto.

Di tengah pertarungan alam bawah sadarnya, Naruto mengalami pertemuan mengharukan!!
Published September 2011 by PT Elex Media Komputindo (first published November 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 53, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 53

Kirra
Aug 22, 2015 Kirra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume was everything
Sarah Hayes
Feb 09, 2012 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Few people do training story arcs like Masashi Kishimoto. Sure, for the longest time it seemed like Yoshihiro Togashi of Yu Yu Hakusho fame was the shonen manga-ka most (in)famous for his training arcs, which were usually very long and very multi-layered, but recently Kishimoto has shown us what he can really do with some age-old genre tropes, and what comes out of all of this is volume fifty-three of Naruto, in which Naruto fights himself and then fights inside himself, only to find some unexpe ...more
Ashley Chen
Aug 26, 2012 Ashley Chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-or-manga
Kathleen
Aug 22, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Having been inspired by the forgiveness Bee showed Motoi, Naruto is able to conquer his evil side by acceptance (or something like that). Inside the waterfall, Bee tells Naruto that he will have to forcibly take the Nine Tails' chakra and make it his own. To do this, Naruto will have to undo the seal.

Bee holds the Nine Tails down and Naruto pulls on his chakra, but he almost loses himself to the Nine Tails' hatred until his mother appears. Kushina tells Naruto how she meet Minato when she first
Miss
Mar 29, 2012 Miss rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isn't it sad when the flashback volumes are more interesting than the main storyline? I got just enough to be intrigued and I'll never be satisfied. I want to know more about Hashirama Mito! I want to see Kushina's friendship with Mikoto! I want to flash forward to the future and see if Naruto and Sasuke get married because Kishimoto is pulling out every shoujo destiny marker I know of! (Okay that last one wasn't about backstory, sorry. Kishimoto's just so blatant, it's slid into actively irrita ...more
Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
I always knew that when I got to this specific section of the series that it would be very heart-touching. It turned out to be everything I expected and so much more.

One of the things that I really enjoy about the Naruto series is that despite it's length, it is wonderfully written and does not fill its reader with a never-ending array of fillers. I have experienced lots of "fillery" feelings from other series that have a consistent base of flashbacks. But with Naruto those flashbacks almost alw
Brad
Aug 11, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
So this entire sequence was awesome. Not only do we have an epic battle with himself, but Naruto is taking on his demon as a one-on-one battle... sort of.

I always wondered what his mother was like, and even more so, I wanted to know about the full circumstances of the demon fox's sealing and Naruto's parent's deaths. So much pathos. I loved it.
Carmine
Jan 19, 2016 Carmine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picchi di emozione che destabilizzano il lettore.
Niente altro da aggiungere; peccato che tale volume non sarà depositario di grossi miglioramenti all'interno di shippuden.
Mary
Dec 31, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 I can't just rate this a 5 because this series has its flaws as does this volume. But can we all just appreciate how touching and amazing this volume was? Poor Naruto...
Taruia
Nov 09, 2014 Taruia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I dare say the final dozen or so volumes (because now we know it is ending) will involve many back stories ... in today's incarnation, Naruto gets the back story of his mother (having had the father-story a few volumes back). The important bit, she has red hair which, when coupled with his father's blonde hair, apparently means that the offspring (Naruto) will have orange hair because clearly in this world gene-theory has no bearing at all. We do find that Uzumaki Senior battled Madara 16 years ...more
Ashley
Aug 16, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leighann Higgins
I automatically give 5 stars to every volume of Naruto (I know, I know) because I'm just that attached to the series, but this volume really freaking deserved it. Naruto's parent's backstory is so heartwarming and it had me crying all over again.
Leah
Feb 01, 2013 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics
The first time I read this volume was at my local Mall's comic book store, I didnt have enough money on me At the time so I was standing in the aisle reading it. I hadn't been reading the series as much as I was watching it, but even that had been put on hold. Thank goodness I wasn't with anyone at the time because I was bawling my eyes out right in the middle of the store. I had finished this volume in the matter of forty minutes it was so good. This was the saddest and heartfelt volume I've re ...more
Sara
Jul 25, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Well the stuff with Naruto conquering the darkness within him is pretty damn cliché. I'm not a big fan of Killer Bee, either. . .

BUT the flashbacks! I never thought we'd meet Naruto's other parent. And I never imagined her to be the one Naruto most takes after.

I like Naruto's new power. I see he must learn (read train for many chapters) how to use it, but I guess we're making progress.

PS. WHO the F is TOBI?!?!?!? It was driving me nuts BEFORE the flashbacks and even before Kabuto apparently ra
Trevor Smith
Aug 28, 2015 Trevor Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The back story to naruto and the jyubi is explianed in this sad yet happy volume! And something suprising about the back story happens! Would recommend !
Matthew Noe
May 24, 2016 Matthew Noe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
This run makes me tear up every single time. I'd give it a 7/5 if I could - it's just too emotionally powerful for any less.
Chris Miranda
Jul 23, 2016 Chris Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There aren't enough stars to rate volume 53. It was beautiful.
Bobby
Jun 25, 2015 Bobby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best volumes throughout the series so far!
Derek Hales
Feb 12, 2016 Derek Hales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i think that the book is a good book.
Marc
Jul 12, 2014 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
52 tomes plus tard, on sait enfin dans quelles circonstances Naruto est devenu le réceptacle de Kyubi. Il aura fallu être patient !
Fernando Morales
Oh my god the feels.
Soledad
Jan 29, 2016 Soledad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Llorando a mares :'(
Ternessa
Jan 31, 2015 Ternessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so behind in the Naruto manga now, but I just recently finished this volume.
I truly enjoyed learning more about Naruto's parents Kushina and Minato. Kushina has easily become one of my favorite female Naruto characters, along with Konan and Sakura. Her story is very enthralling and I hope we will continue to learn about her in future volumes. The fights were pretty entertaining in this volume as well, Minato is simply amazing and really holds his own in combat! If you haven't read this one y
Mathew Ostrander
I know that Naruto often catches a lot of flack for the constant flashbacks and back-story, but I enjoyed finally learning more about Naruto's mother. We got to see more of the circumstances around his parents life and death and the roles that they continue to play for Naruto. This volume deals mostly with Naruto overcome his darker side and coming to terms with the suffering in his life while at the same time looking at the good parts of his life and accepting the love of his parents.
Carolina
Jul 13, 2015 Carolina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Minato and Kushina :') <3
Reem
To be honest, what keeps me going on reading this, is Naruto (The character) I find his story, his parents' and Kurama's the most interesting thing. This volume tells what really happened the night when the Kyuubi attacked the village, and was there somebody behind it? And how Naruto's parents met!

I loved this volume, every little detail is connected with one another. Kishimoto-sensei totally perfected it.
And lastly, the volume cover is so beautiful and heartwarming.
Austin
Jun 12, 2012 Austin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Is deffintly the volume we have been waiting for! We finally learn about the truth about that night 16 years ago. To be frank, we know how it ends but we dont know the middle and Minato and Kushinas last words. I was Seriously on the verge of tears! Probably the saddest volume yet. Geez I wonder how anyone can read through the naruto series! It's so damn sad! But it's also so damn good! Amazing Kishimoto, just amazing.
Anusha Narasimhan
I loved the waterfall of truth sequence. We all have a bit of negativity hidden in our hearts, be it anger, resentment, hatred, ego, etc. This volume taught me that accepting and acknowledging that ugly part is important to eradicate it.

Full manga review at https://anushanarasimhan.wordpress.co...
Nura
Sep 29, 2011 Nura rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
Minato's so cool when heading to fight kyubi. I wish Naruto could learn some of Minato's jutsu. *sigh* why are you so lame, Naruto? can't you think any jutsu other than rasengan? And I'm more curios about how Madara could still lived. He's cutest when posing as Tobi. I give four star for the heart-warming meeting between mother and son.
Elly Kurniawati
Dec 26, 2012 Elly Kurniawati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Menangis tersedu-sedu deh membaca kisah penyegelan kyuubi ke naruto. Ingat pesan ibu naruto "terus cari lah teman, sedikit juga tak apa, cukup beberapa teman yang bisa dipercaya, tiap orang punya kelebihan dan kekurangan, jadi jangan putus asa kalau ada yang nggak berjalan lancar" :)
  • ワンピース 59 [Wan Pīsu 59] (One Piece, #59)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 46 (Bleach, #46)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)